Page 324 of 598 FirstFirst ... 224274314320321322323324325326327328334374424 ... LastLast
Results 4,846 to 4,860 of 8959

Thread: Arrow

Ultimate Member

Nope, remember it's only a possible future...unless I'm mistaken...

I'm trying to figure out how the Flash/Arrow timeline has been matching up. I know this is such a small detail, but on Flash, Barry said that Felicity hasn't been returning his calls. I guess that was probably since her injury/surgery? I'm not sure why she'd be avoiding him since talking down her inner darkness, taking down her father, and becoming Overwatch gave her new confidence. And now Felicity is casually contacting him? Hmm.

Vixen transitioned super well into live action, though! Her hair was a bit long, but everything else worked.

Glad Thea and Malcolm had that argument. Wow, Malcolm is such an ass. Not even answering her completely true accusation. To be fair to Malcolm, he is kind of right in regards to training Thea. It was a good thing he taught her what she knows, she's a lot more capable of surviving the violence that constantly surrounds her family and her city. His fast road was probably more efficient than any kind of training Team Arrow would've given her.

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    I guess we'll never find out why Constantine is in hell.
    His show is metaphorically in hell.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    But good lord is Felicity awful. I should be clear, I'm talking about the character, not the actress. Emily Bett Rickards does a good job with what she's given, but what she's given is a terrible character. "Oliver's son has been kidnapped by Darkh, so how do I make that all about me?!"

In season one and two, Felicity added to the scenes she was in. She was fun, and her occasional moments of airheadedness made for fun comic breaks. Now she just drags this show down soooo hard. It's telling that I can be super into an episode, like I was for most of this one, and then go back and realize that every single scene I didn't enjoy, every creative choice I felt didn't work, all of them are because of Felicity. And that's been true for months. If they're going to keep this character front and center, I think I'm out.
    To be fair to Felicity, she didn't bring all that onto Oliver until after William was saved. Although yes, her character has become less and less fun these past two seasons. I did enjoy her "I'm going to say something I've never said before...Huh?" line. She angered herself into mobility? Wow. Well, at least give her a cane for the next few episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    No chance for further father-son bonding between Oliver and William for eight years? That's harsh. Unless Samantha decides to go against the plan, that is.
    That really is harsh! He'll be asking who his father is soon enough, and when William becomes a teenager, he's going to be PISSED when it's obvious Samantha knows and isn't telling and won't tell until he's practically off to college. Samantha and Oliver should've agreed to release the tape when William starts asking persistently and demonstrated a level of maturity.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    The one thing that bothered me the most next to Felicity's crap is that Damien didnt care when his totem was taken.
    He should've stop screwing around and head straight for it. He knew that Vixen had magic so it's weird that he just mentioned a joke and that's pretty much it.
    My explanation for that was Darhk knew his totem was pretty much indestructible and it would've been if it weren't for Mari's magic interfering with it. He had already demonstrated the ability to overpower her magic with his, so he wasn't worried. A mix of knowledge about his power source and overconfidence.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Darn good episode until the last scene.
    Really went over the top on that. This show needs less drama, allow the characters breath a bit before introducing the next personal crisis.
    Love the live-action introduction of Vixen. Good representive use of her powers.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnusRex View Post
    So I'm guessing tonight's episode Legends of Tomorrow takes Diggle out of the grave discussion.
    Thats what i was thinking. Which is fine him and Oliver are the only ones id really care if they died.

wren369

Is anyone else getting a "I could assassinate Boston Brand" kind of feel from Merlin's lack of hand and the show's mystical focus?

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I'm trying to figure out how the Flash/Arrow timeline has been matching up. I know this is such a small detail, but on Flash, Barry said that Felicity hasn't been returning his calls. I guess that was probably since her injury/surgery? I'm not sure why she'd be avoiding him since talking down her inner darkness, taking down her father, and becoming Overwatch gave her new confidence. And now Felicity is casually contacting him? Hmm.
    I assumed that between being Overwatch, planning the wedding, attending physical therapy, helping Oliver with his campaign, and still running her own company that she just didn't have the time to get back to Barry, but this situation gave her a good excuse to immediately contact him.

Glad Thea and Malcolm had that argument. Wow, Malcolm is such an ass. Not even answering her completely true accusation. To be fair to Malcolm, he is kind of right in regards to training Thea. It was a good thing he taught her what she knows, she's a lot more capable of surviving the violence that constantly surrounds her family and her city. His fast road was probably more efficient than any kind of training Team Arrow would've given her.
    I don't recall the exact specifics time wise, but weren't Thea and Roy trained for around the same amount of time?

Though Roy got a bit of a head start since Oliver started training him midway through season 2, even if Roy didn't take to his training at first. But I assume a lot of the in-depth training for Roy only came after Thea left and Roy had nothing to focus on but Ollie and Team Arrow, which would've been around when Merlyn started training Thea anyways.

In terms of who would've been more efficient and effective a teacher, it's kind of hard to tell given we never saw Roy fight Thea in season 3 (when they were both in their prime so to speak) so we don't really have a direct way of comparing or contrasting someone trained by Oliver vs. someone trained by Merlyn, but I think you could say Merlyn was more efficient in that he was teaching Thea how to fight and kill without showing any mercy to your opponent, while Roy was obviously trained to fight non-lethally.

You could even say that, in a way, Merlyn's training helped Thea with her bloodlust because it made it easier for her to kill because she'd been trained in more lethal takedowns.

