Page 40 of 598 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140540 ... LastLast

Thread: Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Art School Dropout View Post
    Is that when everything on screen is tinted a pale yellowish brown color?
    Yeah sure it helps because i was watching 2hours of AOS and three of Arrow.
    Truth is the best policy

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sousa View Post
    Again with the caps?
    I use caps to emphasize important words. That's it. I'm not yelling or even upset to any great extent.

I just find it funny how you'll completely ignore something just to serve your own agenda. Honestly , I don't think you know what you're talking about. She never tried not to kill considering the only two times she was put into a position of killing or letting someone live there was someone else there to intervene, Oliver with Roy and Laurel with Helena. Any other time she went onto kill because shes still in League of Assassins mode. Its ingrained in her because she was with them for 4 years and she'd still be there had she not left in the first place. But no, you completely ignore it and blame the writers for something that has been explained to you but you refuse to acknowledge it.
    She killed for four years. Then she didn't want to kill anymore. Then she threw that away and went back to being a murderer. I don't care that it takes more than half a year to really leave behind a life of killing. Now she has NO CHANCE to leave that life behind, because the League won't LET her leave them a second time.

Again with the slavery? She was saved by the League and was in a romantic relationship with Nyssa. She even talks about how much she meant to her, that does not make her a slave. I'm sure slaves around the world think of their master as their best friend right? Ugh,disgusting way to look at it
    You ever hear of Stockholm Syndrome? You can have a romantic relationship with someone who abuses you, I hope you're aware. Men and women are doing that right now the world over.

Clearly Nyssa didn't mean THAT much to Sara, or she wouldn't have left her. She left Nyssa for a reason: clearly she wasn't happy. Nyssa claims to love Sara? Last time I checked "love" doesn't involve forcing the object of your affection to do things that he/she doesn't want to do. Like rejoining her gang of mass murderers and leaving her family.

Yes, Sara is now enslaved to the League. They will not allow her to leave them a second time. If next Season, Sara tells Nyssa once again that she would like to leave? It's not going to happen. The League will keep her with them with threats to her person and/or to her family. She's with them for life. She can't quit, she can't leave them, she has no further agency in her own life anymore.

You don't care because you know you're dead wrong and were proven wrong.
    Wow. A few insulting words from you counts as "proof" that I'm wrong? Nope! I still see no evidence that I'm wrong. I just see you telling me that I'm wrong. I can tell you you're wrong too. Doesn't mean much, does it.?

I can't believe I have to explain this again! The entire team she "tried to change" she still wanted people dead and complained to Oliver because he wanted Slade to be killed but not Roy. You clearly don't even pay close attention if you think you're right on this. Oliver too tried to change yet killed the count didn't he? Oliver and Sara clashed the entire season over to kill or not to kill but you completely ignore it
    Since the beginning of this new "no killing" season, Oliver killed ONE MAN, ONE TIME when there was no other choice. And the decision ate at him and he felt guilty about it. No hero should be 100% "no killing." Sometimes killing is necessary. There is, however, a big difference between a cop or a superhero killing a bad guy in the defense of the innocent and a cold-blooded assassin murdering people for his/her next paycheck.

Killing The Count wasn't Oliver returning to being a killer. It was him in a nasty situation that only really had one solution. The fact that he didn't go back to shooting unarmed, surrendering men is proof that he didn't revert. He just had to make an exception to his no-kill rule. It happens.

No, I very much noticed that Oliver and Sara clashed over killing all season. I also couldn't help but notice that Oliver WON every argument they had about it. I also remember that Sara eventually decided that she didn't want to be a killer anymore. I also recall that since Oliver is so dead-set against killing now, he would be all kinds of upset about the thought of a woman he loves going off to return to her murderous ways. He didn't give up on Helena and kept trying to get her to stop killing. Why did he not even TRY to stop Sara from going back to the League?

