Page 480 of 598 FirstFirst ... 380430470476477478479480481482483484490530580 ... LastLast
Results 7,186 to 7,200 of 8959

Thread: Arrow

Retired

I compare ARROW to ARROW and to other CW shows in the same territory. I never was going to watch the series originally, but then I watched the pilot, expecting it to be bad and when it wasn't and I found it had something I liked, I kept watching. It wasn't on the level of high budget TV shows set in the real world, but it did have a lot of interesting ideas drawn from great literature.

And when I compare the latest seasons to the first two seasons, that's where it doesn't stand up. But I grant that the fight choreography is very good--although I'm not an expert on that sort of thing and I'm probably missing a lot on that score.

In hindsight, even though it was very powerful at the time, killing off Moira Queen was the biggest mistake the series has made--it was all downhill from there and the killing of Laurel was just further proof of that.

I wonder if Mr. Terrific is in danger of getting killed off. Given the logic of the show, it would serve the plot if Curtis died for his friends--because he's the only one from the two current teams that never did anything wrong. He's the innocent. So it stirs up the drama if they all lose their friend, who is the best of them. And that would bring them together in a common cause.

Not that I want Mr. Terrific to die--Echo Kellum seems like a nice guy in real life, as well as on the show. But I could see reasons why they might want to kill the character off. He's not really a good Mr. Terrific. In the comics, Michael Holt is the third smartest man on Earth, he has a certain gravitas. Curtis is not at all like Michael. And the one thing they stuck with from the comics, the T mask, is the one thing I never liked about Michael's costume. I thought it looked stupid in the comics and it looks even more stupid on screen. Plus there are all these other problems with the realization of Mr. Terrific like his hair.

And it could be that DC's top brass want something more high profile for Mr. Terrific, given he's one of their few top drawer African-American super-heroes. He's the kind of character they could use in a movie or on the BLACK LIGHTINING series.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    Him and the other god awful supporting characters are why I stopped watching. I really wish most of them would have been blown up on that island last season and we would have a return to Oliver, Diggle, and Thea or Roy.
    I like the recruits as characters but I don't think this plot is doing them a lot of favors.

Fantastic Member

Wait, those two are popular? Since when?

This was in response to an earlier post about why the recruits are being written the way they are.
    Last edited by QuinnFillory; 01-27-2018 at 11:56 AM.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Don't tease me with the outsiders and then take it away
    Ditto.

Although, in my small weird opinion, it would have been more funny if Curtis said wanted the team name to be the Terrifics; then the others complain how the name won't work. Like Dianh saying it's egotistical naming the team after himself and Rene saying it sounds like a Motown group, but that's my small weird opinion and me.

I miss Ragman .

Retired

Team Arrow and Team Flash are rather lazy names. They just take the main character's codename and put team in front of it. They ought to do better.

The Outsiders joke got a laugh out of me. It shows that Dinah can make a cultural reference--instead of always talking about cops and robbers. But if the CW is going to use the Ousiders, it would be for something more high profile, I should think.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Team Arrow and Team Flash are rather lazy names. They just take the main character's codename and put team in front of it. They ought to do better.

The Outsiders joke got a laugh out of me. It shows that Dinah can make a cultural reference--instead of always talking about cops and robbers. But if the CW is going to use the Ousiders, it would be for something more high profile, I should think.
    At least Supergirl has the DEO so that some writer doesn't think of creating Team Supergirl.

I like how they're straight and to the point, though they were more of an out-of-universe thing then an in-universe thing until later in the show's run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    At least Supergirl has the DEO so that some writer doesn't think of creating Team Supergirl.
    I remember them calling Kara, Jimmy, and Winn (back when that was a thing) Team Supergirl.

Now the DEO is basically Team Supergirl.

Retired

The fifth season was, in my opinion, the best since the first two seasons. It probably would have been better if they had a clearer plan throughout the season instead of switching what they planned for Adrian Chase and Vigilante. Yet it seems odd that this season they're using many of the same ideas but undermining them.

