Page 437 of 598 FirstFirst ... 337387427433434435436437438439440441447487537 ... LastLast
Results 6,541 to 6,555 of 8959

Thread: Arrow

Retired

I'd say the Prometheus story ended but good. So whatever happens next will be a new plot. Good set up for Deadman.

I'm hoping for a singing cowboy to show up, but not much chance there, I suppose.

BANNED

See, I disagree that the Prometheus story has ended at all.

BANNED

Just finally watched the episodes involving Laurel's death and that stupid shaman woman.

JESUS CHRIST!!!! How in the hell do you have a season where you cement that death is a revolving door, and THEN try to act like its permanent for DRAMA?!!!

Sara was killed off to make way for Laurel, which I was fine with. Then, they decided to bring her back to be on a spinoff series that focused on a team with NO basis in the comics that was essentially a poor man's Doctor Who/Guardians of the Galaxy. To do so, they had to involve an (admittedly decent) crossover with Constantine and use of the Lazarus Pits. This is why I've never like the pits and felt that Nolan Al Ghul was the best version ever because of the lack of them. The Lazarus Pits are a Deus Ex Machina that create a revolving door of death and whose existence makes death meaningless. And they were introduced WAAAAAYYY before comics in general became this way, if anything making them that way.

The "struggle" for Sara's soul (which sounds like a Persona song) wasn't event that hard, so why couldn't....

The use of magic is the worst **** possible. When I think of a show that started as a Batman Begins esque crime drama, I DO NOT automatically think of CHARMED!!!! Forget the Olicity stuff, that was old hat by the end of Season 3. This was actually FUNDAMENTALLY CHANGING THE SHOW'S DNA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LordTrump View Post
    .....I'd allow it.

/thread.
    Barely. Dorian is not a character we "know." But it's not beyond the pale. (But a twin? How cliche can you get?)

Sandy Hausler

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Barely. Dorian is not a character we "know." But it's not beyond the pale. (But a twin? How cliche can you get?)

Sandy Hausler
    Black Siren

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

You know if they are cleaning house a little as far as the bloated cast goes I could see them killing Rene and him asking Quentin on his deathbed to take care of his daughter. Quentin could then adopt her and leave town to get her away from the crazyness of Star City and give her a chance at a fresh start and him a chance to be a dad again.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    You know if they are cleaning house a little as far as the bloated cast goes I could see them killing Rene and him asking Quentin on his deathbed to take care of his daughter. Quentin could then adopt her and leave town to get her away from the crazyness of Star City and give her a chance at a fresh start and him a chance to be a dad again.
    They confirmed Rene's actor as a series regular for next season, so unless they were trying to pull a swerve I imagine he'll still be alive next season and have to deal with his situation with Zoe.

Retired

Everything is a swerve. I'm not sure I trust Manu Bennett saying he wants his own Deathstroke TV show. It's all head games, man.

BANNED

If they kill Quentin or Diggle............

Now Felicity dying!!!!!!........

The "struggle" for Sara's soul (which sounds like a Persona song) wasn't event that hard, so why couldn't....
    I can answer this! Right after they brought Sara back, Nyssa destroyed the Pit- thereby making it impossible to bring back Laurel via the same way.

For the record, I've ALWAYS hated how they killed off Laurel. I especially hated how they treated Katie Cassidy. The writers had no idea who was going to be dead when they showed that grave in 4x01 (a fact they openly bragged about), and they didn't even break the news to Cassidy until they were filming the episode before the one she died in. It was a crappy way to treat an actress who has had to put up with a lot on this show for four years, and a horrible way to treat the audience that wanted to see her fully grow into the Black Canary roll. And while they were expecting a backlash (they were HEAVILY promoting the fact that she was going to be on both Flash as Black Siren, and as a voice actor on the Vixen shorts), I don't think they really realized how bad the backlash would end up being- hence why she's back as a series regular next season.

Spectacular Member

I think that Diggle is one of the safer cast members. There's still a lot of subplots they can do with him and Lyla, especially where Argus is concerned. I also don't see them killing off Felicity, and if certain sources are to be believed, Rene and Dinah are main cast members next season. That leaves Thea, Quentin Lance, Samantha and Slade. Of those, the most likely to die is Samantha. It would force Oliver to be a father to William and could open a lot of storylines, especially those that would have Oliver mope and have him doubt himself as the Green Arrow, at least in the beginning of the season. I also see Slade surviving so Oliver can keep his word and help him find his son, Jericho.

Quote Originally Posted by Enterprise E View Post
    I think that Diggle is one of the safer cast members. There's still a lot of subplots they can do with him and Lyla, especially where Argus is concerned. I also don't see them killing off Felicity, and if certain sources are to be believed, Rene and Dinah are main cast members next season. That leaves Thea, Quentin Lance, Samantha and Slade. Of those, the most likely to die is Samantha. It would force Oliver to be a father to William and could open a lot of storylines, especially those that would have Oliver mope and have him doubt himself as the Green Arrow, at least in the beginning of the season. I also see Slade surviving so Oliver can keep his word and help him find his son, Jericho.
    The theme for season 6 is supposed to be "family," so I could see part of that pertaining to him needing to be a father to William with Samantha gone.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I can answer this! Right after they brought Sara back, Nyssa destroyed the Pit- thereby making it impossible to bring back Laurel via the same way.

For the record, I've ALWAYS hated how they killed off Laurel. I especially hated how they treated Katie Cassidy. The writers had no idea who was going to be dead when they showed that grave in 4x01 (a fact they openly bragged about), and they didn't even break the news to Cassidy until they were filming the episode before the one she died in. It was a crappy way to treat an actress who has had to put up with a lot on this show for four years, and a horrible way to treat the audience that wanted to see her fully grow into the Black Canary roll. And while they were expecting a backlash (they were HEAVILY promoting the fact that she was going to be on both Flash as Black Siren, and as a voice actor on the Vixen shorts), I don't think they really realized how bad the backlash would end up being- hence why she's back as a series regular next season.
    Wtf?!!! How can you even do that? Not even know what you're gonna do, with THAT kinda story?!!! That's just dumb for the writers themselves, you have to build up to these things organically, there was no sort of triumphant tribute of Laurel leading into that.

I'm surprised Cassidy hasn't stormed the hell off, I don't think I'd have the nerves to continue dealing with them. I'd have left and convinced half of the cast to go with me. She's attractive and a decent enough actress to say the least, surely to god they weren't her only real work option to the point where she'd continue to put up with their crap.

Didn't even know who was in the grave, that's some high school creative writing class level stupidity.

And the pit was destroyed. HOW convenient??!!!!!!!
    Destroyed or intact, you do NOT resurrect a character (relatively easily, no less) and in the exact same season, kill off another major character and EXPECT IT TO HAVE IMPACT!!! And that's even IF Laurel's death was done well. It was about as well done as a raw steak.
    Last edited by LordTrump; 06-02-2017 at 07:10 PM.

Black Siren
    Not a twin.

Are you saying that Vigilante is an alternate earth Prometheus?

Sandy Hausler

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Not a twin.

Are you saying that Vigilante is an alternate earth Prometheus?

Sandy Hausler
    Evil twin. Close enough