Page 111 of 598 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 8959

Thread: Arrow

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Lots to nerd out over in the last few minutes. A Harley Quinn reference, Ray talking about dwarf star extract and looking at the potential Atom suit, Captain Boomerang, and then the preview for the crossover with the Flash!

In the comics Cupid was a very lame character but I think they made the character work here.
    Oh? What is she like in the comics?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    , Ray talking about dwarf star extract and looking at the potential Atom suit.
    I'm actually surprised they're using The Atom on this show. I would have expected him to show up on Flash instead. So far, Arrow always seemed to be a catch-all of sorts for the non-powered stuff in the DC Universe (Green Arrow, Huntress, Black Canary, Wildcat, Manhunter, Katana, etc) while Flash is proving to be a catch-all for the super-powered stuff (mainly Flash, Firestorm, Captain Atom and Vibe so far). The only foray Arrow ever did into the world of super-powers was the Mirakuru. So, unless they come up with an oddly grounded way to do size and density control, it'll be kind of weird to see The Atom on this show.

It's funny to read the reactions to Cupid here but the whole point of Oliver sending her off to Waller & the Suicide Squad is to leave the door open for a possible future appearance somewhere. It's funny how a remote reference (not seen, heard or named) to Harley still makes her fans happy. The Boomerang teaser at the end and Katana were the best things about the last ep.

Retired

As I postulated two weeks ago on this thread--

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I can see how they could do the Atom with Ray Palmer and not have any actual super-powers.

Ray invents a nano-technology robot. It's a really really small robot. He controls this robot by wearing an exo-skeleton suit that captures his motions and relays those motions remotely to the nano-robot. Ray would have to enter some virtual reality that lets him see and feel the environment that the nano-robot experiences at the micro-level.
    I now think he might use the suit for remotely drilling into the white dwarf star matter. The exo suit allows him to remotely control a mining robot that bores into the matter.

Incredible Member

I rather liked the actress's showing for Cupid, though she didn't have the best material to work with. Though I suppose that's to be taken for granted when your character is the pet of the show-runner and he's going to have a good hand in the depiction.

She felt quite similar to Arrow! Huntress at certain points which isn't a good thing, but hopefully she can do more to set herself apart as a character.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    I'm actually surprised they're using The Atom on this show. I would have expected him to show up on Flash instead. So far, Arrow always seemed to be a catch-all of sorts for the non-powered stuff in the DC Universe (Green Arrow, Huntress, Black Canary, Wildcat, Manhunter, Katana, etc) while Flash is proving to be a catch-all for the super-powered stuff (mainly Flash, Firestorm, Captain Atom and Vibe so far). The only foray Arrow ever did into the world of super-powers was the Mirakuru. So, unless they come up with an oddly grounded way to do size and density control, it'll be kind of weird to see The Atom on this show.
    I read that they were planning on using Ted Kord, but DC said they couldn't for some reason. So they changed it to Ray Palmer.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

I was surprised to find myself actually liking Cupid, she turned out to be fun. But how come Oliver couldn't take her hand to hand? He's taken down like 20 guys in a row but can't deal with this one crazy woman?

I also really like Brandon Routh's Ray Palmer, but I'm not so sure about actually making the Atom. I don't really like them introducing powers in Arrow, that's what the Flash is for. The Mirakuru stuff is as far as I want to see here in terms of powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    I was surprised to find myself actually liking Cupid, she turned out to be fun. But how come Oliver couldn't take her hand to hand? He's taken down like 20 guys in a row but can't deal with this one crazy woman?
    It seemed to me like he was holding back and taking it easy on her.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

And is it me, or was Captain Boomerang's accent something that's not Australian. I think it sounded sort of Scottish sounding.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I read that they were planning on using Ted Kord, but DC said they couldn't for some reason. So they changed it to Ray Palmer.
    Damn, I so would've preferred him as Ted Kord...

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    It seemed to me like he was holding back and taking it easy on her.
    I don't know, he seemed to be having a hard time and he's not one to hold back usually. Also, she took out Roy with ease off screen... It just felt like they were giving her too much credit.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

And is it me, or was Captain Boomerang's accent something that's not Australian. I think it sounded sort of Scottish sounding.
    The actor is Lebanese. He did sound more Scottish than Australian which I don't know if it was meant to be intentional or not.
    Last edited by chamber-music; 11-20-2014 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post

I also really like Brandon Routh's Ray Palmer, but I'm not so sure about actually making the Atom. I don't really like them introducing powers in Arrow, that's what the Flash is for. The Mirakuru stuff is as far as I want to see here in terms of powers.
    Conservation of ninjutsu. A character can plow through multiple assailants like it's nothing, but one opponent will give them trouble.

Astonishing Member

That would make sense, considering the character they're writing. Ray Palmer was never a technology business guy, but Ted Kord was. As for why they're not using him, part of me wants to say it's because they don't want to have a Blue Beetle who's not Jaime Reyes out in the media, like how they told Dini and Timm that they had to use Kyle Rayner instead of Hal Jordan when they were doing the GL episode of Superman. However, I'm not even sure what the deal is with The Atom in the New 52. I know Ray Palmer showed up as a SHADE scientist and an Atom named Rhonda Pineda turned out to be a Crime Syndicate plant in Justice League and the writers and artists have dropped hints about Ryan Choi being the Atom. So, if the latter is true, I don't imagine they would let Ray be The Atom on screen.

Maybe having two characters named Ted (Grant and Kord) would have been weird.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Cupid was a fun character and I look forward to seeing her again. At the very least, I suspect she'll show up around February...

Also, not digging the Ray Palmer stuff. I really want Oliver to punch that smug bastard in the face. And I don't buy into the idea that Oliver loves Felicity. That was a huge misstep in my opinion.