Page 476 of 598 FirstFirst ... 376426466472473474475476477478479480486526576 ... LastLast
Results 7,126 to 7,140 of 8959

Thread: Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by QuinnFillory View Post
    http://tvline.com/2018/01/17/arrow-s...-team-breakup/

Does Curtis remember that all of this happened because Rene screwed Oliver over? I guess I am supposed to feel for the newbies, but I don’t.
    Neither do I.

Rene gave up Oliver to spare himself and keep his daughter- a daughter he only has again because of Oliver.

Dinah was consorting with a man who had tried to kill them all several times, a fact that will look even worse when it's revealed he's working with James now (though I have a feeling that he's acting as a mole for Dinah).

Curtis could have kept his happy life and just been tech support, but he wanted to get out in the field- a desire that literally EVERYONE tried to dissuade him from. But he put on a mask, and as a result has lost pretty much everything. And while I do think he has more reason than the other two to be offended by being spied on, he shouldn't have been surprised by it.

Interesting how each new member has someone pulling for them (Dinah-Diggle, Curtis-Felicity, and Rene-Thea), but that Oliver wasn't pulling for any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Interesting how each new member has someone pulling for them (Dinah-Diggle, Curtis-Felicity, and Rene-Thea), but that Oliver wasn't pulling for any of them.
    Probably because he's secretly pulling for Roy to come back (and he will soon) .

Thatvwas a pretty good fight scene.
    On the other hand, Oliver & Co have no clue how to deal with James.
    They are completely out matched.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Mighty Member

Oliver's ex-team's new lair is better than his hideout.

Well, wasn't that fight at the warehouse fucking great!

i'm really digging Cayden James. The guy has that certain something DeVoe from the Flash lacks imO. Also really looking forward towards the new dynamic of 2 Team Arrows. I know many people have been unhappy with Season 6 so far, even calling it Season 4 level of bad, but I surely am not one of them.

Am I the only one who thinks the Huntress might show up. Her gangster cousin has been killed, and his innocent daughter might be in the crosshairs of Cayden James (no one outside the Legion of Meh knows that she's not), so Huntress comes back to take out Cayden before he takes out her last remaining relative.

There's a lot of talk about redemption in last night's episode. Why not some for the Huntress? After all, she is not a lot different from Oliver when he first started out. And now that the Bertinelli crime ring is gone, she no longer has a personal score to settle.

Sandy Hausler

Retired

I was really disappointed to see Louis Ferreira's character killed off by the end (at least it looked that way, hard to read shadows). Ferreira is a good actor and having someone new in the show added life to the plot. I just find Cayden James and the Super-Posse old hat. Black Siren is the only one I care about--and mainly for all the outfits that Katie Cassidy gets to wear.

I'm guessing Vigilante is a double agent. The actor is probably used to playing good looking tough guys--he seems to forget that his face is messed up and even if he isn't traumatized by the change in his appearance (and loss of vision) other people would react to him differently. There's layers to the character that could be explored but don't come through in the performance--he's just the cocky tough guy.

Richard Dragon is a real let down. Even if they have plans for him later in the season, they've already made him into a two dimensional bad guy.

So Team Arrow has two members that have chips in their bodies--seems like something a super-hacker could hack. Meanwhile, the other team chooses a new HQ in the location of a former hacker group--have they swept the whole building to ensure there's no spy-ware?

Retired

Oh yeah, another thing that annoyed me was when they had the audio file and they were going to play it, but they never did. I get the feeling if they had played that, it would have cleared up a lot of mysteries.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Well, wasn't that fight at the warehouse fucking great!

i'm really digging Cayden James. The guy has that certain something DeVoe from the Flash lacks imO. Also really looking forward towards the new dynamic of 2 Team Arrows. I know many people have been unhappy with Season 6 so far, even calling it Season 4 level of bad, but I surely am not one of them.
    Nothing will ever be as bad as season 4. My only complain is Cayden James' motivation- it's been done to death on this show.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks the Huntress might show up. Her gangster cousin has been killed, and his innocent daughter might be in the crosshairs of Cayden James (no one outside the Legion of Meh knows that she's not), so Huntress comes back to take out Cayden before he takes out her last remaining relative.

There's a lot of talk about redemption in last night's episode. Why not some for the Huntress? After all, she is not a lot different from Oliver when he first started out. And now that the Bertinelli crime ring is gone, she no longer has a personal score to settle.

Sandy Hausler
    Guggenheim has talked about wanting to get Jessica De Gouw back for a few episodes this season, and that there is a perfect place to use her. I'd kinda like to see the team of Oliver, Diggle, Roy and Helena out there (and Thea if she gets back into fighting shape by then).

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I was really disappointed to see Louis Ferreira's character killed off by the end (at least it looked that way, hard to read shadows). Ferreira is a good actor and having someone new in the show added life to the plot. I just find Cayden James and the Super-Posse old hat. Black Siren is the only one I care about--and mainly for all the outfits that Katie Cassidy gets to wear.

I'm guessing Vigilante is a double agent. The actor is probably used to playing good looking tough guys--he seems to forget that his face is messed up and even if he isn't traumatized by the change in his appearance (and loss of vision) other people would react to him differently. There's layers to the character that could be explored but don't come through in the performance--he's just the cocky tough guy.

Richard Dragon is a real let down. Even if they have plans for him later in the season, they've already made him into a two dimensional bad guy.

