Page 478 of 598 FirstFirst ... 378428468474475476477478479480481482488528578 ... LastLast
Results 7,156 to 7,170 of 8959

Thread: Arrow

Astonishing Member

I thought the Queen cash was restored at some point since then? Hmmm...

Ah well. Either way she also has the help of whatever money Ollie makes as a Mayor under investigation at least then. :P

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post

Ah well. Either way she also has the help of whatever money Ollie makes as a Mayor under investigation at least then. :P
    Only known mayoral positions to be unpaid gigs. Dunno that it's different in Arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post

Yea i dont think so, and also mayors get paid well. More then the average person but its varys

They never really addressed Ollie's income issue after he lost his company and they made it a point to emphasize he and Thea were broke, though he still seemed to be able to afford stuff that no person with a reasonable income could afford, though I guess Thea had access to the Merlyn fortune in season 3 and Felicity had PalmerTech resources in season 4 which probably helped.

But I imagine a lot of his mayoral income goes to living expenses and Green Arrow stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They never really addressed Ollie's income issue after he lost his company and they made it a point to emphasize he and Thea were broke, though he still seemed to be able to afford stuff that no person with a reasonable income could afford, though I guess Thea had access to the Merlyn fortune in season 3 and Felicity had PalmerTech resources in season 4 which probably helped.

But I imagine a lot of his mayoral income goes to living expenses and Green Arrow stuff.
    He lives in a major city i wouldnt be surprised if he makes 200k a year but yea that aint bank rolling team arrow i assume felecity and thea do

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Interesting perspective

Why The CW Needs To Cancel Arrow

https://screenrant.com/cw-should-cancel-arrow/

Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Ollie 1962 View Post
    Interesting perspective

Why The CW Needs To Cancel Arrow

https://screenrant.com/cw-should-cancel-arrow/
    Screen Rant loves them there click bait articles that get people all triggered almost as much as CBR.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

The money thing always confused me. Ollie has no money. It may be that Merlyn socked away some money in Swiss accounts, and that is what Thea and Ollie live on. But the Merlyn fortune is unlikely to be available to them. He killed a huge number of people in season one, and the Merlyn fortune would have to pay judgments against it. (Besides, has Thea revealed to the world that she's Malcolm Merlyn's daughter? If she has not, then she would not be considered an heir to his fortune (such as it is).)

Felicity, on the other hand, may have money. Just because she was fired as head of Palmer Tech doesn't mean that she doesn't have her stock in the company. But of course, unless the company is paying dividends, she does not have cash without selling the stock. (As a major, if not majority, shareholder, Felicity could likely get her job back, by voting out the bozos who fired her, and replacing them with friendly directors. But corporate governance is not the strong suit of Arrow writers.)

Sandy Hausler

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Didn't she make a comment this season...last season maybe, about burning through the money she had from Palmer Tech, hence the reason for the start up with Curtis?

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Didn't she make a comment this season...last season maybe, about burning through the money she had from Palmer Tech, hence the reason for the start up with Curtis?
    Yep. It was early into the season where they went over what Team Arrow does for income.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Wow a new twist.

Mighty Member

Oliver Queen you buffoon!!!! You don't give ten million dollars to a terrorist.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    The money thing always confused me. Ollie has no money. It may be that Merlyn socked away some money in Swiss accounts, and that is what Thea and Ollie live on. But the Merlyn fortune is unlikely to be available to them. He killed a huge number of people in season one, and the Merlyn fortune would have to pay judgments against it. (Besides, has Thea revealed to the world that she's Malcolm Merlyn's daughter? If she has not, then she would not be considered an heir to his fortune (such as it is).)

Felicity, on the other hand, may have money. Just because she was fired as head of Palmer Tech doesn't mean that she doesn't have her stock in the company. But of course, unless the company is paying dividends, she does not have cash without selling the stock. (As a major, if not majority, shareholder, Felicity could likely get her job back, by voting out the bozos who fired her, and replacing them with friendly directors. But corporate governance is not the strong suit of Arrow writers.)

Sandy Hausler
    Here is what I've been able to piece together in regards to their finances:

Oliver lost the bulk of the Queen fortune when he lost his company, but he didn't loose ALL of it. He basically went from Billionaire to Millionaire.

While the bulk of Merlyn's fortune may have been seized by the government in the aftermath of the Undertaking, he still had some assets and had much more hidden away. Thea 'inherited' his public assets and probably has some control over his hidden assets, meaning she has the most money of the two.

Felicity lived on her severance and the profits she received from Palmer Tech for about a year, but it looks like Palmer Tech went under and her funds dried up.

So Oliver (and Felicity) are millionaires, and Thea is either a millionaire or a billionaire depending on how much Malcolm squirled away.

So Cayden received evidence that Oliver killed his son on a USB drive that was mailed from Corto Maltese? So either Malcolm is still alive, or he set his final revenge in motion before he died. And a cyber terrorist has attacked a major American city and shut down its infrastructure? Gee, this would be something the FBI should be looking into.....

The FBI is too busy investigating Oliver Queen to worry about something as trivial as a major city under siege by a known terrorist.