Laurel had some purpose, she worked within law and helped out Oliver with things he couldn't acquire himself or would be easier to acquire something that she could get with little to no hassle. It also helps that shes probably going to be the new DA which can help Oliver and his cause . Again, you have to let these things happen. It was by design that you're supposed to find her unlikable in season two, you can see her character change towards the end of season 3. I don't understand how people cannot acknowledge that shes beginning to be a good character apart from their ridiculous Oliver and Felicity dream relationship
    First of all? Leave me out of the shipping wars. I don't ship Oliver and Felicity at all. I won't mind if they hook up, but I don't get worked up about which character is dating which.

Two years, going on three, is an awful long time to even START making a character worthwhile. This is especially true when the writers were able to get everyone to like and sympathize with Sara in ONE season. Not even one season, really. We started to like her within a few episodes.

As for the rest? Fine. Let Laurel be Ollie's legal aide. Fine by me. How does that translate to her being more worthy of being Black Canary than her much more likable sister, who had a really good redemption story going on? It doesn't. Laurel's not as good a fighter as Sara. It's going to be a long time for her to get even half as good as her. She also doesn't NEED to be Black Canary in order to make up for her past misdeeds. Being a drunk pain-in-the-ass hardly requires a big redemption story. Lots of normal people come back from that just by deciding to do better in their lives. Being a murderer, however, requires a slightly more elaborate redemption story.

Sara as Black Canary is a story of redemption. Of a woman rising above her dark past to become something greater. Laurel becoming Black Canary is just a convenient excuse to give Oliver's intended girlfriend in the series a cute matching uniform so she can coordinate with her boyfriend.

I'm sorry but you are full of it because you don't even know what you're saying anymore. I'm sorry but half a year pales in comparison to 4 full years of murdering, you do not just change overnight and she realized it which is why she left so she can go back to them because she wants!!!!!!! to not because she's being forced into slavery.
    I'm well aware that you don't change overnight. And now, Sara has NO CHANCE to change at all. She's stuck as a murderer for the rest of her life. With Oliver and the team? She had a chance for redemption. Now? Not so much.

Sara DIDN'T return to the League because she wanted to. She returned because she felt she needed their help in order to save her family. And there was only one price they would accept for their aid: Sara's return to the fold. She had no choice but to sell her soul to the devil all over again. Now? The League has her under their thumb and they won't let her escape ever again.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    When the first ubervamp appeared, it took every last ounce of Buffy's strength to kill just one of them, and it nearly killed her in the process. In the finale, even non-powered humans were able to hold their own against multiple Turoks.

Joss even puts his hands up to it on the DVD commentary he did for Chosen.
    Well i did say that indeed it seemed a bit unlikely that they could take on thousands of them, even with Scythe and magic. It is understandable though that Buffy did not have such a hard time killing them as the first time around since she had the Scythe now. Also the only non-powered humans were Wood, Giles, Xander, Andrew and Dawn right? I dont think they fought Turoks but Bringers. And Anya died doing so. I am currently rewatching Season 7 anyway (next episode is "Empty Places" so I am fairly close to the Finale) so Iīll be sure to look out for that.

I stand by what I said though. This stretch of credulity never bothered me, because the final battle is about something else (as Joss pointed out as well) and when watching it, things like the easy killing of Turok hans has never and will never bother me because that whole sequence is just so amazing, empowering, emotional and beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Of course, even people who work together can love each other. The two are not exclusive.
    I dont think anybody would ever doubt that. I mean Clark and Lois, hello? You even find plenty of examples for that in the real world. Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone are a couple for example, James Cameron was married to Linda Hamilton, Avril Lavigne married Chad Kroeger after working with him on her last album and so on.

