Page 103 of 598 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 8959

Thread: Arrow

Mighty Member

I hope Oliver will convince Laurel that Roy didn't kill Sara before she goes and try's to beat the hell out of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Art School Dropout View Post
    Episode 6 "Guilty" The flashbacks this season aren't nearly as interesting as in the past. Boxing glove arrow! Arsenal name drop finally. Nice Cupid tease at the end.
    Is it a tease when they have the character flat out say her name. I would call it a cameo

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    Is it a tease when they have the character flat out say her name. I would call it a cameo
    They weren't teasing the character. They were teasing the next episode.

Anyway, was Wildcat's ex-partner anyone we were supposed to know from the comics? Sometimes they do that and I don't always catch who they are.

Ultimate Member

Oh goodie, Cupid's here. I'm SO looking forward to seeing that godawful excuse for a character again, ugh.

Retired

Ted "Wildcat" Grant's gym is located at Hasen and 9th. The Wildcat was co-created by Bill Finger and Irwin Hasen.

I wonder if Bill Finger's name has ever been used in a reference like that? Or for that matter Mort Weisinger and George Papp (co-creators of Green Arrow) or Bob Kanigher and Carmine Infantino (co-creators of Black Canary).

I love how Oliver freaks out about Ted Grant having accidentally killed one dude six years ago when at the start of season one he was just straight up murdering goons.

Between Fyres' mercenaries and Ivo's pirates, how many people did Ollie kill on the Island? When they went to Russia to break Lyla out of a gulag, how many dudes were killed in the explosion? How many people did he kill while working for A.R.G.U.S.? That may have been under duress, but he still made the concious decision to follow Waller's demands, which is a bit more wilful than accidentally beating a guy to death.

I like the fact that Oliver is opposed to killing these days, but every time the showrunners have him spout off about it, he looks like just the biggest jackass.

And then it turns out that Ted didn't actually kill anyone, and Ollie is still a jerk to him!

Now that Laurel is off the pills and alcohol, Ollie has gone back to being the least likeable character on his own show. No wonder they decided to bring in Cupid; there's absolutely no way to make her not completely awful.

BANNED

Boxing glove arrow was really cool and a treat to old skool Green Arrow fans SUPER DUPER COOL!

I was hoping for a better Wildcat costume, but all in all it was a good episode.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by doodledude View Post
    Boxing glove arrow was really cool and a treat to old skool Green Arrow fans SUPER DUPER COOL!
    That was so awesome! One of the best cheesy fun weapons in comic history. So glad they found a way to work it in the show. Odd that there happened to be a green boxing glove laying around .

Really liked the sidekick fight.

Cupid is a lame character but I think there is potential to make her work on the show. She could be Green Arrow's Harley Quinn.

BANNED

Meh being a judgmental hypocritical ahole is Ollie's natural state.

Still dont see what training Ted Grant is going to provide that will get Laurel up to the level where she can legitimately go up against a named character of some note without it being Jobbing. I suppose she can win do underestimation and villain monologue.

Incredible Member

Yeah, Oliver was a huge hypocrite for most of this episode in regards to Ted Grant.

Other than that though, I was happy with the Roy storyline, especially given that this is the first time we've seen any indication Oliver actually cares about Roy, other than feeling a vague sense of responsibility to him. I really feel that's what's been lacking in their relationship and is a big part of why Roy continues to feel like an outsider. We can clearly see how much Oliver cares about Diggle and Felicity, but Roy is supposed to be his partner. As rocky as their relationship was in the comics, there was never a question that they cared deeply about each other, and the show really needs to start building that foundation otherwise Roy will never really click as part of the core group.

The show continues to hammer away at the Oliver plus kids theme with a total lack of subtlety as we're treated to more of Oliver being chummy with Katana and Matsuo's kid (no, literally every episode that doesn't have Oliver and Diggle talking about Diggle's daughter has Oliver interacting with Matsuo's son), so I'm guessing the paternity bombshell will be worked into the midseason finale at this point.

A little disappointed at the way Thea and Merlyn just appear and disappear throughout this season with no warning. They're supposed to be a major thread and they continue to feel at most, vaguely on the periphery of things.

Oliver's always been a huge hypocrite. He was preaching at Huntress at a time when he was Dexter himself. Heck, he was less discriminating than Dexter. Dexter thoroughly investigates targets, Ollie was slaughtering the bodyguards of criminals, at least some of whom were probably just bodyguards of guys they thought of as rich clients. Even the criminal ones may well have not been guilty of any capital crimes.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Oliver's always been a huge hypocrite. He was preaching at Huntress at a time when he was Dexter himself. Heck, he was less discriminating than Dexter. Dexter thoroughly investigates targets, Ollie was slaughtering the bodyguards of criminals, at least some of whom were probably just bodyguards of guys they thought of as rich clients. Even the criminal ones may well have not been guilty of any capital crimes.
    I agree Ollie was hypocritical earlier on when he was actually doing it, but he isn't one now. However, he should realize others might change like he did.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by PiercedMonk View Post
    I love how Oliver freaks out about Ted Grant having accidentally killed one dude six years ago when at the start of season one he was just straight up murdering goons.

Between Fyres' mercenaries and Ivo's pirates, how many people did Ollie kill on the Island? When they went to Russia to break Lyla out of a gulag, how many dudes were killed in the explosion? How many people did he kill while working for A.R.G.U.S.? That may have been under duress, but he still made the concious decision to follow Waller's demands, which is a bit more wilful than accidentally beating a guy to death.

I like the fact that Oliver is opposed to killing these days, but every time the showrunners have him spout off about it, he looks like just the biggest jackass.

And then it turns out that Ted didn't actually kill anyone, and Ollie is still a jerk to him!

Now that Laurel is off the pills and alcohol, Ollie has gone back to being the least likeable character on his own show. No wonder they decided to bring in Cupid; there's absolutely no way to make her not completely awful.
    Re-watch season 1 and look at how he treats Helena in her initial appearance. This type of thing is not new for him. It got to the point were the writers had to derail Helena's character to justify Oliver's hypocrisy.

I would try all my trick arrows on Roy, and then say that's why I call you arsenal.