Page 104 of 598 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 8959

Thread: Arrow

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by doodledude View Post
    Boxing glove arrow was really cool and a treat to old skool Green Arrow fans SUPER DUPER COOL!
    The most goofy arrow of Ollie's, yet still my favorite of them all!
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Ultimate Member

I feel like Oliver's done a complete 180 on the killing thing, and I don't completely buy it. He's like Batman-levels of "no killing" now. Yeas I know that he had the arc in season 2 and spared Slade at the end, but I don't think that he got THIS far with it this quickly. He was still planning on killing Slade until the last minute and he DID kill the Count to save Felicity and admitted to not feeling guilty about it. So I feel like it'd be more natural if he was at a point where he tried not to kill whenever possible, but was willing to do so if he thought it necessary. As it stands, it too massive a shift too quickly.

Incredible Member Miraclo__Pill's Avatar

Judgmental hypocritical holier than thou Ollie and boxing glove arrow. Sounds about right.
    http://grafikarobotnik.tumblr.com/

I survived the 2014 reboot and I didn't even got a lousy t-shirt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miraclo__Pills View Post
    Judgmental hypocritical holier than thou Ollie and boxing glove arrow. Sounds about right.
    When does he start spouting off about how the Republicans are all fascists?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Still dont see what training Ted Grant is going to provide that will get Laurel up to the level where she can legitimately go up against a named character of some note without it being Jobbing. I suppose she can win do underestimation and villain monologue.
    Don't sleep on Ted's skills. Comic book Ted is one of the most skilled fighters in the DC universe. He also has more in his repertoire than just boxing. Arrow's Ted has shown some of his non-boxing skills with his leg takedown during Laurel's sparring session. He also held his own against Ollie until Ollie shot him in the face (boxing glove arrow ftw!). So I feel Ted is competent enough to hang with this show's best martial artists. Now can he teach all this to Laurel so that she can go up against Ollie's biggest threats, no. However that doesn't mean she won't be competent enough to take down low level goons. Particularly if she starts using weapons.

On a related note, I keep seeing posts where people say it's ridiculous that characters like Roy and Thea are on Ollie's level. I don't see it that way. Sure, Roy and Thea are much, much better fighters than before they started training but they're no way near their mentors (Ollie & Malcolm). I particularly notice this with Roy. Even before he started training with Ollie, Roy had a fighting style that incorporates some sort of parkour style movements. They may look cool (at least to him) but it seems like such a waste of energy. I'm surprised Ollie hasn't tried to break Roy of this habit.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I agree Ollie was hypocritical earlier on when he was actually doing it, but he isn't one now. However, he should realize others might change like he did.
    That's why he still qualifies as a hypocrite in my opinion.

I think Ollie's harshness toward Ted relates more to Laurel though. On the surface, I'm sure he just doesn't want her to get training because he knows she wants to go the vigilante route. However, I still think there's a jealousy element toward Ted. It's the main reason they decided to cast a younger actor to play Wildcat. They wanted the potential for a love triangle.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I feel like Oliver's done a complete 180 on the killing thing, and I don't completely buy it. He's like Batman-levels of "no killing" now. Yeas I know that he had the arc in season 2 and spared Slade at the end, but I don't think that he got THIS far with it this quickly. He was still planning on killing Slade until the last minute and he DID kill the Count to save Felicity and admitted to not feeling guilty about it. So I feel like it'd be more natural if he was at a point where he tried not to kill whenever possible, but was willing to do so if he thought it necessary. As it stands, it too massive a shift too quickly.
    I'm good with Ollie's code for the simple fact that he's been to shown to break it. Most of us have morals that we live by but we all go against them at some point. Be it breaking our wedding vows, lying, stealing, cheating etc.
    Last edited by maczero; 11-13-2014 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by maczero View Post
    That's why he still qualifies as a hypocrite in my opinion.
    That I don't see. If I'm a reformed thief, does that make me a hypocrite if I try to stop others from following that path? Nope. IMO, the word "hypocrite" gets mixed up with "sanctimonious," the latter which may or may not be the case in regard to Ollie (or the reformed-thief me from an alternate universe ).