So I dont think its about that. Love can strike you anywhere, anytime thats not the point I think. And I do believe that there are true feelings of love between Oliver and Felicity, but loving each other doesnt have to mean to be in love with each other. On Smallville Clark and Chloe love each other immensely (and have been telling that to each other and others) but it ultimately was a platonic love. Doesnt mean its not a powerful one. Same with Buffy and Xander for instance on Buffy or Spike and Fred on Angel. Having a deep love for someone does not have to mean that you want to have a physically intimate relationship with someone too. There are many different kinds of powerful love and I do think that much like Chloe and Clark, Oliver and Felicity are much better off having a very powerful platonic love with each other. Lets face it at the end of the day Oliver and Laurel is gonna be the endgame (The EPs even compared them to Lois and Clark ) and if they would ever go down that Olicity as a romantic couple road, it would ultimately ruin their relationship and Oliver would just end breaking her heart like an omelette. And while having a platonic love could and in my opinion empowers them both, Oliverīs psychological damage would be poison in a relationship for Felicity. She is a pretty delicate person. She has great inner strength but she could not cope with Olivers issues in an actual romantic relationship. He is simply not good for her in that way and it would just ruin what they have.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    I don't think there's much chance of Arrow and Flash being integrated into a DC movie-verse, simply because I think the architects of that world want to have as free a hand as possible in crafting it and if they brought Arrow and Flash into it, they'd be restricted by what came before on those shows.

Arrow was clearly designed to be a standalone entity and took full advantage of its free rein by cannibalizing characters and elements from all corners of the DCU and recasting them as Arrow-centric concepts. Granted, most of the stuff the show's pilfered falls under the heading of B-list, but often the B-list stuff can be some of the most potential filled because it's largely untapped. If they brought Arrow into the DC movie-verse, Warners would either have to resign themselves to writing off most of the characters whose name and backgrounds Arrow has reconfigured for its use or, if they did want to use any of them in their "true" form, recreate new versions of them to coexist next to the arrow versions, which would be a bit confusing. I think that whoever is in charge of any potential DCMU would want to avoid having to step through the minefield of what they can and can't do based on the TV show.
    One of the Arrow EPs recently said in an interview that being connected with the movies in a shared universe has both great advantages and disadvantages. Their current position on this is that if some day WB decides to do this, they will adjust to it accordingly but as long as WB does not make this official, they will just keep treating Arrow and Flash as their own universe.

I hope WB keeps it seperate. I said this many times on these boards already, I think that cramming a show that has been created as being its own universe into a new movie universe is generally just a really bad idea. If they wanna integrate TV shows into their movieverse, it should be TV shows which were created from the start as part of that universe. It works with Agents of SHIELD because that show was created from the start as being part of the movieverse. Both Arrow and Flash were not.

Quote Originally Posted by Sousa View Post
    Again with the caps? I just find it funny how you'll completely ignore something just to serve your own agenda. Honestly , I don't think you know what you're talking about. She never tried not to kill considering the only two times she was put into a position of killing or letting someone live there was someone else there to intervene, Oliver with Roy and Laurel with Helena. Any other time she went onto kill because shes still in League of Assassins mode. Its ingrained in her because she was with them for 4 years and she'd still be there had she not left in the first place. But no, you completely ignore it and blame the writers for something that has been explained to you but you refuse to acknowledge it. Again with the slavery? She was saved by the League and was in a romantic relationship with Nyssa. She even talks about how much she meant to her, that does not make her a slave. I'm sure slaves around the world think of their master as their best friend right? Ugh,disgusting way to look at it

You don't care because you know you're dead wrong and were proven wrong. I can't believe I have to explain this again! The entire team she "tried to change" she still wanted people dead and complained to Oliver because he wanted Slade to be killed but not Roy. You clearly don't even pay close attention if you think you're right on this. Oliver too tried to change yet killed the count didn't he? Oliver and Sara clashed the entire season over to kill or not to kill but you completely ignore it

Laurel had some purpose, she worked within law and helped out Oliver with things he couldn't acquire himself or would be easier to acquire something that she could get with little to no hassle. It also helps that shes probably going to be the new DA which can help Oliver and his cause . Again, you have to let these things happen. It was by design that you're supposed to find her unlikable in season two, you can see her character change towards the end of season 3. I don't understand how people cannot acknowledge that shes beginning to be a good character apart from their ridiculous Oliver and Felicity dream relationship

I'm sorry but you are full of it because you don't even know what you're saying anymore. I'm sorry but half a year pales in comparison to 4 full years of murdering, you do not just change overnight and she realized it which is why she left so she can go back to them because she wants!!!!!!! to not because she's being forced into slavery.

