Page 472 of 598 FirstFirst ... 372422462468469470471472473474475476482522572 ... LastLast
Results 7,066 to 7,080 of 8959

Thread: Arrow

Incredible Member

I don't know if it was bad writing but it felt odd how quick Oliver became convinced that one of his team would turn on him. I felt that Ollie would have had at least a moment of doubt and at least talk to the team before spying on them. It also was odd how Rene made the deal with the FBI about his daughter and not tell Oliver earlier when it was Oliver who got Rene a second chance at a hearing to gain custody of his daughter.

And Diggle seemed a little too surprised when Dinah said talked about Vigilante being her old boyfriend. Didn't she tell already tell Diggle about that?

BANNED

This show really has lost all its steam. Even barring aside the obvious Felicity/Olcity angle it just feels like there's nothing left to do. Infact I hate to say it but Olcity is the only thing that feels logical and has actual progression.
    Thea Queen is usless and I've heard that Willia is looking to get out.
    The villains are pretty bad this season.
    The Vigilante/Dinah subplot makes zero sense.
    The FBI angle is overused and makes even less than zero sense.
    Laurel's character is aimless.
    Curtis is whatever he's always been.

They had an interesting idea with Dig taking on the mantle but they fumbled with its execution. Other than Olcity the only proper arc has been Slade and his son. I really think Arrow needs to be cancelled after this season. Either that or they need to come up with a fresh angle while ditching most of the supporting characters.

Astonishing Member

Ah yes and the whole Black Siren "redemption" thing. Like...I really don't care. She's not our Laurel. I don't need a sob story about her losing people and deciding to become a murdering sociopath. She's not someone who made a mistake or two. She's basically made a bunch of bad choices, and was one of the most dangerous meta's of Earth-2. Like seriously that was how she was introduced in Flash.

Especially since early stuff with the character certainly were done to hint that her story on Earth 2 was largely the same as E-1 Laurel's (at least pre Black Canary) but twisted.

She's basically the loves to kill type of person Prometheus thought Ollie was.

Retired

It seems like the majority of the metas all went evil on Earth-2--must be something in the dark matter on that Earth, turns people bad. It might not be their fault. It could be like an Earth-Three thing, where their Earth is just an evil counterpart. When everyone else on the planet is evil, it's seem unjust to single out one person alone for judgement--they're just normal in terms of their world.

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    I don't know if it was bad writing but it felt odd how quick Oliver became convinced that one of his team would turn on him. I felt that Ollie would have had at least a moment of doubt and at least talk to the team before spying on them. It also was odd how Rene made the deal with the FBI about his daughter and not tell Oliver earlier when it was Oliver who got Rene a second chance at a hearing to gain custody of his daughter.
    Well, they did mention he wanted to avoid what happened with Evelyn, but it did seem kind of odd to see Oliver, at this point in his life, rush to suspect and track everyone.
    And Diggle seemed a little too surprised when Dinah said talked about Vigilante being her old boyfriend. Didn't she tell already tell Diggle about that?
    I thought he was surprised that Dinah was still in contact with him.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It would end with Stephen Amell with a goatee fighting crime as a jolly Emerald Archer Green Arrow
    If he can't evolve to that point while the show is on the air, then yes, this would be the ideal finale.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbatos666 View Post
    This show really has lost all its steam. Even barring aside the obvious Felicity/Olcity angle it just feels like there's nothing left to do. Infact I hate to say it but Olcity is the only thing that feels logical and has actual progression.
    Thea Queen is usless and I've heard that Willia is looking to get out.
    The villains are pretty bad this season.
    The Vigilante/Dinah subplot makes zero sense.
    The FBI angle is overused and makes even less than zero sense.
    Laurel's character is aimless.
    Curtis is whatever he's always been.

They had an interesting idea with Dig taking on the mantle but they fumbled with its execution. Other than Olcity the only proper arc has been Slade and his son. I really think Arrow needs to be cancelled after this season. Either that or they need to come up with a fresh angle while ditching most of the supporting characters.
    I thought the show bounced back last season nicely, after being bored with it for quite a while. This season's still been okay, but I agree with some of what you're saying. The two best things this season have been Slade's arc and the Diggle as Arrow arc.

Not sure how much longer you keep this show going. I've posted this before, but as these shows run out of steam...I think they could move forward with the characters in a "Brave and the Bold" type of show where you have a series that runs for 20 episodes but with tightly written 4 or 5 episode arcs. Each arc could focus on Arrowverse characters...while not making them carry an entire season on their own. You could mix and match from all the shows. Team up The Atom and Cisco if you want. Whatever works. Ollie/Diggle go black ops and have an awesome arc. Team Flash. Whatever you want. You could keep them contained to their particular groups...or crossover.

If they reach the point where the show is winding down, my personal preference would be its re-invention as Green Arrow and Black Canary.

Maybe shuffle some of the supporting cast into roles on other CW shows, as I'd hate to see them disappear. They're all really enjoyable. But I think sometimes ARROW struggles to find an identity with so many players involved.

Also, they tend to use other characters to provide the kind of humor I'd prefer to see from Oliver.

My favorite seasons are still the first and second, which had a focus that subsequent seasons lack. There was a clear character arc with closure when Oliver refused to kill Slade.

Would love to see a Manu Bennett DEATHSTROKE show.

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    If they reach the point where the show is winding down, my personal preference would be its re-invention as Green Arrow and Black Canary.
    Well, it's already the Green Arrow and Felicity show .

Well, it's already the Green Arrow and Felicity show .
    I'd prefer Green Arrow and Black Canary--though with the direction the show has been headed, I half-suspect Felicity will take that role on by the show's conclusion.

I'd prefer Green Arrow and Black Canary--though with the direction the show has been headed, I half-suspect Felicity will take that role on by the show's conclusion.
    I mean, she already has.

I don't think Dinah is ever going to get anywhere near the focus or screentime that Felicity gets, let alone importance to Oliver's life.

I mean, she already has.

I don't think Dinah is ever going to get anywhere near the focus or screentime that Felicity gets, let alone importance to Oliver's life.
    Well, the only other route I see them going is ending the Felicity relationship in the final season.

I'm not sure why they went that route. Even FLASH eventually recognized the historic importance of Barry's relationship with Iris and backed off the will-they-or-won't-they dynamic.

Well, the only other route I see them going is ending the Felicity relationship in the final season.

I'm not sure why they went that route. Even FLASH eventually recognized the historic importance of Barry's relationship with Iris and backed off the will-they-or-won't-they dynamic.
    Well, Felicity has kind of grown into a big creators pet, and I say that as someone who's able to like her despite her less then likeable moments or focus, so I think that had something to do with it.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Talking about a show losing steam...how long has Supernatural been on the air? I think that show has jumped two or three sharks at this point. I like where Arrow is right now personally. The FBI persecution thing does feel like a retread, but I am mildly curious as to where the finish line is for it.

Well, Felicity has kind of grown into a big creators pet, and I say that as someone who's able to like her despite her less then likeable moments or focus, so I think that had something to do with it.
    I like the character, I just don't like the direction she's taken since season three. I think she'd fit better on FLASH. I don't buy into her as Oliver's soulmate, or even a romantic interest. Their chemistry comes across more like a friendship.