Page 4 of 598 FirstFirst 123456781454104504 ... LastLast

Thread: Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    Isn't that Laurel?
    Quote Originally Posted by zhris View Post
    Yeah. If you pause the video, it's clearly Laurel using Ollie's bow (with what looks to be one of his tranq arrows, possibly filled with MiraCureu).
    Yeah, now that you mention it. The CBR article where this was posted (link) said it was Thea, and those clips were short enough that I didn't catch it.

Member in Disguise

Just a thought; everyone on Team Arrow is super-Microsoft (Surface tablets and Nokias as far as the eye can see), wouldn't it be funny if they prominently showed Slade and Blood using Macs and iPhones?
    ...Expecting the Spanish Inquisition.

These next two episodes are gonna be so good.

My guess is that it will be Oliver+Roy+Diggle+Sarah+League+Merlyn against Slade and his army

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post

My guess is that it will be Oliver+Roy+Diggle+Sarah+League+Merlyn against Slade and his army
    Call me crazy, but I'm half-expecting the Squad to show up.
    Would be a neat to build them up for Season 3, especially Harley.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    The character does nothing for me either. My biggest fear for the show is that Sara dies and Laurel decides to become Black Canary in her memory.
    I have no doubt that has been the plan for a long, long time.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    I'm no business major myself, but my understanding is that owning a publicly-traded company does not equate to total control of the company; even a majority shareholder is beholden to the Board of Directors. Oliver and Isabel each own 50% of QC, but Ollie signs over temporary CEO status, and Isabel immediately uses that authority to call for a vote of no confidence from the Board and make her the permanent CEO.

As for the money, I have no idea. Would her status as the CEO enable her to gobble up the Queen family's 50% stake?
    Well, I am a business major and I have no clue as to how the Queens could realistically be bankrupt myself. Sometimes you just have to turn off the brain when you watch this show.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

That was a great episode last night. Ravager's helmet is rather bizarre, but I can live with it. I also like that Laurel is becoming a much better character and that her arc through this season is really paying off.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Yeah I even meant to put the Suicide Squad in there. Maybe there's even an outside chance they recruit Huntress into the group

BANNED

As for the money, I have no idea. Would her status as the CEO enable her to gobble up the Queen family's 50% stake?
    Nope. Realistically, there's nothing she could do to devalue the Queen's stock without devaluing her own and, by extension, the company as a whole, leaving it vulnerable to someone coming in and staging a takeover similar to what she did to Ollie.

Quote Originally Posted by zhris View Post
    Just a thought; everyone on Team Arrow is super-Microsoft (Surface tablets and Nokias as far as the eye can see), wouldn't it be funny if they prominently showed Slade and Blood using Macs and iPhones?
    I would love that
    #TeamMicrosoft

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    I have to wonder if that Harley dialogue in the Suicide Squad-centric episode was just a one and done thing, or glimpse of things to come. I'd love if she did make it. Plus, it would make sense for Amanda to send in the Squad seeing as how she reacted to the army of Mirakuru soldiers.

Member in Disguise

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post

The description for the season finale on TVGuide.com says:

Season 2 ends with Slade kidnapping and threatening to kill another person in Oliver's life, which forces Oliver to decide whether he is a killer or a hero. Meanwhile, Diggle takes on Amanda; and Thea turns to Roy in a time of need.
    What to make of this? Line by line, it sounds like Slade will kidnap Sara, Felicity, or Laurel; my money's on Sara, as killing her will not only pave the way for Laurel to put on the fishnets, it'll push Ollie to make the aforementioned decision. Next, Amanda (and by extension, the squad) is in town, doing something Diggle doesn't agree with? Interesting. Finally, it sounds like Thea and Roy are off doing something else, somewhere else... perhaps they're in Central City?

Also, John Barrowman isn't listed in the credits on TVGuide.com or IMDB, so it sounds like Merlyn will be a one and done next week.
    ...Expecting the Spanish Inquisition.

Mighty Member

Love Felicity's interrogation techniques.

-snip-

Thea's got a bow. Hmmmm...
    So hype. God I can't wait.

Amazing Member

The money issue is still bugging me. You can't just affect SOME of the stock in a company and how do they not have any money? They own nothing? No cash reserves, gold? They should be able to sell the house and everything in in and be set for life. Appears people on television shows have no backup plans. They go from being rich pocket change? Don't by that.

Love Felicity's interrogation techniques.
    Very effective.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Well, I am a business major and I have no clue as to how the Queens could realistically be bankrupt myself. Sometimes you just have to turn off the brain when you watch this show.
    I find that oddly comforting, actually

Quote Originally Posted by Xiroteus View Post
    The money issue is still bugging me. You can't just affect SOME of the stock in a company and how do they not have any money? They own nothing? No cash reserves, gold? They should be able to sell the house and everything in in and be set for life. Appears people on television shows have no backup plans. They go from being rich pocket change? Don't by that.

Very effective.
    Also another way to fund Team Arrow.