Page 2 of 598 FirstFirst 1234561252102502 ... LastLast

Thread: Arrow

Retired

Why is Isabel pretty much the same as she was before? Shouldn't she be raging like all the others on Mirakuru?

All-New Member

Just finally watching the episode. Just from the start, Its a bit weird that Detective Lance and Felicity are up at the front of Moira's burial, but I can forgive that based on that it is a TV show. More thoughts to follow.

Retired

Quentin and Felicity have been to a lot of funerals and they know you gotta get there early to get the best seats. You snooze, you lose.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Why is Isabel pretty much the same as she was before? Shouldn't she be raging like all the others on Mirakuru?
    Remember, Roy was fine for several episodes after he was first injected with the Mirakuru. It seems to take a few weeks before it really starts to affect a person's mental stability. All the other guys on Mirakuru are just raging because they're violent criminals and that's kinda their thing.

Quote Originally Posted by soundjam View Post
    Just finally watching the episode. Just from the start, Its a bit weird that Detective Lance and Felicity are up at the front of Moira's burial, but I can forgive that based on that it is a TV show. More thoughts to follow.
    It's not that weird really. The Lances are old family friends according to season one - Laurel grew up with Ollie and Tommy and Quentin and Moira always obviously knew each other very well. And Felicity's basically Ollie's personal assistant these days, in the eyes of the public.
    Last edited by Kalen O.; 04-30-2014 at 11:57 PM.

No Sara/Canary last night, right?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kalen O. View Post
    Remember, Roy was fine for several episodes after he was first injected with the Mirakuru. It seems to take a few weeks before it really starts to affect a person's mental stability. All the other guys on Mirakuru are just raging because they're violent criminals and that's kinda their thing.

It's not that weird really. The Lances are old family friends according to season one - Laurel grew up with Ollie and Tommy and Quentin and Moira always obviously knew each other very well. And Felicity's basically Ollie's personal assistant these days, in the eyes of the public.
    And that's why it makes sense for the the Lance family to be there in the first place. It made good TV for Felicity to be sitting right behind Steele, but in reality they would be towards the back. Somebody as powerful as Moira in Sterling City would have a lot of people attending her funeral. Felicity was only an employee to Moira, It makes sense that she would show up, but in a real funeral/burial she would be sitting in the last row.

Yes the Lance family has connections to the Queen family, but in flash backs this season Quentin didn't show much love for the Queens even before Sara "died" and Laurel was one step away from marrying Oliver. For us it makes sense because Oliver obviously still loved Sara, but Sara isn't there and Oliver isn't there.

All I'm really saying is that while a great grieving moment, it doesn't make to much sense as far as real world goes. Not complaining because again, it was as GREAT moment, but something that only happened because this is a show.

Also, I'm stuck with buffering because of my shitty internet connection. Hopefully I'll actually get to watch the entire episode tonight.

Episode was essentially more setup. The payoff better be real big for how much they're starting to drag this through the dirt. And I keep hoping to see Malcolm Merlyn. Still a no-show though. We have two episodes left.

Member in Disguise

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    Episode was essentially more setup. The payoff better be real big for how much they're starting to drag this through the dirt. And I keep hoping to see Malcolm Merlyn. Still a no-show though. We have two episodes left.
    He's in the next episode:

Quote Originally Posted by TVGuide.com
    Episode Synopsis: Slade's soldiers attack the city; Felicity gets a call from S.T.A.R. Labs with some game-changing news; Thea comes face-to-face with her father, Malcolm Merlyn.

Original Air Date: May 7, 2014
    Guest Cast
    John Barrowman: Malcolm Merlyn
    Manu Bennett: Slade
    ...Expecting the Spanish Inquisition.

Spectacular Member

I cannot stand Laurel, more specifically the actress. Hope the rumors of the rest of the cast and crew hating her and her diva ways is true and Laurel is written out.

Glad to see Walter back.

Fantastic Member butterfingers158's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    No Sara/Canary last night, right?
    Flashbacks only

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tandaemonium View Post
    I cannot stand Laurel, more specifically the actress. Hope the rumors of the rest of the cast and crew hating her and her diva ways is true and Laurel is written out.
    The character does nothing for me either. My biggest fear for the show is that Sara dies and Laurel decides to become Black Canary in her memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Slade seems to have learnt how to control his temper during the last five years. Maybe he has given Isabel a crash course, since he seems to care about her.

Also, I love how even Ollie doesn't give a crap anymore about revealing his secret identity

I love Laurel. Mostly for the eye candy though. Hottest girl on the show.

And what rumors of the rest of the cast hating her? I'm really curious what context that is about.

Quote Originally Posted by butterfingers158 View Post
    Flashbacks only
    Cool. No need to watch then!