Incredible Member

That I don't see. If I'm a reformed thief, does that make me a hypocrite if I try to stop others from following that path? Nope. IMO, the word "hypocrite" gets mixed up with "sanctimonious," the latter which may or may not be the case in regard to Ollie (or the reformed-thief me from an alternate universe ).
    Speaking for myself, I used the word hypocrite because even after Ollie knew Ted wasn't the current killer but still believed him to have killed that drug dealer six years ago - his attitude towards Ted then, that's where he was hypocritical, I think. It wasn't like Ted had kept acting as a vigilante, then you might have had a point. But despite the fact that Ted was clearly exhibiting remorse (for what turned out to be a crime he didn't even commit himself) and had hung up his mask rather than risk it happening again, Oliver treated him like he himself hadn't willfully killed numerous people during his first year as a vigilante. Ted had already very clearly diverted himself from the path that led to the drug dealer's death, and Oliver's hypocrisy was in acting like he had some kind of moral high ground over a man who had already learned the same lessons Ollie now lives by (and with a much lower body count along the way).
    Last edited by Kalen O.; 11-13-2014 at 08:56 AM.

Does anyone know the name of the asian Christina Ricci looking woman?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Does anyone know the name of the asian Christina Ricci looking woman?
    Rila Fukushima. She played Yukio in "The Wolverine".

That fits. From a wielder of katanas to Katana.

Something about one adult telling another adult not to train an adult, even if that adult cares about that adult, and is being mean towards the second adult because he might still have a boner for the third adult, just feels so stupid. She really needs to tell the first adult to shove his head up his own behind and get to fixing the angry teenager.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/11/...head-on-arrow/

Do you know what I actually think would be cool? Making Tommy the Red Hood.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    Something about one adult telling another adult not to train an adult, even if that adult cares about that adult, and is being mean towards the second adult because he might still have a boner for the third adult, just feels so stupid. She really needs to tell the first adult to shove his head up his own behind and get to fixing the angry teenager.
    I have to agree. Unless Laurel was going to use her training for evil purposes, Ollie should have helped her out before she turned to Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalen O. View Post
    Speaking for myself, I used the word hypocrite because even after Ollie knew Ted wasn't the current killer but still believed him to have killed that drug dealer six years ago - his attitude towards Ted then, that's where he was hypocritical, I think. It wasn't like Ted had kept acting as a vigilante, then you might have had a point. But despite the fact that Ted was clearly exhibiting remorse (for what turned out to be a crime he didn't even commit himself) and had hung up his mask rather than risk it happening again, Oliver treated him like he himself hadn't willfully killed numerous people during his first year as a vigilante. Ted had already very clearly diverted himself from the path that led to the drug dealer's death, and Oliver's hypocrisy was in acting like he had some kind of moral high ground over a man who had already learned the same lessons Ollie now lives by (and with a much lower body count along the way).
    I don't see how that's hypocrisy. Hypocrisy is telling someone not to do something that you're actively doing at that time. That was true of Ollie with the Huntress, but not now. I mean, wouldn't we all be hypocrites then? We all have lied at least once in our lives, so we can't tell our children not to do so without be charged as a hypocrite?

I have to agree. Unless Laurel was going to use her training for evil purposes, Ollie should have helped her out before she turned to Grant.
    My thing isn't whether or not he should have helped her out. I honestly think he should have, and I can understand his reasons for not wanting to, but going around her to tell Ted not to train her, and on top of that telling her not to do it (because he cares about her and all that jazz) is ridiculous. Unless he's paying her bills, he has no right to tell her, or "suggest" what she should or should not do. Drunk Laurel would have never taken his crap. I don't care if people hated that version of the character, but, for me, that was when she was at her most entertaining.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York