Though Merlyn was also probably the more efficient teacher because Oliver would never have trained Thea, even if she'd asked him to. Just look at how resistant he was to training Laurel, and in the end Nyssa had to do most of the work training her once Ted was sent to the hospital.

That really is harsh! He'll be asking who his father is soon enough, and when William becomes a teenager, he's going to be PISSED when it's obvious Samantha knows and isn't telling and won't tell until he's practically off to college. Samantha and Oliver should've agreed to release the tape when William starts asking persistently and demonstrated a level of maturity.
    In that regard, he's won't be that different from Wally.

My explanation for that was Darhk knew his totem was pretty much indestructible and it would've been if it weren't for Mari's magic interfering with it. He had already demonstrated the ability to overpower her magic with his, so he wasn't worried. A mix of knowledge about his power source and overconfidence.
    Also the fact that it took a lot of effort, and animal spirits, on Mari's part to break it was likely a good sign of how tough that totem was and why Darhk wasn't too worried about it.
    Last edited by Frontier; 02-26-2016 at 12:13 PM.

Felicity getting up after the fight left me in stitches. The only thing funnier than that was the motorcycle jumping over Ruve's limo, and their shock that she noticed.

Also, I really want Thea to tell Malcolm "You're not my father, Robert Queen is/was", which is technically true, but he'd probably implode in on himself....and that would be great because his character is beyond annoying at this point.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    Also, I really want Thea to tell Malcolm "You're not my father, Robert Queen is/was", which is technically true, but he'd probably implode in on himself....and that would be great because his character is beyond annoying at this point.
    Malcom would have then said, "I will now have to kill you, Thea, so that I can save you and the world." Or something like that.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

This season is soooo much better then 3, but my God Malcom is doing my head in, wish they just kill him off or write him off and keep him written off.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Incredible Member

So, I only skimmed and didn't see it mentioned, but has anybody else been reading Arrow: Vengeance? It's a tie-in novel that came out this past Tuesday, and as far as I can tell, is consider canon similar to the Arrow Season 2.5 comics and the current Malcolm Merlyn comic series.

It's broken down into four parts. Deathstroke, Rochev, Blood, and Revenge. I've only read through the first part so far, but it deals with how Slade got off the island and what he was up to between his getting off the island and the news cast revealing Oliver survived the island. I would definitely recommend it. It has answered some questions from the show, such as the Deathstroke mask with an arrow through the eye from the Pilot; what happened to Slade's son and his ex-wife; and how Slade got ahold of videos and images of Shado that he used to taunt Oliver in Season 2. Captain Boomerang makes appearances too, since he worked for ASIS like Slade.

I'm assuming the next two parts deal with how Isabel Rochev and Sebastian Blood get involved with Slade's revenge scheme, while it seems (disappointingly) that the fourth part is at least a partial retelling of Season 2. Hopefully there will be enough new information to make it interesting.

My only real issue is it's time of release. It seems like it would have been better served coming out during the hiatus between Season 2 and 3, or maybe near the airdate of Slade's Season 3 episode (I think it was originally scheduled near then), rather than randomly during Season 4. I fear casual Arrow viewers may see it, flip through it, and either not remember who Rochev and Blood are, or just not care about them anymore.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    I'm pretty sure she's already said that (or something like it) to him, back when Slade's mirakuru army was rampaging during the streets and Merlyn showed up to "save" Thea. I think it was right before she picked up a gun and tried to shoot him.

Mighty Member

Felicity looked gorgeous in her wedding dress.

BANNED

don't let the door hit you on the way out, Smoak

Crazy bitch this week, crazy bitch next week, enough with the crazy bitches
    And Star City has different laws about preliminary hearings than the rest of the country.
    The Judge just needed to look at the Prosecutors discovery.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    I'm pretty sure she's already said that (or something like it) to him, back when Slade's mirakuru army was rampaging during the streets and Merlyn showed up to "save" Thea. I think it was right before she picked up a gun and tried to shoot him.
    Actually, she DID shoot him. Which just made him proud.

I have to get this off of my chest. Now, I haven't seen tonight's episode; I won't be able to see it until tomorrow morning. And it could very well be a very good episode. But in the blurb released today where the producer calls Cupid a 'Beloved Character', I just want to slap her. Cupid is not now, nor has she ever been, nor will she EVER BE a beloved character. She was a crap character in the comics, she is a crap character on the show, and the fact that they just used her because they needed to delve into the breakup annoys the crap out of me.

That's my piece on Cupid, and here is my piece on the rest- Oliver was an idiot for keeping the truth about his son from Felicity. I agree with that 100% And Felicity has every right to be pissed off about it. That being said, when everyone, INCLUDING THE WOMAN WHO FORCED OLIVER TO KEEP WILLIAM A SECRET tells Felicity it's not Oliver's fault and that she shouldn't blame him, then it's time for couple's counseling, not a complete break-up. And if she was going to break up completely with him, did she honestly think she could just go back to working with the team and there wouldn't be drama? Did she not think that, while the others would be sympathetic towards her, at least Thea and probably Diggle would stand more behind Oliver in this because he did what he did to protect his son?

I like Olicity. I like seeing the two together. And I like the idea of them eventually getting married. And I wouldn't mind a break-up, if it was done WELL. But this hasn't been done well. It's been rushed and nonsensicle and has had logic gaps longer than the ravine the Flash tried to jump this week. I think this is why I think that The Flash is the best show on TV right now- while it does have some relationship subplots, those subplots don't take over the whole show. Also, I agree with edhopper. Enough with the crazy bitches; let's get back to the real story.