Page 25 of 598 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125525 ... LastLast

Thread: Arrow

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    John Barrowman has been upgraded to series regular next season.
    Cool. He's a really good actor.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    John Barrowman has been upgraded to series regular next season.
    That's cool. I'm interested to see how his relationship with Thea develops.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Member in Disguise

Awesome to see Merlyn become a regular, he's grown on me a lot ("You shot me! I couldn't be more proud...")

At first I saw 'no more island flashbacks' and i was like, YAAAAY
    Then I saw 'now it's Hong Kong flashnacks' and i was like, NOO
    ...Expecting the Spanish Inquisition.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Not to mention give her a bunch of training to be a decent fighter as she's no where near the level that Sarah or Ollie is. As for her being annoying, well she was less annoying after she accepted she had a drink problem and did improve after that so I'll give her character that.

Hope Sara sticks around to help out with that. Fingers crossed anyway.

As for Thea, I was thinking maybe Speedy since Ollie called her Speedy in the first season? But I'd be okay with Cheshire too.

Loved the finale. I'll miss Detective Lance but great season two, hope season 3 is good.
    I agree we will probably get Cheshire in Hong Kong for Season 3.

Speaking of which, I suspect the mother of Ollie's baby will be back as will the now 7 year old child him or herself. Place your bets: will Ollie's kid be Connor Hawke? Or Lian?

Given that Thea used to win awards for archery in her youth and that she's joined her father, Malcolm Merlyn, I think Thea will eventually confront Ollie and Roy as this DCU character...

Artemis VS Arrow and Arsenal
    (and it fits that originally Artemis was the daughter of a criminal so Thea Queen being the new Artemis seems like an awfully safe bet)

Quote Originally Posted by zhris View Post
    Awesome to see Merlyn become a regular, he's grown on me a lot ("You shot me! I couldn't be more proud...")

At first I saw 'no more island flashbacks' and i was like, YAAAAY
    Then I saw 'now it's Hong Kong flashnacks' and i was like, NOO
    There is never not going to be flash backs. It's just not reasonable to expect that.

I found it funny that Detective Lance and Laurel were saying goodbye to Sara as if she was just moving to Coast City and not re-joining a mercenary assassins cult.

Not thrilled about the propect of Laurel becoming the new Black Canary, but I guess it was meant to be. I just like Caity Lotz so much better.

BTW, Stephen Amell confirmed John Barrowman as a series regular for Season 3, so we'll be seeing much more of Malcolm Merlyn moving forward. Will be interesting to see where his influnce leads Thea.

Boisterously Confused

Just getting around to it (thank you Hulu). Over all (IMO) not bad.

IMO, Good: Speedy has the guts to put a hole in jerk-papa. And then an understandable reason why she returns to him is given to us. She wants to get tough enough that nobody can ever hurt her again, and she figures he can show her how.

IMO, Bad: I did want to just slap Roy. Just come clean with Speedy. The way that went down undermined the whole you-just-might-get-killed-out-of-what's-coming-next-ness of the whole scene.

IMO, Good: OH NO! NOT DET. LANCE! It actually hurt me what was happening to him. A good mortal taking one more step in the fight than he could handle. More heroic to me than anything Green Arrow or his allies did.

IMO, Good: Suicide Squad is never bad. The way they were played, participating without having to have a super-rescuing role, worked for me.

IMO, Bad: The whole ARGUS thing (even though it let me have the SS moment). Basically, they were there to do nothing but artificially inflate tension (unless they're trying to soft float a build toward a pilot, in which case I forgive all).

IMO, Bad: Sara's exit and giving the jacket to Laurel. I puked a little bit in my mouth. It was emotionally shallow and if the jacket was intended as foreshadowing, all it did was make me roll my eyes.