Stop complaining please, I'm convinced you're just being a troll
    That's pretty hypocritical coming from the person arguing that we should all give Laurel's redemption arc a chance.
    Last edited by R0NIN; 05-19-2014 at 08:58 AM.

Incredible Member Miraclo__Pill's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    None of which are the basis for a relationship. It's one thing for her to have a crush on him (although that does make her seem a little emotionally immature), but the idea that she would have genuine feelings for him reduces her to an even more one-dimensional character than she already is.
    You think Ollie is unworthy of love?
    http://grafikarobotnik.tumblr.com/

I survived the 2014 reboot and I didn't even got a lousy t-shirt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miraclo__Pills View Post
    right now...sort of

dating Laurel, cheating on her with Sara, takes her on the Queens Gambit, both of them nearly die

comes back to Starling, banging Laurel again, then banging that Detective, then Sara again

he needs to take a minute and figure out what he wants

as my friend Ali says..he needs to simmer

Amazing Member

I guess the Lances are just happy Sara is back from the dead, and they won't let her choice of profession ruin their mood.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    right now...sort of

dating Laurel, cheating on her with Sara, takes her on the Queens Gambit, both of them nearly die

comes back to Starling, banging Laurel again, then banging that Detective, then Sara again

he needs to take a minute and figure out what he wants

as my friend Ali says..he needs to simmer
    Not sure how what happened on the Queen's Gambit is relevant, its the kind of thing only a loved one or biased person like Lance or Laurel would ever blame him for. Sure, he invited Sara on the boat, but what happened isn't remotely his fault or something anyone could have ever seen coming. That's basically like saying he should never do anything or go anywhere.

Since his return from the island, he's had relationships with Laurel, the detective and Sara, all of whom he had previous relationships with. Oh, and he dated Helena for all of two seconds, and slept with Isabel.

This in a span of two years.

Oh, what a player he is.

Not saying he's in any place for a relationship right now or even capable of a healthy one, but that's not remotely the same thing as him not deserving one or being worthy of one.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kalen O. View Post
    Not saying he's in any place for a relationship right now or even capable of a healthy one, but that's not remotely the same thing as him not deserving one or being worthy of one.
    it really kind of is

if you crash a car over and over, you get your license taken away

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    it really kind of is

if you crash a car over and over, you get your license taken away
    You get that two consenting adults willingly entering into a relationship is not actually the same thing as a car crash, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Miraclo__Pills View Post
    How exactly do you go from acknowledging that two people have very little in common and have shown no real indication that they would work as a couple (based on the interaction we've seen on the show) to Ollie not being worthy of love?

Yes, in real terms, it's always going to be a struggle to really believe that anyone could be attracted to Ollie (beyond the superficial), due to his inherent lack of a personality. But that's simply the nature of the sort of show Arrow is, so in that context of course someone will 'love' him. But even within confines of the paper-thin characterisation of the show, Felicity and Ollie getting together would just seem... implausible.

BANNED

yeah thats something I recently discussed with a friend too. I mean Oliver is having sex with almost every female character on the show whom he isnt related with, itīs getting kinda ridiculous. Plus having sex with the same woman that his father had sex with? Icky. (Come to think of it wasnt Isabel a bit young for Robert? He must have been like twice as old as her)

However Oliver is generally portrayed as a womanizer in the GA mythology, the classic rich billionaire playboy ala Bruce Wayne or Tony Stark. However on the show they spend so much time proving to people that their Oliver isnt such a playboy and player and yet he sleeps with almost every woman he meets lol

he should just go a Season without sleeping with anyone and spend more time channeling all that pent up energy into fighting his opponents :P

Btw why is nobody here bothering with using the proper names for minor characters? The "detective" actually is called McKenna Hall....Also just saying that Oliver "banged" these women sounds pretty degrading to me. With the exception of Isabel he loved all those women. Show a bit more tact and respect please and be a bit less offending in your choice of words.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade Wilson View Post
    I dont think anybody would ever doubt that. I mean Clark and Lois, hello? You even find plenty of examples for that in the real world. Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone are a couple for example, James Cameron was married to Linda Hamilton, Avril Lavigne married Chad Kroeger after working with him on her last album and so on.

