Page 483 of 598 FirstFirst ... 383433473479480481482483484485486487493533583 ... LastLast
Results 7,231 to 7,245 of 8959

Thread: Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I think the only WRONG call was splitting up the team. If everyone went with Oliver, they probably would've been able to reach the bomb. It's also entirely possible that if everyone went to save Vince, he'd be saved. However, Vince was aware that he could've been killed and thought his life was worth locating the bomb, so going after him was the wrong thing to do.
    The thing is as it turned out, Vince had saved himself. He had escaped his captures and was on his way out when he met up with Dinah. It was Dinah that delayed his escape and ended up getting him killed.
    If they had gone after the bomb, Vince would still be alive.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Well, I guess now we know where Vince's loyalty really was! It was unlikely he would've been able to keep up the charade very long, though. Cayden James did point out how strange it was that he'd join with him given Vigilante's motivations, so the minute things start going wrong, Vince would be the first person to suspect. I'm still wondering why James was so convinced about that poorly edited and unverified video of his son's death. Maybe that's what the "All For Nothing" title was actually referring to.
    When it turned out Vigilante was working with Cayden's group that seemed to be the motivation most people latched onto to make sense of why he would throw in with a bunch of criminals. So I guess the Arrow writers should be complimented for going that route even if it should've been a red flag to James and company.

Although if Cayden is really as smart and as good of a hacker as he is, it is kind of hard to believe that he would fall for a fake video his son's death.
    The thing I don't get was Rene and Dinah not wanting to be in the Arrowcave because of "PTSD" or whatever and saying they were going to leave, but then they never actually left. Still, I really believed Dinah's despair at the end, and I'm looking forward to seeing how her vendetta plays out.
    And, really, the Arrowcave is what gives them "PTSD?" If anything from their lives should do that it's Central City for Dinah or Lian Yu for the both of them.
    I wonder if these villains would've been more effective and threatening if there wasn't one specific leader calling the shots every episode? For example, we could've had Anatoli be the one to bring intel about Team Arrow and their secrets rather than have Cayden James as the mastermind. Richard Dragon should be the Spartan of the team, so have an episode that really parallels him and Diggle while he has some sort of plot against Star City that comes close to working. As for Black Siren, guessing she's there to give Lance a personal stake in it.
    I thought they were a team of equals, but it does seem like Cayden is pretty unanimously running the show.

Black Siren is basically Cayden's personal muscle, and the only one he can trust after Vigilante turned out to be a traitor.
    I feel like Quentin still doesn't get the idea that this is a completely different person who lead a completely different life and he still thinks his Laurel is "in there somewhere". I liked how the projection of our Laurel showed up on Siren's face and her freakout. I doubt Black Siren can be redeemed, she's killed too many people at this point, but it's possible she'll die saving Quentin.
    Well, he probably still doesn't understand the whole "alternate Earth's" thing, so I guess that's consistent .

Retired

Maybe they covered this earlier in the season and I forgot it, but if I was writing the super-hacker then he'd have hacked everyone on his team and hold things over their heads to force them to throw in with him. Including Vigilante.

But last season, the super-hacker was kept on ice by the feds, right? So he would be out of the loop as far as up-to-date hacks go. I mean he had to get up to speed pretty quick to do that random typing on keyboards that's supposed to pass for hacking.

Again, if I was writing the character, he would be installed in a special room--unhackable from the outside. And he'd just be in there day and night, never leaving. His minions would bring him food--he'd have a toilet in the corner. His personal hygiene would be awful. But he'd just be sat at a bank of computers and special devices on constant watch for intell he could use and commanding all the operations from there.

This was the best episode of Season 6 so far. I wonder how many people still think Evil Laurel will be redeemed xP

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    This dick recruits thing, mostly Rene is getting really old fast. Like, guys, you are out on your own, like you wanted, STFU, stop being dicks. It ain't helping.
    Getting tired of WhineDog and the OutWhiners as well.

