Page 481 of 598 FirstFirst ... 381431471477478479480481482483484485491531581 ... LastLast
Results 7,201 to 7,215 of 8959

Thread: Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Which I sort of get but that's pretty flimsy of an excuse for the name. They may as well call themselves the Not-Arrow Squad at that point. XD

At least Batman named them the Outsiders in the comics since they could work outside of what the Justice League couldn't or wouldn't do.
    Well they are working outside what Green Arrow can't or won't do, however half-assed a job they are doing at it. But it's not like they liked the idea of naming themselves that, in that the name was rejected.

If there is another antagonist who is orchestrating this whole Cayden James thinks Oliver killed his son thing, then I hope she's a female, since this show has never had a main female antagonist. I thought that maybe Black Siren would be the main villain this season, but she's just a lackey.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    If there is another antagonist who is orchestrating this whole Cayden James thinks Oliver killed his son thing, then I hope she's a female, since this show has never had a main female antagonist. I thought that maybe Black Siren would be the main villain this season, but she's just a lackey.
    I was a little bummed they didn't do as much with Talia since she was basically behind Prometheus, more or less.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I was a little bummed they didn't do as much with Talia since she was basically behind Prometheus, more or less.
    Same here. They really dropped the ball on that one.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Could Talia also be the one duping Cayden James?

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Could Talia also be the one duping Cayden James?
    Given she probably survived the Lian Yu explosion...possibly?

I definitely like William a lot more now. He's not one note or anything, and while it's understandable he doesn't want Ollie hurt or killed, he can't help but think about how badass his father is in action. Diggle still wants to be Green Arrow permanently, though, that's interesting. Not sure if I prefer this new Spartan uniform to the old one.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Anyone notice the nod to Lost with Cayden James going undercover as Ben Gale last night?
    That was funny. Ben Linus + Henry Gale = Ben Gale.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Maybe I despise Cayden James so much because of his name. All my life I've had people mix up my name and call me Kelly James. This guy is nearly my Reverse-Flash.
    Haha, that's kind of funny. I mean, I'm sure it was annoying to you. I once worked with a woman named Kelly Carey and kept accidentally referring to her as Carrie Kelley.

I doubt Cayden would have let Vigilante in if he didn't have his absolute loyalty, so I'm guessing Vince is still playing Dinah, and this is just him pushing her other buttons. But Vince being undercover does make more sense then whatever ambiguous reasoning for why he's working with a bunch of criminals.

Is anyone going to miss that random guy Vigilante killed at the end? He seemed like he was just there so that the Legion of Meh would have another body.
    Considering no one even knew his name or what he brought to the table...nope. As for Vince still being loyal to James, I think it's a possibility. It'd be one thing if he didn't want to tell Dinah because he knew she was being watched and her anger and betrayal had to look real, but his excuse was he was going to tell her and didn't find the right time? That's flimsy.

In hindsight, even though it was very powerful at the time, killing off Moira Queen was the biggest mistake the series has made--it was all downhill from there and the killing of Laurel was just further proof of that.

I wonder if Mr. Terrific is in danger of getting killed off. Given the logic of the show, it would serve the plot if Curtis died for his friends--because he's the only one from the two current teams that never did anything wrong. He's the innocent. So it stirs up the drama if they all lose their friend, who is the best of them. And that would bring them together in a common cause.
    Moira was a great character, but I think killing her off was the right thing to do to age Ollie and make him take on more responsibility. I could see them killing off Curtis (or even Rene) since they do so love to kill off major characters every season or so. I don't want him to die, though. Also, the issue of killing off Curtis wouldn't be offing the African American guy, it'd be offing the LGBT guy.

I like how they're straight and to the point, though they were more of an out-of-universe thing then an in-universe thing until later in the show's run.

I remember them calling Kara, Jimmy, and Winn (back when that was a thing) Team Supergirl.
    The original reasons made sense. "Team Arrow" was Green Arrow's support team, "Team Flash" were the tech guys back at Star Labs giving Flash help. But when "Team Flash" is Flash, Vibe, Killer Frost, and Elongated Man, they're less a support team and more an actual super team.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    My favorite female antagonist on this show is still China White, but she was only recurring and never made it to Big Bad status.

Retired

I think Vigilante is a double double double agent--or is that a sextuple agent? He's so deep undercover, he probably doesn't know himself what side he's on. He's an ex-cop who was undercover as a bad guy who apparently died who went rogue who took out bad guys who sided with bad guys who went over to the good guys who . . .

It's hard to keep track.

I think Vigilante is a double double double agent--or is that a sextuple agent? He's so deep undercover, he probably doesn't know himself what side he's on. He's an ex-cop who was undercover as a bad guy who apparently died who went rogue who took out bad guys who sided with bad guys who went over to the good guys who . . .

It's hard to keep track.
    I kinda miss when Vigilante was just a nutty guy out to kill criminals .

It's not that Team Arrow is so outmatched. It's that they don't even consider they are being tricked or out foxed.

How many times has James set them up? And how many times will they charge ahead without thinking they might be set up?

They are trying to out stupid Team Flash.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 02-01-2018 at 08:11 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Mighty Member

Watching Vigilante's death made my ears hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Watching Vigilante's death made my ears hurt.
    His, too. HI-O!

Spectacular Member

I think that Laurel is doomed to die some time this season. The only question is whether or not she'll get a Redemption Equals Death scenario, or if she's evil to the end. Personally, for me, there's no coming back for her now, though. She hasn't just killed faceless people now. Now, she killed a named good guy who was trying to stop the villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Enterprise E View Post
    I think that Laurel is doomed to die some time this season. The only question is whether or not she'll get a Redemption Equals Death scenario, or if she's evil to the end. Personally, for me, there's no coming back for her now, though. She hasn't just killed faceless people now. Now, she killed a named good guy who was trying to stop the villain.
    But did you get that she didn't look happy doing it? Both before and after, she didn't look like she was getting the kind of joy she got killing those other people a few episodes ago. I think either Cayden is directly threatening Lance again, or perhaps whoever healed her also has the power to kill her again and Cayden is holding that over her head. Does it make up for killing Vince? No, not really. But if they do go with a redemption arc, this would be just one more thing that she has to atone for.

Astonishing Member

I still don't care about this Black Siren redemption arc. It's dumb and while I get the idea you may as well hunt other world versions of yourselves and help them too if you're willing to do so with this Laurel.

I'm still not remotely caring for faux Black Canary either. Vigilante and his relationship with her was actually getting me to warm up to her since the two would make a really fun duo and it'd be a nice way of having her grown as a character since she's just a meh Laurel replacement.

Vigilante was literally the only interesting thing of these 3 and now he's "dead". Oh well.