So I dont think its about that. Love can strike you anywhere, anytime thats not the point I think. And I do believe that there are true feelings of love between Oliver and Felicity, but loving each other doesnt have to mean to be in love with each other. On Smallville Clark and Chloe love each other immensely (and have been telling that to each other and others) but it ultimately was a platonic love. Doesnt mean its not a powerful one. Same with Buffy and Xander for instance on Buffy or Spike and Fred on Angel. Having a deep love for someone does not have to mean that you want to have a physically intimate relationship with someone too. There are many different kinds of powerful love and I do think that much like Chloe and Clark, Oliver and Felicity are much better off having a very powerful platonic love with each other. Lets face it at the end of the day Oliver and Laurel is gonna be the endgame (The EPs even compared them to Lois and Clark ) and if they would ever go down that Olicity as a romantic couple road, it would ultimately ruin their relationship and Oliver would just end breaking her heart like an omelette. And while having a platonic love could and in my opinion empowers them both, Oliverīs psychological damage would be poison in a relationship for Felicity. She is a pretty delicate person. She has great inner strength but she could not cope with Olivers issues in an actual romantic relationship. He is simply not good for her in that way and it would just ruin what they have.
    I don't think we disagree. I have never said that they should be together. I just don't understand the people who say, it makes no sense for them to love each other because he's untrustworthy, etc.

He is a man who puts his life on the line for his city. He trusts her, not only with his secret, but to share in his work. It's clear he loves her (and I'm not talking about sexually); he killed The Count to save her life, not long after he had decided not to kill anymore.

Ollie loves Felicity. He may not sleep with her like he does with Sara or Laurel (but keep in mind, he also slept with Huntress and Rustov), but like he would do anything for them, he would do anything for her. OK, let's move on to other subjects.

Sandy Hausler

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slade Wilson View Post
    yeah thats something I recently discussed with a friend too. I mean Oliver is having sex with almost every female character on the show whom he isnt related with, itīs getting kinda ridiculous. Plus having sex with the same woman that his father had sex with? Icky. (Come to think of it wasnt Isabel a bit young for Robert? He must have been like twice as old as her)

However Oliver is generally portrayed as a womanizer in the GA mythology, the classic rich billionaire playboy ala Bruce Wayne or Tony Stark. However on the show they spend so much time proving to people that their Oliver isnt such a playboy and player and yet he sleeps with almost every woman he meets lol

he should just go a Season without sleeping with anyone and spend more time channeling all that pent up energy into fighting his opponents :P

Btw why is nobody here bothering with using the proper names for minor characters? The "detective" actually is called McKenna Hall....Also just saying that Oliver "banged" these women sounds pretty degrading to me. With the exception of Isabel he loved all those women. Show a bit more tact and respect please and be a bit less offending in your choice of words.
    Helena and Isabel. Those are the only two women he's been with over the course of two seasons that he didn't have a prior relationship with (McKenna, Sara and Laurel). That is not sleeping with every woman he meets by any stretch of the imagination. The fact that it constitutes most of the female characters on the show that he isn't related to doesn't make it any more than two women. Unless you're arguing that he would have slept with all of these other imaginary women if only the show had included them too?

And why the hell is the fact that Isabel slept with his father a reflection on his character? Sure, its icky. Its also something he had no reason to suspect and no way to actually know, so its presence in any argument about Ollie's character is entirely disingenuous.

