Page 15 of 598 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115515 ... LastLast

Thread: Arrow

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    The way this show likes to twist things it will turn out that Kate Spencer has a 24 year old sister named Caitlen Spencer who will not only be Laurel's new intern at the D.A.'s office but an expert gymnast/kickboxer who seeks Arrow's help in avenging her sisters death.
    They're really not twisting that much in regard to Laurel, though. Instead of her mother being the original Black Canary (which wouldn't work on the show since the dawn of the superheroes is now on the Arrowverse), they are going with her sister instead. The producers also (reasonably, IMO) decided not to have two Dinahs on the show, since parents rarely name their daughters after the mothers' names.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Does the general public know that Merlyn is the Dark Archer and that he was responsible for the Quake?

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by sonofspam1972 View Post
    Does the general public know that Merlyn is the Dark Archer and that he was responsible for the Quake?
    Moira's press conferences at the end of Season 1 outed Merlyn as the source of the Quake. I don't know if anyone but Ollie (and his crew) new that Merlyn was the Dark Archer. I think the general public believes Merlyn is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Moira's press conferences at the end of Season 1 outed Merlyn as the source of the Quake. I don't know if anyone but Ollie (and his crew) new that Merlyn was the Dark Archer. I think the general public believes Merlyn is dead.
    Okies thanks i have trouble remembering some of these things.

Incredible Member

I don't think the general public even knows that there was a Dark Archer. There was that time he was holding hostages and it was being covered in the media and Oliver fought him for the first time, but there were no cameras inside the building to show who the hostage taker was.

I am guessing there is more to Waller wanting to destroy Starling City than just what Slade is up to. I am betting it is part of a larger story that will be touched on in future episodes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by !Pharozonk! View Post
    He will most likely return as a primary villain by the end of the season after Slade is defeated.
    What on earth makes you think that Slade will be defeated?

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Mainly because he's been the primary threat the entire season, and his sinister plot has reached the point of no return. Either Oliver beats him or all of Starling City burns.

Ultimate Member

Well when the producers and such talk about next season Slade is not really mentioned past this season, so he either dies or is defeated and goes away for awhile, Malcolm Merlyn is the baddie again for next season.

BANNED

The way this show likes to twist things it will turn out that Kate Spencer has a 24 year old sister named Caitlen Spencer who will not only be Laurel's new intern at the D.A.'s office but an expert gymnast/kickboxer who seeks Arrow's help in avenging her sisters death.
    Like Jimmy Olsens brother Jimmy Olsen in Smallville?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    Like Jimmy Olsens brother Jimmy Olsen in Smallville?
    I really hated that.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I'd forgotten all about that.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Well ,if he isn't defeated, there won't be a city for the show to take place in anymore.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by !Pharozonk! View Post
    Well ,if he isn't defeated, there won't be a city for the show to take place in anymore.
    One could almost have said that about last season's finale.

Even though there were a lot of stories going on, I'm glad the beginning was Oliver carefully instructing Laurel how to fire his explosive arrow. It was a cool scene. Then things got crazy. Sara gaining her confidence as a hero was good, although I'm not sure it's just going to be that easy (assuming she lives to see season 3). See, all Laurel needed was a well lit area and she could recognize her sister.

As for Thea, I'm hoping she really did try to shoot and kill Merlyn but either A) He's wearing kevlar or B) She's a lousy shot. If he does convince her to take a shot at being a Meryln and not a Queen, I don't want the shift to happen quickly.

Ravager was...frightening. Has Summer Glau played a bad guy before?

Quote Originally Posted by pitbull in a skirt View Post
    I don't think so. Everyone needs a little help. Oliver himself needed Diggle and Felicity. A hero who can do everything by themselves (i.e. Batman) means less suspense left for the plot.
    Help is one thing, but relying on an entire agency full of trained professionals in another. We would've been cheated if Oliver saw ARGUS, called Waller and said "Phew, thanks Amanda! I was in over my head and didn't know what I was going to do, I'm so glad you're here and now I can rest easy." Arrow working with Lance and the police department is good, though, it sets up some obstacles and makes it believable he can take the city back. But it's going to be his plan and his call.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    Saw Blood's death coming from a mile away.
    "When this is all over, I'm going to be the best mayor this town has ever seen." Once Oliver said he should do whatever he's gotta do, I knew the Grim Reaper was coming for his soul.
    Or even earlier when Oliver admitted to him that he's the Arrow. I figured Blood wouldn't be left alive with that knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    She doesn't seem that old. Also, how is it any different than Slade and Shado? (But I am happy with him being with Thea. It was just an observation.)
    Because heaven forbid a younger man hooks up with an older woman. I think if they did intro Cheshire, though, her being closer to Roy's age would help the audience to buy it.

That said i wouldn't mind seeing more Anotoli (sp?) maybe just cause he reminds me of Yackoff Smirnoff and they both crack me up.
    In America, you kill people to save city. In Soviet Russia, city kills you.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I would legitimately love to see Sara flashbacks, showing how she came to the League of Assassins and her time there.
    Me too, and since we got an All-Diggle flashback episode this season, I could see them doing it.

...I wouldn't be against that.