Page 389 of 598 FirstFirst ... 289339379385386387388389390391392393399439489 ... LastLast
Results 5,821 to 5,835 of 8959

Thread: Arrow

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Arrow Season 1 Ollie killed more people in some episodes than Helena Bertinelli in her entire career as Huntress.
    He didn't murder innocent civilians and honest cops who were just doing their job though. They really screwed up Huntress's character.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, it's been well-established that the League of Assassin's specializes in bows (for some reason) so Talia being a master in it isn't much of a surprise at this point.
    Yeah Malcolm and Nysaa are skilled with the bow as well.

Retired

I'll just pretend that Talia is the Captain, Maid Jean (Glynis Johns) and Oliver is Hubert Hawkins (Danny Kaye).

Well, it's been well-established that the League of Assassin's specializes in bows (for some reason) so Talia being a master in it isn't much of a surprise at this point.
    I'm not arguing that she shouldn't be a master with a bow. I'd imagine the League is adept at using every type of weapon. I feel the show shouldn't keep going to that well because it's making Ollie less unique by extension. He's one with the crowd instead of being at the forefront. And, from the other characters' standpoint, they just seem like knockoffs.

As eye-rolling as it is to have the new Canary have the name as comics Canary (to legitimize her, I guess?), I still think this was a strong episode in a good season. Oliver had to appeal to her many times (even telling her who he really is, a lesson he learned early this season) and she still refused his help and still killed her target, but it was only then that she learned it didn't make her feel any better. At first I didn't understand why they had Evelyn become Artemis and not even discuss her taking up the Black Canary mantle, but it makes sense in retrospect given that she turned traitor.

In terms of the pairing between the two, looks like the ship between Oliver and the reporter might sink quicker than we thought.

Looks like Curtis is finding a good balance between being in the field and being a tech operative. I'm also intrigued by the idea that there's a hacktavist group out there that wants Felicity's help.

The bit with Flash and Singh was funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post
    I thought the episode was okay, however there are a few questions:

1. How did Black Siren and/or Prometheus know about the Wave Rider?
    2. Where do you think in the Flash storyline Prometheus broke into S. T. A. R. Labs?
    I like Prometheus as a Big Bad, arranging for GA to kill an innocent man, being immune to poisons, etc. But him being able to break Black Siren out of STAR Labs without anyone knowing and then give her such a detailed, specific story that everyone was able to believe and couldn't immediately verify (that plan would've gone straight to hell if Oliver was on the phone with Sara as soon as he saw Black Siren) was a little out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    I think Arrow has enough heroes to start another show easily. Seriously.

Call it More Fun Comics or More Fun TV Show. Maybe just Brave and the Bold.
    Aside from Curtis and MAYBE this new Canary, I don't see the new recruits being in next season. I kind of want Rene to be a future cast member of Legends of Tomorrow. He can travel to the future and learn that he's going to die fairly young. Not because he will be killed in battle, but because of a clogged artery caused by too many Big Belly Burgers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    If Curtis is Mister Terrific then he ought to be good at everything--not just really intelligent but also physically skilled. Isn't Curtis a former Olympic champion?
    They established earlier this season that even though he is an Olympic level athlete that doesn't necessarily translate to being a skilled fighter and having great reflexes.

Remember when Guggenheim said that the reason they had Laurel go by her middle name was because they didn't think any woman in modern time would go by an old time-y name like "Dinah?" Funny how things change.
    Will she go by "Dinah" or by "Tina"?

After Caity Lotz and Katie Cassidy, I'm not sure about casting Juliana Harkavy as the next Black Canary. Was there no Katy, Catie, K. T., Kaity, Kaeti applying for the job?
    "Juliana Harkavy" is just her stage name and it will be revealed later that the actress's real name is Katherine or some variation.

I think the reason Ragman isn't featured more is because he could end any fight immediately. It's the same reason Firestorm is kept out of action on LEGENDS.
    That and the CGI expense. It's getting too noticeable now, though. We've had a couple episodes in a row where Rory has to stay back while Curtis and Rene can be out in the field, and they use the flimsiest justifications for it.