And I admit to not remembering McKenna's name, but I don't remember half the names of characters we haven't seen since Season One.
    Last edited by Kalen O.; 05-19-2014 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by R0NIN View Post
    That's pretty hypocritical coming from the person arguing that we should all give Laurel's redemption arc a chance.
    What does one have to do with the other? The fact that its taking Laurel time to do so while Sara never fully committed to changing and was always skeptical about it and had arguments with Oliver throughout the season over it

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    I use caps to emphasize important words. That's it. I'm not yelling or even upset to any great extent.

She killed for four years. Then she didn't want to kill anymore. Then she threw that away and went back to being a murderer. I don't care that it takes more than half a year to really leave behind a life of killing. Now she has NO CHANCE to leave that life behind, because the League won't LET her leave them a second time.

You ever hear of Stockholm Syndrome? You can have a romantic relationship with someone who abuses you, I hope you're aware. Men and women are doing that right now the world over.

Clearly Nyssa didn't mean THAT much to Sara, or she wouldn't have left her. She left Nyssa for a reason: clearly she wasn't happy. Nyssa claims to love Sara? Last time I checked "love" doesn't involve forcing the object of your affection to do things that he/she doesn't want to do. Like rejoining her gang of mass murderers and leaving her family.

Yes, Sara is now enslaved to the League. They will not allow her to leave them a second time. If next Season, Sara tells Nyssa once again that she would like to leave? It's not going to happen. The League will keep her with them with threats to her person and/or to her family. She's with them for life. She can't quit, she can't leave them, she has no further agency in her own life anymore.

Wow. A few insulting words from you counts as "proof" that I'm wrong? Nope! I still see no evidence that I'm wrong. I just see you telling me that I'm wrong. I can tell you you're wrong too. Doesn't mean much, does it.?

Since the beginning of this new "no killing" season, Oliver killed ONE MAN, ONE TIME when there was no other choice. And the decision ate at him and he felt guilty about it. No hero should be 100% "no killing." Sometimes killing is necessary. There is, however, a big difference between a cop or a superhero killing a bad guy in the defense of the innocent and a cold-blooded assassin murdering people for his/her next paycheck.

Killing The Count wasn't Oliver returning to being a killer. It was him in a nasty situation that only really had one solution. The fact that he didn't go back to shooting unarmed, surrendering men is proof that he didn't revert. He just had to make an exception to his no-kill rule. It happens.

No, I very much noticed that Oliver and Sara clashed over killing all season. I also couldn't help but notice that Oliver WON every argument they had about it. I also remember that Sara eventually decided that she didn't want to be a killer anymore. I also recall that since Oliver is so dead-set against killing now, he would be all kinds of upset about the thought of a woman he loves going off to return to her murderous ways. He didn't give up on Helena and kept trying to get her to stop killing. Why did he not even TRY to stop Sara from going back to the League?

First of all? Leave me out of the shipping wars. I don't ship Oliver and Felicity at all. I won't mind if they hook up, but I don't get worked up about which character is dating which.

Two years, going on three, is an awful long time to even START making a character worthwhile. This is especially true when the writers were able to get everyone to like and sympathize with Sara in ONE season. Not even one season, really. We started to like her within a few episodes.

As for the rest? Fine. Let Laurel be Ollie's legal aide. Fine by me. How does that translate to her being more worthy of being Black Canary than her much more likable sister, who had a really good redemption story going on? It doesn't. Laurel's not as good a fighter as Sara. It's going to be a long time for her to get even half as good as her. She also doesn't NEED to be Black Canary in order to make up for her past misdeeds. Being a drunk pain-in-the-ass hardly requires a big redemption story. Lots of normal people come back from that just by deciding to do better in their lives. Being a murderer, however, requires a slightly more elaborate redemption story.

Sara as Black Canary is a story of redemption. Of a woman rising above her dark past to become something greater. Laurel becoming Black Canary is just a convenient excuse to give Oliver's intended girlfriend in the series a cute matching uniform so she can coordinate with her boyfriend.

I'm well aware that you don't change overnight. And now, Sara has NO CHANCE to change at all. She's stuck as a murderer for the rest of her life. With Oliver and the team? She had a chance for redemption. Now? Not so much.