IMO, The Best: Ollie's sneaky move with Felicity in the mansion! I couldn't decide if I was annoyed at them generating another teen-drama-romance issue, glad that Ollie was shipping with my personal fave from the series, or bracing myself for her decapitation. Even though I way prefer FS to LL, the way it was played made Green Arrow look smart, and played to the emotional set up that Arrow has established from Day 1.

IMO, The Worst: Felicity was hung out for bait. There should be some real issues related to that that simply weren't there in the last scene on the Island.

BANNED

IMO, The Best: Ollie's sneaky move with Felicity in the mansion! I couldn't decide if I was annoyed at them generating another teen-drama-romance issue, glad that Ollie was shipping with my personal fave from the series, or bracing myself for her decapitation. Even though I way prefer FS to LL, the way it was played made Green Arrow look smart, and played to the emotional set up that Arrow has established from Day 1.
    this is a CW show...it should be expected by now on any show on this network

Melodrama is their currency

IMO, The Worst: Felicity was hung out for bait. There should be some real issues related to that that simply weren't there in the last scene on the Island.
    she understands that Oliver did what needed to be done and she said no matter what it takes, hell she told him to make Slade outthink him

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Yeah I think I'm done with this show. Or I dunno, we'll see. I feel like they're stretching Oliver's island story too far now, I mean he's off the island and works for ARGUS now?
    It's really a very minor reason to drop a show since we have known near the beginning of the first season that he he spent time off the island during the five years.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    It's really a very minor reason to drop a show since we have known near the beginning of the first season that he he spent time off the island during the five years.
    Agreed. I wouldn't be surprised if the show doesn't divide its time between the two settings. In the show finale down the road, we can see younger Ollie get put back on the island, where he gets rescued a beard later. Or to be funny, maybe he already grew the beard, and gets rescued after like a week

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    this is a CW show...it should be expected by now on any show on this network

Melodrama is their currency
    You miss my point. The fact that they had all that going on in me is a good thing. Even though I'm prepared for them to be teen-girl-emotionally over the top, I wasn't sure were this was going, which flavor or drama I was about to get. It was actually dramatic.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    she understands that Oliver did what needed to be done and she said no matter what it takes, hell she told him to make Slade outthink him
    He played on her feelings for him in order to lure Deathstroke, and counted on her to figure it out. If she had been angry at him, or if he'd been completely oblivious to what he'd done, it would have worked better (IMO). As it was, Felicity came off looking like she had no respect for herself as long as she gets to gaze into Ollie's eyes periodically.

Incredible Member

He played on her feelings for him in order to lure Deathstroke, and counted on her to figure it out. If she had been angry at him, or if he'd been completely oblivious to what he'd done, it would have worked better (IMO). As it was, Felicity came off looking like she had no respect for herself as long as she gets to gaze into Ollie's eyes periodically.
    Now who's being melodramatic? He didn't warn her ahead of time because he wanted her reactions to be genuine. Slade's not a moron, and Felicity's proven in the past she's not a great actor, her nerves get the best of her. Any hint that Felicity was reading off a script and Slade would have been on to them. Ollie trusted that she'd be able to figure it out once he gave her the clue at the end, and she did. That's not a lack of self-respect, that's having priorities and not making her feelings more important than taking down Slade once and for all. She understands why he did what he did and she's fine with it because she saw the bigger picture.

Mighty Member

For a minute I thought the episode was going to end with Amanda Waller recruiting Slade in her Suicide Squad like what happened at the end of the Arkham Orgins game.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Also, Amanda Waller will probably be a major character in season 3.
    I'm guessing she'll show up on the 10th episode of the Flash also in some storyline.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    Agreed. I wouldn't be surprised if the show doesn't divide its time between the two settings. In the show finale down the road, we can see younger Ollie get put back on the island, where he gets rescued a beard later. Or to be funny, maybe he already grew the beard, and gets rescued after like a week
    Yeah I am guessing he is not going to spend much time on the island after the second drop off.

Still more Merlyn and Waller sounds good.