Is Willa Holland busy with something right now? Because it feels weird that Thea hasn't been seen since the mid-season finale.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I like Prometheus as a Big Bad, arranging for GA to kill an innocent man, being immune to poisons, etc. But him being able to break Black Siren out of STAR Labs without anyone knowing and then give her such a detailed, specific story that everyone was able to believe and couldn't immediately verify (that plan would've gone straight to hell if Oliver was on the phone with Sara as soon as he saw Black Siren) was a little out there.
    Oh come on. You could probably break somebody out of STAR Labs. Somebody trained by Talia certainly could. They don't even pretend that STAR Labs has any kind of security anymore. They make jokes about their non-existant security on The Flash.

Aside from Curtis and MAYBE this new Canary, I don't see the new recruits being in next season. I kind of want Rene to be a future cast member of Legends of Tomorrow. He can travel to the future and learn that he's going to die fairly young. Not because he will be killed in battle, but because of a clogged artery caused by too many Big Belly Burgers.
    Maybe Black Lightning can inherit a few of them?

I think it would help if there was a a throwaway line on The Flash to at least show consistency. I'm pretty sure they still don't know she was broken out, or they just don't care to acknowledge their faults. HR should have been helping beef up security. Prior to his arrival Labs kept to itself, but had the occasional break in..but now HR wants to make a museum..something which attracts attention and plenty of foot traffic.

That is kind of besides the point though, the actual point is having some communication between teams would have went a long way.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sain View Post
    I think it would help if there was a a throwaway line on The Flash to at least show consistency. I'm pretty sure they still don't know she was broken out...
    Team Arrow got an off-screen call from Cisco to tell them in the very same episode... It's how they knew Prometheus had broken her out.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    I'm SHOCKED that no one mentioned that the Hebrew word for something that is fated is b'SHERT, with the accent on the second syllable, not BASH-ert, the way Rory pronounced it. As an observant Jew, I sort of like Rory slipping in a little of his cultural flavor, but most of the time it's so ham-fisted (not the best word for a Jewish character) that it feels kind of random. Nowadays, his only reason for being on the show is to drop a Hebrew or Yiddish word into the script. (Last week it was dybbuk, which I think he also mispronounced.) It's not like he gets involved in any integral part of the story. Why is that? (Anti-Semitism? Yes, I'm joking.) I'd like to see more of Ragman.

Sandy Hausler
    I agree with this.

I thought the new episode was oh-kay. At least they are trying to stay with comic book Black Canaries. I think they did a good job with Talia.

I think from now on there should be a rule that Hub City should not be visited until they show the Question. I was so hoping that he was the hacker meeting up with Felicity!

Sometimes, when I watch these shows, it reminds me of this skit:

Just imagine: Grep Proops represents us (comic book fans)
    Mike McShane represents our friends
    Ryan Stiles represents family members who don't understand comics
    Tony Slattery represents family members who like the shows, but don't read comic books
    Clive Anderson represents Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg, and Geoff Johns
    and the audience represents story ideas

Thank you for your time and patience tolerating my weirdness

I wonder, between the Arrowcave, Kord Industries, Queen Consolidated/Palmer Technologies, STAR Labs, and the DEO, which has the worst security ?

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    They established earlier this season that even though he is an Olympic level athlete that doesn't necessarily translate to being a skilled fighter and having great reflexes.
    I like the actor who plays Curtis and I like some things about his version of the character. But if he's not one of the most adept people in the world at many different skills, then he's not Mister Terrific. Going by the original Mister Terrific, Terry Sloane, he really can do everything. And at a young age. Which actually leads him to consider suicide, because he has no challenges left in life. Becoming a super-hero is a way to give himself a reason for living.

I love that aspect of the character. He's very upbeat and even cheesey in his gung-ho optimism, but underlying that is a depressive personality. They really haven't made full use of the character.

I also don't like the T mask. It makes him look like he's wearing black-face.

Vertigo Psychonaut ChaoticScholar's Avatar

Is Willa Holland busy with something right now? Because it feels weird that Thea hasn't been seen since the mid-season finale.
    Her and Paul Forgothislastname, must be hitting creative walls or contract time.
    "People look at us and see the poor and the mad, but they’re looking at us through the bar of their cages.

There’s a palace in your head, boy.

Learn to live in it always. " -- Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticScholar View Post
    Her and Paul Forgothislastname, must be hitting creative walls or contract time.
    Paul Blackthorne ?

I'm kind of surprised Lance has been gone for so long, though I think he comes back in the next episode.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticScholar View Post
    How could you forget a cool name like Blackthorne?