Page 14 of 598 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114514 ... LastLast

Thread: Arrow

Ultimate Member

I had a strange thought that the mob guy from the sub was the same actor that was on Stargate Atlantis and played Raddick, or the tech guy that Rodney was always pushing around, just older and thinner...or maybe I'm wrong.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I had a strange thought that the mob guy from the sub was the same actor that was on Stargate Atlantis and played Raddick, or the tech guy that Rodney was always pushing around, just older and thinner...or maybe I'm wrong.
    You're not wrong. Same guy.

Incredible Member

How does everyone feel about Merlyn basically getting to just waltz in and play good guy now after everything he's done?

Quote Originally Posted by Zorkel567 View Post
    I wasn't really thrilled they killed off Kate Spencer, I feel like there is more that could have been done with her.

Also, I felt Blood's death was a real waste of potential. It could have been a fantastically intruiging idea if Sebastian stayed as Mayor, and he and Oliver both had this adversarial air with one another, both knowing the secret of the other but refusing to do anything in fear of their own secret being exposed.

Also, I decided last night I'd really like next year, even though Malcolm is suppoed to be back, for there to be a villian more akin to the Joker from The Dark Knight. And by that I mean, the last two season, both Malcolm and Slade have had plans well in advance, and I'd love to see more of an anarchist villian, without a real plan, just doing whatever, but still being a big threat.

I'm also hoping we get to see Waller a lot next year, love her, and hope at least ARGUS, and maybe her, could crossover here or there with the Flash.
    I agree with you on everything but i don't mind them killing off Kate Spencer since this show is so overloaded with people and plots that we don't really need anyone else right now especially since the show is only on it's second season (!) my one big complaint about this season is that it feels like it's trying to cram too much into each episode where it's sort of like the last Batman movie where its like "ok we have to go here to see what character A is doing and over here to see how character B is handling this crisis" and it tends to take away from the main character a bit.
    I agree that i wasn't happy with them killing Blood and it would have been interesting to see him be a mayor into next season with Slade presumably out of the picture and them both knowing each others identities.

Maybe he will come back? i wouldn't put it past them at this point.

That said i wouldn't mind seeing more Anotoli (sp?) maybe just cause he reminds me of Yackoff Smirnoff and they both crack me up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    How does everyone feel about Merlyn basically getting to just waltz in and play good guy now after everything he's done?
    I don't think anyone is going to be treating him that way; more like a reluctantly ally.

I wasn't really thrilled they killed off Kate Spencer, I feel like there is more that could have been done with her.

Also, I felt Blood's death was a real waste of potential. It could have been a fantastically intruiging idea if Sebastian stayed as Mayor, and he and Oliver both had this adversarial air with one another, both knowing the secret of the other but refusing to do anything in fear of their own secret being exposed.

Also, I decided last night I'd really like next year, even though Malcolm is suppoed to be back, for there to be a villian more akin to the Joker from The Dark Knight. And by that I mean, the last two season, both Malcolm and Slade have had plans well in advance, and I'd love to see more of an anarchist villian, without a real plan, just doing whatever, but still being a big threat.

I'm also hoping we get to see Waller a lot next year, love her, and hope at least ARGUS, and maybe her, could crossover here or there with the Flash.
    That would be a gift from God

He will most likely return as a primary villain by the end of the season after Slade is defeated.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

BANNED

There go our hopes of Manhunter appearing on the show...

BANNED

He hasn't actually done anything particularly heroic, so far. He came back to save his kid, not to protect the city or take out Slade. As before, his motives are personal, selfish, and deluded (if he thought Thea was going to welcome him with open arms).

Incredible Member

I guess I was mostly thinking about the moment when Team Arrow learns Merlyn is still alive and that they are going to have to team up with him. (I have not watched the finale preview, and by the way why do so many people want to spoil the surprises for themselves?) I can just imagine Oliver going "NO!!!! I'm dealing with way too much stress already, THIS I absolutely can not take!" Talk about adding insult to injury. I wonder if it will be delved into just exactly how Merlyn has returned from the dead. There was a whole big debate on the old threads about whether he really died or not. I watched the scene a few times and I maintain that Oliver stabbed him through the heart in the Season 1 finale and that he did truly die, and that his reappearance (probably via Lazarus pit) was the first example of meta powers the show featured.

Meanwhile, I was just thinking- since the attack of the masked men on Starling City is being broadcast live on tv, IF the air strike by Argus (which is not known to the general public) was to actually take place, how in the world would it be explained as to why some military force just bombed half a million people into oblivion? Cover stories can work well to explain individual deaths but not so well with the destruction of whole cities. But of course it's highly unlikely it will happen. Defeating the bad guy but then failing to stop his master plan from succeeding after all? That's exactly how Season 1 ended.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    regarding flashbacks, if the show goes beyond five seasons they might use flashbacks from different characters, like perhaps Canary
    I would legitimately love to see Sara flashbacks, showing how she came to the League of Assassins and her time there.

BANNED

I guess I was mostly thinking about the moment when Team Arrow learns Merlyn is still alive and that they are going to have to team up with him. (I have not watched the finale preview, and by the way why do so many people want to spoil the surprises for themselves?) I can just imagine Oliver going "NO!!!! I'm dealing with way too much stress already, THIS I absolutely can not take!" Talk about adding insult to injury.
    I doubt that Ollie and Merlyn will meet each other directly, at least not until the crisis is over. Ollie and Co. are on a straight line path to confront Slade and his army head on; Merlyn's only concern is keeping Thea safe which, by definition, means avoiding Slade and his army, so they're likely to be moving in opposite directions. And since Ollie thinks Thea has already left town, he isn't likely to be looking for her. (Plus, there's a particular guest star in next week's episode that Merlyn probably isn't too keen on running into.)

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    Don't despair. They chopped Black Canary into two people as the story developed. Absolutely no reason they can't do something similar for other characters.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Meanwhile, I was just thinking- since the attack of the masked men on Starling City is being broadcast live on tv, IF the air strike by Argus (which is not known to the general public) was to actually take place, how in the world would it be explained as to why some military force just bombed half a million people into oblivion? Cover stories can work well to explain individual deaths but not so well with the destruction of whole cities. But of course it's highly unlikely it will happen. Defeating the bad guy but then failing to stop his master plan from succeeding after all? That's exactly how Season 1 ended.
    The idea that Waller can (or would) nuke Starling City because of fifty guys who can actually be stopped by conventional means (ie. grenades) is beyond ridiculous. I really hope they salvage that bit by revealing that she's just trying to push Oliver to stop Salde. I can accept she'd be that manipulative, but not that she'd kill hundreds of thousands of people on American soil.

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    The way this show likes to twist things it will turn out that Kate Spencer has a 24 year old sister named Caitlen Spencer who will not only be Laurel's new intern at the D.A.'s office but an expert gymnast/kickboxer who seeks Arrow's help in avenging her sisters death.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    The idea that Waller can (or would) nuke Starling City because of fifty guys who can actually be stopped by conventional means (ie. grenades) is beyond ridiculous. I really hope they salvage that bit by revealing that she's just trying to push Oliver to stop Salde. I can accept she'd be that manipulative, but not that she'd kill hundreds of thousands of people on American soil.
    Agreed. Maybe she could would do something like that unseen, but how is that possible when you're talking about a big city like Starling City and the eyes of the networks upon it?
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?