Page 393 of 598 FirstFirst ... 293343383389390391392393394395396397403443493 ... LastLast
Results 5,881 to 5,895 of 8959

Thread: Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    http://comicbook.com/2017/02/14/arro...willa-holland/

Makes you wonder how the contracts are structured on these shows. I guess there are first tier characters like Oliver, Felicity and Diggle which are in almost all of the episodes; then second tier characters like Thea and Lance who are contracted for less episodes. It's a bit odd, in my opinion. And it feels particularly odd that Thea is in only half of the episodes of this season.
    I wonder if that was part of the reason they sent Lance off to rehab, to accommodate Paul Blackthorne's contract?

And I also wonder if there's something to Willa not being contracted for as many episodes as she usually is as a regular?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if that was part of the reason they sent Lance off to rehab, to accommodate Paul Blackthorne's contract?

And I also wonder if there's something to Willa not being contracted for as many episodes as she usually is as a regular?
    Maybe it's because they have three more regulars who are in most of the episodes this season?

Mighty Member

This gun debate episode was pretty good. I liked how Oliver stopped the shooter from attacking that hospital by reasoning with him.

Vertigo Psychonaut ChaoticScholar's Avatar

I'm a lefty, and thought this episode was preachy. Holy filler, Batman.
    "People look at us and see the poor and the mad, but they’re looking at us through the bar of their cages.

There’s a palace in your head, boy.

Learn to live in it always. " -- Grant Morrison

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

A gun control episode of all things. I could do without a episode about a tired political topic. Vigilante appearance was wasted. I wonder how Chase was even able to don the costume when the gunshot left him unable to move on his own. I liked the flashbacks with Renee. He's my favorite character of the new recruits and I like that his character was fleshed out more this episode.

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    This gun debate episode was pretty good. I liked how Oliver stopped the shooter from attacking that hospital by reasoning with him.
    Yeah I enjoyed this episode too, for a moment I also thought that Diggle was gonna cheat on his wife lol.

Wow, this was the kind of hard-hitting take on a divisive political issue that you would expect from a Green Arrow show .

It's nice to finally have Thea back, she's been sorely missed. And she's sorely missed a lot in the time she's been away, like Rene working at the mayor's office now as Lance's assistant and Ollie dating her nemesis Susan Williams. Not to mention she missed the whole Black Siren kerfuffle, though that was probably for the best for both her and Quentin.

I wonder how weird it must be for Lance to be introduced to a woman who has, not only, the same exact name as his ex-wife but the same first name of his daughter and is intended to succeed said daughter as the Black Canary?

This is the second or third time the Bertinelli family has come up again this season. Foreshadowing the return of Huntress?

So Dinah's training for Bo-staff? Classic Black Canary only ever relied on her martial arts skills, so I don't think Dinah needs to trained in weaponry. Not to mention there's her Canary Cry.

Chase's wife is still alive? I would've thought she (and possibly their child) would've been dead by now, since it was their deaths that spurred him into becoming the Vigilante in the comics. Now I'm starting to wonder what could have happened to make Chase become a costumed nutjob other then an overzealous stance against crime .

I appreciated finally getting some insight into Rene's origins and what kind of background he came from. He and his family got out of the Glades, only for his wife's drug habit to result in violence coming into their home and Rene inadvertently getting his wife killed, leading to social services taking his daughter away. Though now that Rene is cleaning up his act as part of Team Arrow and working for Lance, hopefully he and Curtis can get him custody of her back .

Was the emphasis on Dinah's apartment having a garden supposed to be a reference to classic Black Canary's florist profession?

I guess nobody's going to talk about Rory being gone...

It'll be good to have Dinah working at the SCPD, since we barely see it nowadays now that none of the main cast works out of there. At least when Detective Malone was around we had Felicity stopping by every now and then.

Ever since he lost his company, Oliver hasn't had much to contribute to his city outside of being a vigilante who beats people up, but now that he's become mayor he's able to deal with and accomplish things as Oliver Queen that he could never do as the Green Arrow. That scene at the hospital of Ollie talking down the shooter would not have been as powerful or meaningful if he'd been in-costume.

on this very special episode of Arrow. . .

Guns are bad but a Bow is best.

With a special appearance by the villain Gunman.

Did they even explain the law that they past? They just said it hits both sides but never said anything.

I don't know why I keep expecting Arrow to skip a week when the Flash does. I'll catch up mañana.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    on this very special episode of Arrow. . .

Guns are bad but a Bow is best.

With a special appearance by the villain Gunman.

Did they even explain the law that they past? They just said it hits both sides but never said anything.
    The law wasn't explored at all. Things like this are best left vague. Councilwoman only agreed because she knew she would be vilified if she opposed it considering current events.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Arrow tried to stay as close to the middle as possible on this issue, which probably was for the best viewer-wise.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    Yeah I enjoyed this episode too, for a moment I also thought that Diggle was gonna cheat on his wife lol.
    Heh. I was thinking the same thing. Dinah was on major desirable level during their scenes together.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Vertigo Psychonaut ChaoticScholar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Arrow tried to stay as close to the middle as possible on this issue, which probably was for the best viewer-wise.
    They weren't very subtle, the main arc was lame, and they could have done the Wild Dog Origin without it. This was a bad episode. What's wrong with this writer's room?
    "People look at us and see the poor and the mad, but they’re looking at us through the bar of their cages.

There’s a palace in your head, boy.

Learn to live in it always. " -- Grant Morrison

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

China White!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's all that matters to me.

Chase's wife being alive really does change the comic book origin, which they said they were going to stick to. So I wonder what Vigilante-d him. Maybe they had a kid who was killed or something.

Part of me wants them suit up Dinah asap, the other part wants the slow burn.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    Uh...no. Dudes and chicks can be friendly you realize. And marriage wise, Diggle has been str8 arrow on that and that is how I want him to remain.

https://youtu.be/r7VzwwSCpVk Next ep promo...hoping that is a VERRRRRRY rough draft of Dinah's costume.
    Last edited by KabutoRyder; 02-16-2017 at 09:23 AM.

Well it was obviously a moral lesson episode, but I liked it.

And the scene with Vigilante was....weird.