Page 12 of 598 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112512 ... LastLast

Thread: Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    This. When I saw that, I was like "So the police have hand grenades in their ordnance room?"

I framed by framed the preview for next week, and that shot of all the heroes walking- I don't think Meryln was there. I see Nyssa, Sara, Oliver, Roy (in a mask!) and two random LoA soldiers in full costume, which is identical to Merlyn's costume. And while I don't think Thea shot him, I do wonder if he'll show up at all next episode, or if the writers will leave it vague as to what happened between Thea and her daddy.

Also, logically Isabel needs to be either killed or arrested by the end of the finale, but I honestly don't know if they'll do it. After all, if Isabel is arrested or killed, wouldn't that put Oliver back in control of QC, and therefore make him rich again?
    I assumed he pulled the grenades off of the deathstroke soldier.

Extraordinary Member

regarding flashbacks, if the show goes beyond five seasons they might use flashbacks from different characters, like perhaps Canary

Member in Disguise

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Also, logically Isabel needs to be either killed or arrested by the end of the finale, but I honestly don't know if they'll do it. After all, if Isabel is arrested or killed, wouldn't that put Oliver back in control of QC, and therefore make him rich again?
    It depends on the conditions of his 'replacement' (which probably never should have happened in the first place; napkin contracts are rarely enforceable, and easily over-ruled). Basically, if Ollie was CEO and got voted out, he's pretty much unemployed unless they specifically designated another role for him; corporate takeovers have an inherent 'no takebacks' rule, the Board would need to vote on a new CEO. They could vote Ollie back in, but given his track record it'd be a terrible idea from a business perspective. Also, even if they did, it's not like the salary is retroactive; there's no sudden "we're rich again" moment, even with a ton of stock involved.

Basically, the business/ financial part of the show is a horrible mess, and the best way to handle it is just nod and move on.
    ...Expecting the Spanish Inquisition.

Definitely agree that Season 2 is a massive step up from season 1. Probably my favorite show on TV at the moment.
    I can't help but to nerd out over little nods to comics.

I'm very excited for the finale.
    Throw me to the Wolves... And I'll come back leading the Pack.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

I was not expecting them to kill Blood but once he betrayed Slade by giving Ollie the cure it was inevitable.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Art School Dropout View Post
    I was not expecting them to kill Blood but once he betrayed Slade by giving Ollie the cure it was inevitable.
    It's a shame, though. Sebastian Blood would have made Starling City better than it ever was!
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeauL83 View Post
    Definitely agree that Season 2 is a massive step up from season 1. Probably my favorite show on TV at the moment.
    I can't help but to nerd out over little nods to comics.

I'm very excited for the finale.
    I agree Season 2 is a step up from Season 1. The only show I like more than Arrow right now is Person of Interest but Arrow has closed the gap on that this year.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Lance CHOOSES not to know, so he really doesn't count imo
    Either he knows or he doesn't. Lance may "choose "not to know. If that's the case, then he belongs in the "doesn't know" camp. I'd like to believe he has strong suspicion it's Ollie but doesn't care.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Am I the only person who thinks that since Roy is now a part of the show, it's a shame that Kelly Hu wasn't fasted as Cheshire rather than China White? (Though I'm not sure it would work, since he's with Thea in this world.) She did a great job in YJ. And also, speaking of... I would love it if we eventually get Artemis and Sportsmaster.
    Might come across as a little odd. Roy is supposed to be a teenager and as good as Kelly looks she's still 46. Then again if I was Roy, I'd take a woman who looked like Kelly over Thea any day of the week.
    Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Couldn't disagree more. The flashbacks generally do a nice job of adding extra context and depth to the modern day story threads.
    I find the flashbacks to be a serious distraction. Sure, I enjoy them from time to time. But when the present storyline is really strong, I get annoyed when we have to go back to the island.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    I assumed he pulled the grenades off of the deathstroke soldier.
    Nope. He got them from a room behind a door marked "Weapons/Ordnance."

Quote Originally Posted by Art School Dropout View Post

It was pretty much always inevitable.

I chuckled when Lance got the grenades out of the glorified Janitor's closet. It was hokey enough to remind me that I'm watching a television show.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by zhris View Post
    It depends on the conditions of his 'replacement' (which probably never should have happened in the first place; napkin contracts are rarely enforceable, and easily over-ruled). Basically, if Ollie was CEO and got voted out, he's pretty much unemployed unless they specifically designated another role for him; corporate takeovers have an inherent 'no takebacks' rule, the Board would need to vote on a new CEO. They could vote Ollie back in, but given his track record it'd be a terrible idea from a business perspective. Also, even if they did, it's not like the salary is retroactive; there's no sudden "we're rich again" moment, even with a ton of stock involved.

Basically, the business/ financial part of the show is a horrible mess, and the best way to handle it is just nod and move on.
    Yeah, I'm still trying to work out how exactly Isabel made the Queen's majority shares "practically worthless." Not only did the show not explain that well, they didn't really explain it AT ALL. It was just that one line. As for S3, Merlyn's business empire collapsed when the public found out that he was a mass-murdering lunatic. So if the truth about Isabel comes out as well, then Queen Consolidated's reputation/stock prices might go right into the toilet. No one will want to do business with them.

Season 1 was great but this season has been amazing! And yes Roy was wearing a mask and had a bow! Looks great, can't wait for next wednesday!

Astonishing Member

This season is kind of awful in my opinion. Malcom Merlyn was a pretty good villain last season, but Arrow's Slade Wilson is just a one-dimensional lunatic with no pathos. Unless you really buy the Shado crap.

Ultimate Member

Yeah sure, whatever you say. Anyway, I'm hoping that we finally get to see Ra's al Ghul himself in season 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    This season is kind of awful in my opinion. Malcom Merlyn was a pretty good villain last season, but Arrow's Slade Wilson is just a one-dimensional lunatic with no pathos. Unless you really buy the Shado crap.
    I prefer Slade to Malcolm. As much as I liked Merlyn, John Barrowman spent most of his screen time hamming it up. With regards to the 'Shado crap', it's pretty clear that it's important, but the stuff on the island is clearly showing how that one issue escalated massively. Throw in a pretty unstable Slade and I think that 'Shado crap' is hardly doing justice to what's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Yeah sure, whatever you say. Anyway, I'm hoping that we finally get to see Ra's al Ghul himself in season 3.
    I like how he's being used. The name strikes fear in to people, I think it would lose something if we actually saw the man. His illusive God-like presence is fitting for the character.

EDIT: Just now read that the Flash TV series has officially been given the green light. Can't wait.
    Last edited by Deviates; 05-08-2014 at 12:12 PM.