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    "I'm getting PTSD just being here."

Normally, I'm pretty tolerant of bad character moments, but even I'm getting sick and tired of all of this crap.

And let's see. A bomb that, if set off, would destroy the city, or a guy that voluntarily went on a (potentially) suicide mission, fully aware of what he was risking?

Hmmm. I know! Let's keep being petty and all but make sure Ollie and Diggle fail at getting to the bomb!
    Yeah. I cringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post

Normally, I'm pretty tolerant of bad character moments, but even I'm getting sick and tired of all of this crap.

And let's see. A bomb that, if set off, would destroy the city, or a guy that voluntarily went on a (potentially) suicide mission, fully aware of what he was risking?

Hmmm. I know! Let's keep being petty and all but make sure Ollie and Diggle fail at getting to the bomb!
    Yeah. I cringed.
    Yes, it isn't so much that Cayden James is all that clever of a villain but that the heroes are so incredibly incompetent and stupid.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    This was the best episode of Season 6 so far. I wonder how many people still think Evil Laurel will be redeemed xP
    Honestly as much as I hate it they definitely seem to be building up to Black Siren having SOME kind of turn to the light (though probably not joining the team).

Which annoys me to no end. I hope they don't but then this build up would only have been more annoying since I already don't want to see Black Siren. :P

I think the writers are doing their best at trying to go back on Black Siren being one of the most dangerous metas of Earth 2's Central City while still playing up her danger.

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post

Yeah. I cringed.
    Yeah, I'm pretty much done with the split Team Arrow thing at this point.

Retired

Given all the magic they've had on these shows--if they really wanted to retcon away Laurel's death, her soul could take over the body of Black Siren. Or two souls could be trapped in one body--which would be better (if somewhat far-out) as it would give Cassidy more to do as an actress--the two souls inside her warring for control.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Given all the magic they've had on these shows--if they really wanted to retcon away Laurel's death, her soul could take over the body of Black Siren. Or two souls could be trapped in one body--which would be better (if somewhat far-out) as it would give Cassidy more to do as an actress--the two souls inside her warring for control.
    Sounds a bit like the Caitlin/Killer Frost dynamic on The Flash.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

True; or to connect to Sara, after the battle with Mallus, a side effect from fixing the Anchorisms (forgive my spelling), Laurel's death never happened.

I strongly believe if Ragman was still around, the team split would not happen. Is he ever going to come back?

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Sounds a bit like the Caitlin/Killer Frost dynamic on The Flash.
    Quite. At first I thought that Laurel's soul could replace Black Siren's--as was somewhat done with Kendra/Shiera in the comics. But I realize that would just get Laurel back to being a boring character and getting killed all over again. The two souls in one person gives them more story. But it is a little like Caitlin, except she's one soul split in two.

Quite. At first I thought that Laurel's soul could replace Black Siren's--as was somewhat done with Kendra/Shiera in the comics. But I realize that would just get Laurel back to being a boring character and getting killed all over again. The two souls in one person gives them more story. But it is a little like Caitlin, except she's one soul split in two.
    Should Black Siren be killed or redeemed? I think at this point just maintaining the status quo would also be boring.

Astonishing Member

I think the main problem is, is that there's no actual in story reason Evil!Laurel wasn't vibed back to Earth-2 anyway. Whether she dies or turns to good it makes no difference...she's not our Laurel. She doesn't matter. Like at all.

But the show's in a catch 22 since short of actually resurrecting Laurel this is the only way Katie Cassidy can remain on the show at all.

Also I don't really even care about who's framed Ollie for killing Cayden's son. I assume it's Anatoly simply because of course it is. And while Nyssa's apparently coming back I can't see it being her. Or Talia somehow.

Though I was for a while assuming it'd simply be a plan Prometheus put into place in case of his death. So that Ollie unlike in others stories really WOULDN'T have anyone to fight like he'd hope to.