Sara DIDN'T return to the League because she wanted to. She returned because she felt she needed their help in order to save her family. And there was only one price they would accept for their aid: Sara's return to the fold. She had no choice but to sell her soul to the devil all over again. Now? The League has her under their thumb and they won't let her escape ever again.
    It makes you look childish and can't get your point across like an adult.

She didn't kill anymore because she wasn't put in any situation to do so apart from 2. She was choking Helena and only stopped because of Laurel, not because Oliver tried to change her. She wasn't going to kill someone in front of her own sister. The only reason she didn't kill Roy was because of Oliver stopping her from doing so . She hadn't changed seeing as this was pretty late on in the season. That hardly means she was fully committed to the rule

You're really trying to shoehorn this slavery thing aren't you? If Sara was a slave as you so eloquently put it, why would a "slave master" cry over her not wanting to stay? Nyssa obviously cared about her seeing as Nyssa changed(hey look that word you use) her mind about The Leagues rules just because of Sara and Sara went back because of her and her alone. I find it funny how you're flipping around what you're saying. Sara left only because of assuring her families safety , she was eventually going to go back. Also, Sara went out of her way to get the Leagues help to go up against Slade. Nyssa allowed Sara to leave the League thus Sara wouldn't have to worry about her family anymore. But you ignored that part didn't you?If she didn't want to kill anymore, she wouldn't have killed the Doll Maker, Mayor and The Assassin, nor would she admit to wanting to kill Roy and attempt to kill Helena. Thats clearly not a person who changed her ways.

Wait hold on, now you're saying they wont allow her to leave a second time? What proof do you have? They claimed they don't allow anyone to leave yet they broke that rule therefore putting a giant hole in your theory. So in other words, you are incorrect. The writers will do it again if they want like they did in the first place because you know...its a work if fiction lol

You're right , Oliver killed the count because the writers made him do it LOL Yet still tried to get Diggle to kill Slade. In fact, he specifically got Diggle in range to kill him with a sniper, why are you ignoring that? He also for a couple episodes was insisting that he had to kill Slade in order to stop him. Again, missed that part. If he was so into his new rule he wouldn't have ever once entertained the idea of killing someone. In the end he stuck to his rule while Sara didn't because she believes shes a League member thats why she broke up with him and left . Somehow that flew over your head.

If you noticed they clashed over it, you wouldn't be complaining that Sara didn't want to stick to the new kill rule and decided to leave. You're going in circles now

*sigh* Laurel had her usefulness in the first season. She got Oliver's attention away from the list and got him information that he couldn't get, she had access that he didn't. Again, you completely ignore it because of the way she was portrayed in season 2. Its painfully obvious you don't pay attention

I never once said Laurel is "more worthy" of being the Canary...at this present time. She never entertained the idea of becoming a vigilante nor will she become one all because Sara gave her a freaking jacket! It's called a nod to the source material. Will Laurel be the black canary? 80% she will but she wont be the Canary in episode 1 of season 3 for crying out loud. It will take time, Sara will be back . It baffles me that people completely ignore that. Lets also not forget that Laurel does in fact have hand to hand combat training and is capable of disarming thugs. She's proven that much and with Oliver training her she can be capable of donning the Canary outfit. Better than Sara? You have to give it time first!

We don't know what Sara will do. Maybe she will be tasked with killing a young kid , someone who possibly reminds her of Sin and thus not being able to bring herself to do so and killing Nyssa or whomever. Why hasn't that entered your mind? Sara isn't disappearing and Laurel will become the Canary right away jeeze

Sara left because she in her mind, doesn't belong as a "hero" like Oliver as she said so herself to Laurel yet Laurel kept insisting she is and should stick around yet some how Laurel is an awful person. If you still think Sara left because she "had to" you're insane. If you can't acknowledge being wrong on something , then whats the point? You clearly don't care about anything someone tells you because you have your set thoughts and will plug your ears and not listen