So Team Arrow has two members that have chips in their bodies--seems like something a super-hacker could hack. Meanwhile, the other team chooses a new HQ in the location of a former hacker group--have they swept the whole building to ensure there's no spy-ware?
    Agreed on Katie and those outfits. I'm in love.

The problem with doing a team of villains now is that they will all be compared to the Legion of Doom, which was comprised of three very heavy hitters and tremedous actors (Thawne, Malcolm and Darhk), and then Cold when they finally had him show up (much too late IMO). By comparison, the only two people on Cayden's crew that we really care about is Black Siren and Anatoly. Vigilante is only interesting in that we wonder when and if he'll be revealed as a double agent (I'm willing to bet he's going to feed information to Dinah). Richard Dragon hasn't done anything to make me care about him one way or another, other than pointing out the obvious fact that letting Oliver escape was a stupid move.

Side note- I know that Roy is coming back, and Helena might be coming back if they can work out a deal, but when the final fight happens, I'd love for The Flash, Supergirl, and the Legends show up to help out for one episode. "You got a posse? We'll mines BIGGER!"

Retired

Another thing that struck me watching this episode was that Felicity and Oliver didn't act like they were married. It was like that fact was completely forgotten. Which makes me wonder what it was all for--finally getting these two hitched, only to have them act exactly the same as they did before. I guess marriage isn't all that it's cracked up to be.

, I'd love for The Flash, Supergirl, and the Legends show up to help out for one episode. "You got a posse? We'll mines BIGGER!"
    Realistically Flash and Supergirl could take out all of Cayden James army in about the time it took them to change from their civvies to their costumes in the mid season promotion video.

Another thing that struck me watching this episode was that Felicity and Oliver didn't act like they were married. It was like that fact was completely forgotten. Which makes me wonder what it was all for--finally getting these two hitched, only to have them act exactly the same as they did before. I guess marriage isn't all that it's cracked up to be.
    Why would they act any different once they were married? In what ways were you expecting them to change?

They really need to give Katie Cassidy more to do than just stand there and smile menacingly.

Loved laurels line about how she is sick of no one killing him when they have the chance
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

I think that's the first time they've referenced Helena since season 2. So she's gone "underground?" Is that a reference to Huntress becoming an agent of Argus?

Poor Dinah. Though even she should've realized from the start how this thing with Vince was never going to end well, especially when he started acting out-of-characters seemingly just to please her .

So...exactly why is Vigilante working with the Legion of Meh? Even Oliver pointed out it didn't really make sense given his MO. His response made it sound like he was there to get back at Oliver.

If they wanted a random Star City thug to work with Cayden James, there were better options then just taking the name of the New 52 Richard Dragon and then just turning him into such an unremarkable character. Heck, why not bring in Count Vertigo instead? At least then we get Peter Stormare.

If I was Rene I would be more worried about finding income to support Zoey now that he's lost his job, not that I can really blame Lance for firing him.

The fact that Cayden James probably gave the evidence on Rene to Watson seems to all but confirm he's the one who leaked that photo of Oliver to the press that ended up sicking Watson on Ollie.

It was nice to get more of Thea and Quentin together, since their relationship has always been really sweet to watch. Though Thea, as a surrogate daughter, supporting Lance as he deals with Earth-2 Laurel made me think how much Lance could probably have used Sara for comfort and support while she was off gallivanting with the Legends. Especially after Laurel died. And that Sara still doesn't know about Black Siren.

The warehouse fight was pretty awesome, particularly so for showcasing once again just how effective and capable Oliver can be solo. Sure he ended up getting overwhelmed by Cayden's forces, but he still did a pretty bang-up job, and still managed to figure a way out .

So Oliver acts like a mature adult and acknowledges he messed up and that there's blame to go around the entire team...and then they just basically say "forget it" and go off on their own. Right after he also emphasized that they're dealing with a united front of villains that he couldn't take on alone. Even though Oliver also pointed out that Dinah still kept her contact with Vince a secret and Rene still betrayed Oliver. How do the newbies still feel more trust with each other then they do with Oliver ?

I don't see this two teams situation working out well. I mean, Oliver was obviously supportive and accepting of them going out on their own but I don't see the two teams coordinating well and their dysfunction and disunity, as Felicity emphasized, is exactly what Cayden wants.

At least we've got Green Arrow and Spartan back together.
    He would've been cool as a recurring mafia character that Green Arrow has to deal with (even if obviously the writers didn't have that kind of foresight or plan).
    Guggenheim has talked about wanting to get Jessica De Gouw back for a few episodes this season, and that there is a perfect place to use her. I'd kinda like to see the team of Oliver, Diggle, Roy and Helena out there (and Thea if she gets back into fighting shape by then).
    I would love to see Oliver re-build a new Team Arrow out of his old partners to match the newbies team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Why would they act any different once they were married? In what ways were you expecting them to change?
    I think if they were going to make the wedding between the two such a big deal, then they should probably try and emphasize that their relationship has changed rather then show the two acting the same way they do even when they're not together.

Certainly Barry and Iris' marriage is still very relevant to The Flash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    They really need to give Katie Cassidy more to do than just stand there and smile menacingly.
    Could be worse. At least she does more then that one member of the Legion of Meh who just seems to be there to stand around.

Incredible Member

What I found strange is that Felicity still has her old apartment. Shouldn't she have moved in with Oliver and his son by now? Or is that supposed to be the temp HQ for her and Curtis' Helix corp.?