In season 5, what gives it some weight is that Oliver has to face up to the consequences of what he actually did as the Hood and come clean about his actions. Whereas, as we saw in the latest episode of season 6, Oliver is just being set up for the murder of Cayden's son and he didn't actuallly do it--so it lets Oliver off the hook.

The writers are stealing ideas from the previous season and cheapening them.

Astonishing Member

The name Outsiders being joked about was just weird. They're not Outsiders in any real way. And none have been members in the comics as near as I know it.

I do actually hope Vigilante is doing what he says he is. It'd definitely make him a lot cooler and likable. I mean I'l admit I was already laughing that it seemed impossible that he was actually NOT killing the criminals.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    The name Outsiders being joked about was just weird. They're not Outsiders in any real way. And none have been members in the comics as near as I know it.
    They were now outside of Oliver's team.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    They were now outside of Oliver's team.
    Which I sort of get but that's pretty flimsy of an excuse for the name. They may as well call themselves the Not-Arrow Squad at that point. XD

At least Batman named them the Outsiders in the comics since they could work outside of what the Justice League couldn't or wouldn't do.

Retired

Using established DC team names, Team Flash should be rebranded as the Darkstars (dark matter + STAR Labs). Or maybe the Lab Rats (STAR spelled backwards plus Lab). Team Arrow can be the Green Team and the other team could be the Dingbats (of Danger Street).

You know, before there was Batman and the Outsiders, there was another team of Outsiders in issue 10 of 1ST ISSUE SPECIAL. That was the same title that had the Green Team (in issue 2) and the Dingbats (in issue 6). But those Outsiders were truly shocking. I think that comic more than any other freaked me out the most. And the jury's still out on whether this team of mutants was in good taste or not.

The fifth season was, in my opinion, the best since the first two seasons. It probably would have been better if they had a clearer plan throughout the season instead of switching what they planned for Adrian Chase and Vigilante. Yet it seems odd that this season they're using many of the same ideas but undermining them.

In season 5, what gives it some weight is that Oliver has to face up to the consequences of what he actually did as the Hood and come clean about his actions. Whereas, as we saw in the latest episode of season 6, Oliver is just being set up for the murder of Cayden's son and he didn't actuallly do it--so it lets Oliver off the hook.

The writers are stealing ideas from the previous season and cheapening them.
    I wouldn't say it's cheapening them.

I honestly appreciate that they're not doing the exact same motivation or premise with Cayden that they did with Prometheus.
    Using established DC team names, Team Flash should be rebranded as the Darkstars (dark matter + STAR Labs). Or maybe the Lab Rats (STAR spelled backwards plus Lab). Team Arrow can be the Green Team and the other team could be the Dingbats (of Danger Street).
    Honestly, these make me glad we've got the team names we have .

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wouldn't say it's cheapening them.

I honestly appreciate that they're not doing the exact same motivation or premise with Cayden that they did with Prometheus.
    But why go down the same road? The first time was impactful, the second time around is been there done that. And we already know that Team Arrow are responsible for the deaths of many--so there are enough people out there that would have a legit grudge against them. No need to manufacture one.

I'd rather see them try to do something completely different this season instead of a collection of their greatest hits. Are they on a farewell tour?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Honestly, these make me glad we've got the team names we have .
    What? So I don't even deserve a pat on the back for remembering all those DC teams. There should be some award of merit for that. Hmph.

But why go down the same road? The first time was impactful, the second time around is been there done that. And we already know that Team Arrow are responsible for the deaths of many--so there are enough people out there that would have a legit grudge against them. No need to manufacture one.

I'd rather see them try to do something completely different this season instead of a collection of their greatest hits. Are they on a farewell tour?
    Given Cayden is apparently being manipulated by an outside party I imagine his status as the main villain will be tenuous, so I'm waiting to see who's behind the man.
    What? So I don't even deserve a pat on the back for remembering all those DC teams. There should be some award of merit for that. Hmph.
    I don't think the names would work on the shows but I applaud your remembrance of DCU history .