Page 10 of 598 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110510 ... LastLast

Thread: Arrow

Incredible Member

Man, Amanda loves bombing things with her drones. Level a fairly important American port city of half a million just to kill fifty men. Yes, yes, they're very dangerous men, but seriously, a group like ARGUS with all their resources can't come up with any better options to try first?

Ultimate Member

That's Amanda Waller for you. No need to use a scalpel when a rocket launcher will do.

Amanda: "When in doubt, kill it with fire."

BANNED

I really, really hope that scene of Laurel holding a bow in a red outfit is not foreshadowing.

One of the problem of having a show that commits to flashbacks every episode is that when you get to an episode like this with so much going on and so many different stories, the flashback scenes just get in the way, serving only to distract from the stories that really hold interest.

I've actually like this season better before they began building up to the finale. It's a little too similar to last year's buildup/finale, with a bad guy moving to destroy the city. How many times can a city rebuild from destruction? At this point I have little interest in the next episode.

Default Arrow discussion thread

Season 1 was good but season 2 has been fantastic!

Spoilers

Wow looks like we're in for one hell of a season finale!

Slade's super soldier army is wreaking havoc throughout Starling City and Waller has sent in ARGUS troops to seal off any escape. Both Sarah and Merlyn make their return and from the looks of the preview the rest of the League of Assassins isn't far behind. Also, was that Roy wearing a mask?!?
    So it's gonna be Green Arrow, Black Canary, Digg, Roy, possibly Merlyn, and the LoA vs Deathstroke, Ravager, and his super soldier army!
    Last edited by Robotman; 10-09-2014 at 03:36 PM.

Member in Disguise

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I've actually like this season better before they began building up to the finale. It's a little too similar to last year's buildup/finale, with a bad guy moving to destroy the city. How many times can a city rebuild from destruction? At this point I have little interest in the next episode.
    Even the reasoning was similar (destroy the city to rebuild it better)... it's basically Undertaking 2.0. I wonder how many people in the city are thinking "Screw this, we're moving to Gotham!"
    ...Expecting the Spanish Inquisition.

Wow. The ending was quite the shocker. I didn't think Thea had it in her.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Member in Disguise

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Wow. The ending was quite the shocker. I didn't think Thea had it in her.
    She didn't. Merlyn's in the next episode.

Incredible Member

Umm, yeah, Malcolm returning from the dead for a grand total of two episodes before being gunned down by his 'never held a gun before in her life' daughter would pretty much be the most anticlimactic thing ever.

Quote Originally Posted by zhris View Post
    She didn't. Merlyn's in the next episode.
    I can see that. Maybe it was one of Slade's men getting back up behind him. (And I didn't see the full promo for the next episode, so I didn't know.)

Member in Disguise

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I can see that. Maybe it was one of Slade's men getting back up behind him. (And I didn't see the full promo for the next episode, so I didn't know.)
    I didn't either until I saw the promo, he wasn't listed in any of the preview credits I could find.

Quick Thoughts:
    • So Roy's depowered now? That throws a lot of my theories out the window...
    • Isabel deserves to die, if for no other reason than that god-awful Chibi Deathstroke helmet thing.
    • I figured Blood had a 50/50 chance of surviving the season, but the way he went out was kinda weak (I never was a fan of that 'enemy of my enemy' rationale).
    • According to my mental scorecard, Detective Lance is now the only one who doesn't know who the Hood is. Ollie fails at secret keeping.
    • It looks like the flashbacks are about to the point where Slade loses his eye; do you think they'll stop there, or flashback all the way to the rescue?

Looks like The League of Assassins is back in the mix. Nyssa has returned too I think. The city being destroyed is getting old like someone else said. They definitely went back to the well on this one. I still think Slade is going to go out with a bang by killing someone before he is defeated. I'm guessing that it's Sarah and Laurel is going to eventually take up the mantle. Maybe Nyssa takes Laurel away at the end of the episode.

Ultimate Member

The showrunners have already said that they're plan is to keep doing the flashbacks up until the series finale, and that they'll end with Oliver's rescue from the island in the pilot.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by zhris View Post
    I didn't either until I saw the promo, he wasn't listed in any of the preview credits I could find.

Quick Thoughts:
    • So Roy's depowered now? That throws a lot of my theories out the window...
    • Isabel deserves to die, if for no other reason than that god-awful Chibi Deathstroke helmet thing.
    • I figured Blood had a 50/50 chance of surviving the season, but the way he went out was kinda weak (I never was a fan of that 'enemy of my enemy' rationale).
    • According to my mental scorecard, Detective Lance is now the only one who doesn't know who the Hood is. Ollie fails at secret keeping.
    • It looks like the flashbacks are about to the point where Slade loses his eye; do you think they'll stop there, or flashback all the way to the rescue?
    Lance CHOOSES not to know, so he really doesn't count imo. Thea still doesn't know either (unfortunately) and neither does Walter.

Am I the only person who thinks that since Roy is now a part of the show, it's a shame that Kelly Hu wasn't fasted as Cheshire rather than China White? (Though I'm not sure it would work, since he's with Thea in this world.) She did a great job in YJ. And also, speaking of... I would love it if we eventually get Artemis and Sportsmaster.