Page 435 of 598 FirstFirst ... 335385425431432433434435436437438439445485535 ... LastLast
Results 6,511 to 6,525 of 8959

Thread: Arrow

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Yeah, that is weird. Off the top of my head, I'm trying to think of a single time Barry has even defeated Thawne. He's either been a sidelined participant, like in the S1 finale, or he's let Thawne loose to accomplish his own goals. Barry's significant victories over Thawne appear to have all happened in the future we have yet to see (and may never, given the timeline alterations?).

I still feel like Barrowman will have a part to play in the ARROW series finale, whenever that may be. Plans change, then change again. It wasn't so long ago that Manu Bennett made it sound as though he'd never return as Slade because of how the character was treated in S3.
    When they know that they know that a particular upcoming season will be the last, they'll get him back, and Haynes back if for no other reason than the last episode. But I'd say that Merlyn will be the big bad of the last half of the last season.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I want Deathstroke in his own spinoff. There. I said it. Make Evelyn his long lost daughter Rose, bring in Joe/Jericho, voila. Father Knows Best, mercenary version.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So Oliver is going to help Slade find Jericho? I wonder if that'll be a plotline in season 6?
    Yes, please!

Kind of upset that they blew up the island; think of all the innocent wildlife!

Wonder how's everyone (or most of them) going to survive. Aquaman and his allies save them?

Better still . . . Ragman comes to rescue them along with his new friends, the Shadowpact: Constantine, Demon, Zauriel, Nightshade, Detective Chimp, Andrew Bennett, Neil Gaiman's Black Orchid, and the newest member of the group, Kid Eternity.

They found out Adrian made a deal with some evil being; Adrian promised the evil being souls (hence why he blew up the island), in exchange for information on Oliver and to foresee the future a little.

Oliver teams up with Shadowpact to save his friends and defeat the evil being. Along the way, Shadowpact finds a way to place the original Laurel's soul into Black Siren's body. At the end, Jason Blood, Zauriel, and Constantine performs a spell to hide William and his mother, but they need to sacrifice a life for the magic power, so Andrew Bennett drinks Evelyn dry.

During this adventure, the running gag is Detective Chimp grooms Felicity's hair, looking for bugs.

Afterwards, Oliver helps Slade find his son, while Shadowpact goes to their next mission: help a young man control his powers named Leonid Kovar.

Yeah, yeah, I know; not going to happen, but I can dream, can't I?

Thank you for your time and patience.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post

Yes, please!

Wonder how's everyone (or most of them) going to survive. Aquaman and his allies save them?

Better still . . . Ragman comes to rescue them along with his new friends, the Shadowpact: Constantine, Demon, Zauriel, Nightshade, Detective Chimp, Andrew Bennett, Neil Gaiman's Black Orchid, and the newest member of the group, Kid Eternity.

They found out Adrian made a deal with some evil being; Adrian promised the evil being souls (hence why he blew up the island), in exchange for information on Oliver and to foresee the future a little.

Oliver teams up with Shadowpact to save his friends and defeat the evil being. Along the way, Shadowpact finds a way to place the original Laurel's soul into Black Siren's body. At the end, Jason Blood, Zauriel, and Constantine performs a spell to hide William and his mother, but they need to sacrifice a life for the magic power, so Andrew Bennett drinks Evelyn dry.

During this adventure, the running gag is Detective Chimp grooms Felicity's hair, looking for bugs.

Afterwards, Oliver helps Slade find his son, while Shadowpact goes to their next mission: help a young man control his powers named Leonid Kovar.

I'm hoping we left that magic crap in season 4.

Retired

I was thinking it could be one of those David Copperfield tricks. Or like something out of NOW YOU SEE ME.

And Malcolm Meryln, being the Magician, could have pulled it off. That makes the old landmine trick a key to the whole illusion--because Malcolm needs a way to get away from the others so he can stage manage the stunt. Digger is probably working with Merlyn on the trick--pretending to side with Chase--the henchmen could be from the League of Assassins.

Note that Malcolm draws Thea's attention to the landmine she's stepped on. Did he intentionally guide her to that exact spot?

Now that Merlyn, Digger and the henchmen have seemed to blow up real good, they can work on the next stage of the plan. This involves putting a large sheet of glass between the island and the boat. Merlyn then creates an illusion of explosions, when in fact the island has been untouched.

Malcolm would have had to already deactivate all the explosives on the island, but if he had people working on the inside in Chase's operation (I'm assuming that Adrian didn't do the work himself--when would he have the time to plant that many explosives--so he must've contracted it out), the explosives might have been dummies all along.

Random thought: what if Black Siren's father, her Earth's Quentin Lance, is also Sportsmaster? It would be interesting to see Paul Blackthorne play a villain even if its for an episode.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Random thought: what if Black Siren's father, her Earth's Quentin Lance, is also Sportsmaster? It would be interesting to see Paul Blackthorne play a villain even if its for an episode.
    Sportsmaster: "sees Renee" I wore the mask first, Hoss.

BANNED

Im down for that - loved what they did with SportsMaster in the YJ cartoon

also Nyssa's back?!?

Retired

I doubt that Quentin Lance is alive on Earth-2. That's why Black Siren was tearing up over her father's doppelganger.

I'd like to see Alex Kingston return, maybe as her Earth-2 counterpart. But that might be one Dinah too many for the show to handle.

Quote Originally Posted by jim kelly View Post
    i was thinking it could be one of those david copperfield tricks. Or like something out of now you see me.

And malcolm meryln, being the magician, could have pulled it off. That makes the old landmine trick a key to the whole illusion--because malcolm needs a way to get away from the others so he can stage manage the stunt. Digger is probably working with merlyn on the trick--pretending to side with chase--the henchmen could be from the league of assassins.

