which Im fine with

make Ollie a short order cook at that burger joint

can he cook?

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    gone or peripheral

which Im fine with

make Ollie a short order cook at that burger joint

can he cook?
    He's something of a grillmaster. They didn't show it on-screen, but back on the island, he used to grill burgers for the prisoners on the Amazo. They called him the Burger Queen.

(Ba-dum-TISH.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    He's something of a grillmaster. They didn't show it on-screen, but back on the island, he used to grill burgers for the prisoners on the Amazo. They called him the Burger Queen.

(Ba-dum-TISH.)
    nice...he's here all week folks

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post

(Ba-dum-TISH.)

"My name is Oliver Queen. After five years working behind a grill, I have only one goal: to become a Wendy's manager. But to do so, I can't be the hamburger flipper I once was. To honor my parents' friend Dave Thomas' memory, I must be someone else. I must be... something else."
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Arrow didn't really take long to find itself. I was hooked by the 4th episode
    I was hooked by the first! That's the great thing about Arrow. They really don't let up. It's all about moving the story forward. It's an entirely different approach than Agents of SHIELD, where they counted on audiences tuning in for the Coulson mystery even when the show was moving at a snail's pace. Things picked up later and AoS got really good, but not before they'd already lost a decent chunk of their audience. Arrow, by contrast, never wastes an opportunity to grab and keep your attention.

New Flash trailer is up! Looks pretty damn great! Ollie makes a cameo. Seems like he's responsible for 'The Flash' name.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post

"My name is Oliver Queen. After five years working behind a grill, I have only one goal: to become a Wendy's manager. But to do so, I can't be the hamburger flipper I once was. To honor my parents' friend Dave Thomas' memory, I must be someone else. I must be... something else."
    hahaha awesome

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    I was hooked by the first! That's the great thing about Arrow. They really don't let up. It's all about moving the story forward. It's an entirely different approach than Agents of SHIELD, where they counted on audiences tuning in for the Coulson mystery even when the show was moving at a snail's pace. Things picked up later and AoS got really good, but not before they'd already lost a decent chunk of their audience. Arrow, by contrast, never wastes an opportunity to grab and keep your attention.
    In principle I agree with this, but for me that's exactly the problem. I've mentioned it before, but nothing's happened on the show to change my opinion - Arrow is a show entirely defined by single 'events'. For all the praise she show gets, I never seem to find anyone talking about the show's dialogue or the performances or the direction or even the writing in general. It's always about "that thing that happened" rather than ever being about the show as a whole.

The reaction to last night's finale encompassed my opinion perfectly, with the general opinion I've seen, be it here or reviews elsewhere (on sites that almost always give the show hugely favourable reviews), that last night was solid but slightly underwhelming - exactly because it didn't have one of those 'OMG' moments that the show seems to define itself by.

I'm not saying there's not an audience for that sort of TV. Clearly there is. But for me, Arrow remains... Not quite style over substance, cos it doesn't have much of the former either. I guess, considering the show's core fanbase, a better description for Arrow would be squee over substance.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post

New Flash trailer is up! Looks pretty damn great! Ollie makes a cameo. Seems like he's responsible for 'The Flash' name.
    Oh hell yes this looks freaking awesome. This better get shown in the UK.

King of the Dragons Mister Ferro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Arrow didn't find its feet until a couple of episodes into season 2, and then lost them again the last half of season 2. AoS became interesting and engaging about halfway through season 1 and so far has stayed that way.
    Again that's your opinion. The general consensus however tells a different story.

Arrow S1 started off good with the first 6 episodes but ep 7 & 8 were very weak. However Arrow turned up the awesomeness with ep 9(midseason finale) and it keep firing from there.

Arrow S2 started off great and never let up.

(My opinion)

AoS on the other hand had a bad pilot and was bad until from what I hear ep 16.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    In principle I agree with this, but for me that's exactly the problem. I've mentioned it before, but nothing's happened on the show to change my opinion - Arrow is a show entirely defined by single 'events'. For all the praise she show gets, I never seem to find anyone talking about the show's dialogue or the performances or the direction or even the writing in general. It's always about "that thing that happened" rather than ever being about the show as a whole.

The reaction to last night's finale encompassed my opinion perfectly, with the general opinion I've seen, be it here or reviews elsewhere (on sites that almost always give the show hugely favourable reviews), that last night was solid but slightly underwhelming - exactly because it didn't have one of those 'OMG' moments that the show seems to define itself by.

I'm not saying there's not an audience for that sort of TV. Clearly there is. But for me, Arrow remains... Not quite style over substance, cos it doesn't have much of the former either. I guess, considering the show's core fanbase, a better description for Arrow would be squee over substance.
    You don't think Arrow is stylish? I'd point you to the way they intercut Ollie and Slade fighting on the Amazo with the present day. Whether you feel invested in the result or not, you've got to admit that was very well done. I can only imagine how much sleep people lost making that look as good as it did.

As far as substance goes, you've got an impressive arc that follows Oliver's transition from vigitante to hero, among many others.

BANNED

Next season , when another bad guy threaten to bring the whole city down again , Oliver should just give a call to barry - voila instant cleanup , no sweat of the city getting destroyed again.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

I'm wondering if S.T.A.R. Labs will use their sample of Slade's blood / reverse engineered cure to create Miraclo and we'll eventually see Hourman. Is CW still developing a live action Hourman series?
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Art School Dropout View Post
    I'm wondering if S.T.A.R. Labs will use their sample of Slade's blood / reverse engineered cure to create Miraclo and we'll eventually see Hourman. Is CW still developing a live action Hourman series?
    Nope...but there was talk of doing something on the CW website

John Barrowman has been upgraded to series regular next season.