Page 387 of 598 FirstFirst ... 287337377383384385386387388389390391397437487 ... LastLast
Results 5,791 to 5,805 of 8959

Thread: Arrow

This may have been the first episode in which I was more interested in the flashback segments.

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    This may have been the first episode in which I was more interested in the flashback segments.
    I don't think anyone's said that since season 2, if at all .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think anyone's said that since season 2, if at all .
    I guess for me it would be from the pilot to Deathstroke losing his eye. After that, it's all been "meh." Though it was cool seeing Dolph Lundren I must admit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Sara has a lot more personality on LEGENDS. I have to confess, I wasn't that impressed with her when she first appeared on ARROW, but now she's one of my favourite characters.
    Likewise, actually. These shows have had me like characters then drastically dislike them, but not the other way around until the birth of White Canary. It's quite miraculous honestly.

Talia's intro has me cautiously optimistic, but there where two things that were off-putting to me. For one thing, I don't know how many times I have to hear how much of a monster Oliver has become, past or present. Second, I feel like we had his first dawning of the suit with bow and arrow already? Did we not?

I feel like we have. His whole 'you're gonna take them on with just a bow' bit seemed off.

I'm cautiously optimistic too. Adding Talia could be interesting, or we could be about to retread old ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Sain View Post
    Likewise, actually. These shows have had me like characters then drastically dislike them, but not the other way around until the birth of White Canary. It's quite miraculous honestly.

Talia's intro has me cautiously optimistic, but there where two things that were off-putting to me. For one thing, I don't know how many times I have to hear how much of a monster Oliver has become, past or present. Second, I feel like we had his first dawning of the suit with bow and arrow already? Did we not?
    First episode of Season 4 had the flashback of him in Hub City wearing the hood and trying to beat up a criminal (and failing), but that was shunted aside almost immediately when Waller sent him back to Lian Yu. He only wore the hood, though. And I'm not sure he had a bow and arrow.

I'm pretty sure he also wore the bow and hood when he, Slade, and Sara tried to take the Amazo.

Astonishing Member

I think the point of the scene isn't the costume or the weapons as much as it was having Oliver start to separate his actions as "the Hood" from his actions as Oliver. Something similar to Batman being "a symbol" rather than "a man" in Batman Begins. All the prior times Oliver operated it was as a man wearing a hood rather than as an embodiment of Oliver's dark side.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I'm looking forward to the Music Meister on THE FLASH, but it makes me a little sad to know we'll never get the Black Canary/Green Arrow duet.

One of my absolute favorite episodes of Batman: The Brave and The Bold--and that would indeed be awesome.

Maybe we can hold out hope for the future?

Ultimate Member

The name thing, was really really contrived, and groan-inducing. And given how poorly they've handled their female characters in the past (and present actually), I'm not exactly optimistic about this new one.

Talia is potentially intriguing though. And Oliver, enough with the "no killing" nonsense, because even you still do to (remember when you flat-out executed Damian Darhk last season)?

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    The name thing, was really really contrived, and groan-inducing. And given how poorly they've handled their female characters in the past (and present actually), I'm not exactly optimistic about this new one.

Talia is potentially intriguing though. And Oliver, enough with the "no killing" nonsense, because even you still do to (remember when you flat-out executed Damian Darhk last season)?
    I'm really over the killing at this point. Its too casual. BC went on an Archer style RAMPAGE dropping bodies left and right and then says ok now I want to help people. There's no accountability for anything if you have to put on a mask and its all good now.

I feel like we have. His whole 'you're gonna take them on with just a bow' bit seemed off.

I'm cautiously optimistic too. Adding Talia could be interesting, or we could be about to retread old ground.
    Right? This isn't the first time this show has doubled on a visual message, thus making me feel deja vus.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    First episode of Season 4 had the flashback of him in Hub City wearing the hood and trying to beat up a criminal (and failing), but that was shunted aside almost immediately when Waller sent him back to Lian Yu. He only wore the hood, though. And I'm not sure he had a bow and arrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm pretty sure he also wore the bow and hood when he, Slade, and Sara tried to take the Amazo.
    Yes, ok. These scenarios are now vague in my mind, but they're somewhat coming back to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    I think the point of the scene isn't the costume or the weapons as much as it was having Oliver start to separate his actions as "the Hood" from his actions as Oliver. Something similar to Batman being "a symbol" rather than "a man" in Batman Begins. All the prior times Oliver operated it was as a man wearing a hood rather than as an embodiment of Oliver's dark side.
    I believe you are correct, but I feel like we've have had such scenes of emphasis and symbolism before, minus the pre-game speech of monster separation. Therefore it couldn't it have been implied that, that is what he was doing in the past? Giving the "monster" a hood? If that makes sense.

I'm SHOCKED that no one mentioned that the Hebrew word for something that is fated is b'SHERT, with the accent on the second syllable, not BASH-ert, the way Rory pronounced it. As an observant Jew, I sort of like Rory slipping in a little of his cultural flavor, but most of the time it's so ham-fisted (not the best word for a Jewish character) that it feels kind of random. Nowadays, his only reason for being on the show is to drop a Hebrew or Yiddish word into the script. (Last week it was dybbuk, which I think he also mispronounced.) It's not like he gets involved in any integral part of the story. Why is that? (Anti-Semitism? Yes, I'm joking.) I'd like to see more of Ragman.

Sandy Hausler

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    I'd like to see more of Ragman.

Sandy Hausler
    I feel like they should spin him off into his own show like they did Barry and Sara. Make it like Legends only his team would deal with magical threats.

Retired

I think the reason Ragman isn't featured more is because he could end any fight immediately. It's the same reason Firestorm is kept out of action on LEGENDS.

They now have enough costumed characters on all the CW shows to field a few different teams. Ragman and Constantine could support a magic based series. There's young heroes for a not-Teen Titans and a Legion of Super-Heroes. And some kind of Outsiders team could work, also. The problem is the CW has too many super-hero shows and not enough room in their schedule for them all.