Note that malcolm draws thea's attention to the landmine she's stepped on. Did he intentionally guide her to that exact spot?

Now that merlyn, digger and the henchmen have seemed to blow up real good, they can work on the next stage of the plan. This involves putting a large sheet of glass between the island and the boat. Merlyn then creates an illusion of explosions, when in fact the island has been untouched.

Malcolm would have had to already deactivate all the explosives on the island, but if he had people working on the inside in chase's operation (i'm assuming that adrian didn't do the work himself--when would he have the time to plant that many explosives--so he must've contracted it out), the explosives might have been dummies all along.
    d i g g l e...

I'm ok with supernatural elements in Arrow but I'm hesitant to see it again because I don't think they handled it well in s4. I ended up thinking Damian Darkh might have been better off fighting the Flash and dealing with the metahuman population versus him trying to take over Star City.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm ok with supernatural elements in Arrow but I'm hesitant to see it again because I don't think they handled it well in s4. I ended up thinking Damian Darkh might have been better off fighting the Flash and dealing with the metahuman population versus him trying to take over Star City.
    Honestly, with supergirl and flash, just leave that kinda stuff for them.
    Supergirl and flash for magic/extreme metahumanity
    Arrow/Black Lightning for more grounded stuff that (hopefully) deals with actual topics

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Yeah, that is weird. Off the top of my head, I'm trying to think of a single time Barry has even defeated Thawne. He's either been a sidelined participant, like in the S1 finale, or he's let Thawne loose to accomplish his own goals. Barry's significant victories over Thawne appear to have all happened in the future we have yet to see (and may never, given the timeline alterations?).
    He beat him once in Season 1 (with help), and beat him in the finale for Season 2 (though he had to let him go and kill his mother anyways, which kind of makes that a wash).

Yes, please!

You sold me with Detective Chimp.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    He beat him once in Season 1 (with help), and beat him in the finale for Season 2 (though he had to let him go and kill his mother anyways, which kind of makes that a wash).
    And mid-season 2 he was able to beat the future version of Thawne.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    You sold me with Detective Chimp.
    One of these days I expect him to pop up in the annual Grodd episode .

This was definitely the best season since 2, and I loved the finale. Bring back some of the best antagonists and blow up Lian Yu...yeah! I think we probably could've used a flashback episode with Nyssa and Talia, but I liked their fight. Quentin sure went from being freaked out about seeing his dead daughter to gleefully whacking her over the head quickly (he had so many reasons he wanted to do that?). Ever since how dangerous Black Siren was portrayed on Flash, I think Katie Cassidy has the villain thing down convincingly.

I'm guessing Oliver's training really paid off if Rene was able to do so well against a sword-wielding ninja. I liked that brief bit about Joey and Slade. I'm sure Slade survived (the only people I think probably died are Samantha, Evelyn, Merlyn, and Harkness). If next season is Oliver raising William, helping Slade find Joey, and seeing Rene reconnect with his daughter, that would offer some nice parallels.

Chase's death was shockingly done...I liked the reflection in Oliver's eyes of the gun going off.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'd be curious if they flashbacked to Siren's time on earth 2, showing us what star city was like. Anyone else interested?
    Definitely!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I look at Evelyn as having been in a cult which screwed up her thinking. People in cults will do things that don't make sense to us, but seem logical to them. And I imagine the writers discovered the character was boring, so why waste pages on her when there's interesting characters like Adrian Chase and Rene Ramirez.
    That's probably what happened. And I'm sure Chase lied to her because she seemed to think Oliver would be too dead to come back for her (and Chase's plan didn't seem to involve Oliver dying). I wouldn't say Evelyn was boring, but man, was she mishandled.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I can't imagine Boomerang being killed off. They'll pull something out of their ass to keep him around.
    I can see them killing him off. Sure, he's one of the more recognizable villains on the show thanks to the Suicide Squad movie (but then, so was Deadshot), but he didn't matter too much to the greater Arrowverse. Not much interaction with the Suicide Squad OR the Rogues, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I really liked how the actor played Adrian Chase. But the ideas behind what he was doing were never clear to me. I feel like I'd need to go back and find specific scenes where in his rants he clearly made his point--but I'm not willing to go through hours of video to figure it out. And you'd think the recap at the top of the show would make it clear why this villain wants to teach Oliver these lessons.

I know it was to get back at the Hood for what he did to his father. But it seemed like hurting Ollie wasnt enough. Chase needed Oliver to feel certain things and say certain words. But what exactly would have satisfied him? Every time he got some confession out of Oliver or pushed him to do something--that wasn't quite the thing Chase wanted from him. So what was it?
    What I think made Chase work as a villain wasn't that he was necessarily ten steps ahead but that any loss or setback he experienced meant he had a back-up plan that could still mess with Oliver's mind (I'm sure things like his wife's death or him being exposed as the throwing star killer weren't what he wanted, but he was still able to achieve a kind of victory). In the end, either Oliver would kill him (proving him right) or he'd be able to kill Oliver's friends and cripple him that way. Win win. I think the thing with his father motivated Chase to not want to destroy Oliver's life but prove that his crusade is a lie. Oliver thinks he's going to save the city by killing all the bad men? Chase is going to prove he's worse than all of them and that Oliver's personally causing more damage to the city, his friends, and anyone around him than Chase's father ever did.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    Just because they are done with flashbacks for Oliver I can't imagine this show without another parallel storyline going. They could always go flash forward, flashbacks for other characters, or hell the most obscure choice flash sideways to another universe. I just can't imagine them changing the whole concept of the show but it would be interesting to see it nonetheless.
    I always thought the final season might take place in some kind of future and the flashbacks would be to the present and the final days of Team Arrow.

Well, they are on Purgatory...