Page 330 of 598 FirstFirst ... 230280320326327328329330331332333334340380430 ... LastLast
Results 4,936 to 4,950 of 8959

Thread: Arrow

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    I just don't buy it on this show where death means as little as it does in a comic book (regardless of what the showrunners say). One way or another, Katie Cassidy will be playing some version of Laurel on the show full time in the near future.
    Yeah, that's a given. She'll be back in some form.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

When I noticed the article about the other two roles, I cracked a "On No! She's about to get Han Soloed!" joke to myself. Actually a bit surprised that they went through with it.

That said, it would be a drag if this was actually it for her on the show.

In addition, Oliver better be watching out for Nyssa. He's only getting so many of these before she finally just kills him.

I wasn't a fan of it at all and I kept waiting for a WTF swerve because Diggle seemed like the obvious choice to me to end up in the grave. So for the set up, I have to give them some credit for making it seem like Diggle was breaking with Team Arrow. But with the Earth 2 stuff, we haven't lost Laurel forever.

Astonishing Member

I don't mind that BC bit the dust. Didn't like her as a character. However, my main pet peeve was fight incompetence.

1. Laurel just stands there and gets stabbed. Was she mind controlled? No scream, no fighting?
    2. Before Darkh powers up - Team Arrow does not show the training they should have and exists in the real world.
    a. While Darkh is counting you shoot him. Duh, folks train for this all the time. It's called the reactionary gap. You can even draw your gun against one pointed at you and shoot the opponent while that person is blabbing. Ollie should know and be able to do this.
    b. Speedy - two off center body shots - give me a break. Trained folks would have hit COM and then fired into the head. They would continue until the target is truly down and out. Then you close in for a coup de grace.

I hate incompetent fighters. I see this all the time on the tube. I also saw that the arrows only penetrated a small amount. Speedy - carry a side arm?

Did they get the idol at a rummage sale? It looks like something from a 3rd grade art project.

Here's what you do when you engage. Two shots to COM and follow to the head. Continue firing if the opponent shows any sign of life. Laurel could have died but make it a better fight.

The Japanese figured out that firearms beat medieval weapons a long time ago.

Sarah - wonder how she will take it. A side trip to kill Malcom and Darkh with her time. They have all the time in the world to do it.
    Last edited by Captain Smith; 04-07-2016 at 07:09 AM.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    I don't mind that BC bit the dust. Didn't like her as a character. However, my main pet peeve was fight incompetence.

1. Laurel just stands there and gets stabbed. Was she mind controlled? No scream, no fighting?
    2. Before Darkh powers up - Team Arrow does not show the training they should have and exists in the real world.
    a. While Darkh is counting you shoot him. Duh, folks train for this all the time. It's called the reactionary gap. You can even draw your gun against one pointed at you and shoot the opponent while that person is blabbing. Ollie should know and be able to do this.
    b. Speedy - two off center body shots - give me a break. Trained folks would have hit COM and then fired into the head. They would continue until the target is truly down and out. Then you close in for a coup de grace.

I hate incompetent fighters. I see this all the time on the tube. I also saw that the arrows only penetrated a small amount. Speedy - carry a side arm?

Did they get the idol at a rummage sale? It looks like something from a 3rd grade art project.

Here's what you do when you engage. Two shots to COM and follow to the head. Continue firing if the opponent shows any sign of life. Laurel could have died but make it a better fight.

Sarah - wonder how she will take it. A side trip to kill Malcom and Darkh with her time. They have all the time in the world to do it.
    They were all being force choked when she got stabbed, so no way for her to move to avoid it.

And yeah, that idol is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar from their propmaker's best work.

I am torn.
    Now don't get me wrong I have wanted Laurel off the show forever. Do I hold any illwill towards Cassidy as a person? Nah. I don't think she's a good actress. Not that she has had much good to work with on the show.
    But after experiencing Felicity since season three, I would have loved it if she was in the ground. And Laurel's last words are to ship Olicity? Seriously? That to me felt like as much of F.U. from the writers to people watching as the episode where Laurel is arguing with her father and she talked about the road she was on was always leading her toward the BC mask. It was like an F.U. to those of us who prefer Sara as the one tru Canary. I know I still see her that way.

