Page 106 of 598 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 8959

Thread: Arrow

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

I love the Huntress episodes. All of em.
    Still think Laurel is a crappy written and crappy executed character.

BANNED

Oh good, someone told Laurel that Roy isn't actually the killer before she shot him full of bullets.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TOXIC View Post
    Oh good, someone told Laurel that Roy isn't actually the killer before she shot him full of bullets.
    Please, she didn't try to attack him at all. On some level she didn't fully believe Roy did/could kill Sara IMO.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    Please, she didn't try to attack him at all. On some level she didn't fully believe Roy did/could kill Sara IMO.
    If someone didn't tell her, the next scene would have been her with a gun pointed at Roy.

See: Every other episode after Sara's death where she's either trying to murder people who didn't do it, or telling other people to kill for her.

Mighty Member

If someone didn't tell her, the next scene would have been her with a gun pointed at Roy.

See: Every other episode after Sara's death where she's either trying to murder people who didn't do it, or telling other people to kill for her.
    Wrong she didn't even slap Roy when he claimed to have killed Sara.She clearly doubted him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    Wrong she didn't even slap Roy when he claimed to have killed Sara.She clearly doubted him.
    Rather shock and thinking where Oliver keeps the bullets for the gun. I can read just as much into nothingness as you can. Past indicates present.

Mighty Member

Rather shock and thinking where Oliver keeps the bullets for the gun. I can read just as much into nothingness as you can. Past indicates present.
    What is on screen trumps what is in your mind. Fact she did nothing to Roy. Another fact who told her that Komodo and Merlin killed Sara? Oh yeah, it was team Arrow. She should be doubting them by now. None of them are great detectives.

And you have that past part backwards, it goes like this:

http://www.veraclaritas.com/past-per...uture-results/
    Last edited by regnak; 11-13-2014 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Huntress just flat-out didn't work as a season-one character. Season one Ollie is himself a borderline monster. Huntress is supposed to contrast Batman, one of the strictest moralists in comics. To make her work as a contrast to season one Ollie was literally impossible, and the attempt was a mess, requiring them to write her very moustache-twirly to even pretend there was a contrast.
    Oh I remember that.

Ollie: "Huntress is out of control! She's killing people!"

Diggle: "Yeah, she reminds me of this guy I know."
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by maczero View Post
    Don't sleep on Ted's skills. Comic book Ted is one of the most skilled fighters in the DC universe. He also has more in his repertoire than just boxing. Arrow's Ted has shown some of his non-boxing skills with his leg takedown during Laurel's sparring session. He also held his own against Ollie until Ollie shot him in the face (boxing glove arrow ftw!). So I feel Ted is competent enough to hang with this show's best martial artists. Now can he teach all this to Laurel so that she can go up against Ollie's biggest threats, no. However that doesn't mean she won't be competent enough to take down low level goons. Particularly if she starts using weapons.

On a related note, I keep seeing posts where people say it's ridiculous that characters like Roy and Thea are on Ollie's level. I don't see it that way. Sure, Roy and Thea are much, much better fighters than before they started training but they're no way near their mentors (Ollie & Malcolm). I particularly notice this with Roy. Even before he started training with Ollie, Roy had a fighting style that incorporates some sort of parkour style movements. They may look cool (at least to him) but it seems like such a waste of energy. I'm surprised Ollie hasn't tried to break Roy of this habit.

That's why he still qualifies as a hypocrite in my opinion.

I think Ollie's harshness toward Ted relates more to Laurel though. On the surface, I'm sure he just doesn't want her to get training because he knows she wants to go the vigilante route. However, I still think there's a jealousy element toward Ted. It's the main reason they decided to cast a younger actor to play Wildcat. They wanted the potential for a love triangle.

I'm good with Ollie's code for the simple fact that he's been to shown to break it. Most of us have morals that we live by but we all go against them at some point. Be it breaking our wedding vows, lying, stealing, cheating etc.
    Please Ted aint even Top 20 pre new 52 then again neither is Green Arrow. Well obviously she can wack goons I am talking about named characters with actual reps. Gangbanger number 23 and Hooded Ninja Number 35 obviously dont count.

Oh I could buy Thea getting good enough to challenge Ollie way faster then Roy or Laurel because Merlyn is going to put her through hell for her training. Ted and Oliver are not going to be doing near as brutal or hardcore a training regimen.
    Last edited by JaggedFel; 11-13-2014 at 11:42 PM.

Retired

In the comics, Ted Grant has been credited with training Batman, Catwoman, Black Canary and even Superman in the sweet science.

BANNED

Did anyone else cringe at the Cupid, Stupid line at the end? Yes it rhymes but that doesn't make it okay. The show went from dark and gritty to Adam West Batman in about 0.5 seconds with that line and I'm not sure the Cupid character can ever recover.

Retired

Do you have a grudge against Connie Francis?

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    Did anyone else cringe at the Cupid, Stupid line at the end? Yes it rhymes but that doesn't make it okay. The show went from dark and gritty to Adam West Batman in about 0.5 seconds with that line and I'm not sure the Cupid character can ever recover.
    It was a cheesy line no doubt but i kind of liked how the actress playfully delivered the line. I don't mind a bit of "cheese", I think Cupid could be cheesy fun... but yeah i did cringe.
    Last edited by SXVA; 11-14-2014 at 09:38 AM.
    I wanna ditch the logical... don't let me let you go...., living for the only thing i know, hanging by a moment... nom nom coffee nom nom tea.

Incredible Member

"I'm Cupid, stupid"
    That's ....... embarrassing.
    Laurel wanted Oliver to "deal" with Roy, I believe in a very season 1 way. Oliver of course reassured her something would happen (great way to sidestep the ex's bloodlust).

The Wildcat/ Robincat stuff really reminded me of a Moonknight story from the 90s where his cyborg sidekick goes evil and comes for him. Though it was probably more based off of the Bruce Wayne/ Jason Todd relationship. Liked the shows take on this dynamic and it looks like we may get more.

Boxing glove arrow for the win! Hard thing to incorporate realistically, they pulled it off (and introduced it in a fight against a superhero boxer)

On the Huntress subject, they made a clear distinction in season 1 that Oliver killed when necessary (when the architects of the undertaking didn't heed his warning and self defense). Helena's was based only off revenge. Oliver later acknowledged he was a killer and couldn't help her as a result when they met. Which, Oliver distinguished between civilians and career criminals that were a threat to people's lives. Helena didn't. Morally gray, but an important distinction.

New flashback zone seemed promising, but its meandering hard. They need a packed episode just for this seasons flashback, to strengthen the relevance past annectdotal references and move the story past Oliver lived in japan and was a proto suicide squader. Give us Lady Shiva, Deadman, Jason Blood, something more with this.

Overall though liked the episode. Nearly had me convinced when Felicity said Roys details matched her Caruso machine reconstruction. Maybe Roy misremembering is the real red herring and Roy being brainwashed as a sleeper agent against team arrow was Deathstrokes backup plan.
    Who killed Sara? Slade by proxy. Calling it.

Or maybe it was Ra's and the finale will be Green Arrow: Death and the Maidens. a.k.a the story most synonymous with Nyssa