Depending on the writers and how they handle it, I think a guilt-ridden Diggle could give Ramsey some great scenes and great places to go. Not all drama has to revolve around pining for some lost/unrequited love crap.

Astonishing Member

They were all being force choked when she got stabbed, so no way for her to move to avoid it.
    Not at the arrow aimed at Damien's head scene. Speedy's crappy shooting wasn't forced choked yet. Those were the major flaws in the fight.

Why do heroes continuously give up their weapons when they have the advantage and leave themselves vulnerable to the villains.
    Ollie could have easily put one in Dark's eye from that range. Their foolish surrender cost laurel her life.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    The fact that she thought of Ollie as the love pf her life wasn't sad. The fact that Ollie probably knew that but still treated her like crap and slept with her sister (and god knows how many other women) when they were together is sad, but it's more sad for Ollie and what it says about him as a person.
    Are we going to judge present Ollie for things he did 8 years ago? He's grown since then and suffered a lot to make the changes he's made. We know he wasn't a sterling character before his time on the Island. Give the guy a break.

Sandy Hausler

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    I found that cut-a-way real odd. You would think as soon as Oliver saw Laurel struggling to breath he would press the 'nurses' button or run to the door and shout out for a doctor or nurse. I'd almost expect a fake-out to protect Laurel (and Quentin) since Laurel most likely got outed as being Black Canary but Oliver letting Quentin collapse on the floor after realizing what happened instead of rushing him to a room and telling him she's faking her death seems too cruel. Especially after Quentin's reaction to Sarah's death and his heart condition.
    Doesn't this pretty much out all of them? I mean, connect the dots.

Sandy Hausler

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Are we going to judge present Ollie, but things he did 8 years ago? He's grown since then and suffered a lot to make the changes he's made. Give the guy a break.
    I wasn't "judg(ing) present Ollie," which is why I specifically only noted things in the past. That being said . . . Ollie himself straight up said in this episode that even he didn't really think he was truly capable of really changing as a person.
    Last edited by kalorama; 04-07-2016 at 08:56 AM.

I wasn't "judg(ing) present Ollie," which is why I specifically only noted things in the past. That being said . . . Ollie himself straight up said in this episode that even he didn't really think he was truly capable of really changing as a person.
    In part because his ex-girlfriend, who convinced him he could change and who inspired him to really start trying to be a different, better, person, told him he never could and left the team even after he poured his heart out to her and all the effort he had made up to this point.

All from one lie he was forced into by the mother of his child, a child he had to send away for his protection.

True, but we know that's not true. He's a hero now, and he wasn't anything resembling it eight years ago.

Sandy Hausler

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    I found that cut-a-way real odd. You would think as soon as Oliver saw Laurel struggling to breath he would press the 'nurses' button or run to the door and shout out for a doctor or nurse. I'd almost expect a fake-out to protect Laurel (and Quentin) since Laurel most likely got outed as being Black Canary but Oliver letting Quentin collapse on the floor after realizing what happened instead of rushing him to a room and telling him she's faking her death seems too cruel. Especially after Quentin's reaction to Sarah's death and his heart condition.
    Remember the compartmentalize discussion he just had?

The firs thing to worry about is who knows what. That's the most important.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    True, but we know that's not true. He's a hero now, and he wasn't anything resembling it eight years ago.
    He's also a liar and a hypocrite who keeps the people who are supposed to be close to him at arm's length, which is pretty much what he was 8 years ago as well. It just manifests itself differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post

Even better idea: Two Shots To Center Of Mass With Exploding Arrows.

But yeah, they might have all survived if Thea had just kept shooting with her arrows while she had the element of surprise. Or if Oliver had at least tried shooting the gun out of Darhk's hand. He did it all the time in the early seasons.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.