Page 486 of 598 FirstFirst ... 386436476482483484485486487488489490496536586 ... LastLast
Results 7,276 to 7,290 of 8959

Thread: Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Sorry, I can't find anything tragic in a man who killed dozens of people. People who were also sons, and fathers and daughters and mothers... He was a demented monster who deserved worse.

Diaz and Laurel should also pay dearly for their crimes.
    'Tragic' doesn't mean he should be forgiven. Malcolm Merlyn was also tragic and even Adrian Chase to a degree.
    Both were still scumbags.

I fully agree on Laurel having to pay (Diaz should be a no-brainer). Quentin is clearly deluding himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    So if James gave Oliver the bank numbers so he could get back all Star City's money--then Anatoly ended up with bupkis.

What was it all for Anatoly? What was it all for?
    Anatoly wanted Money to get back his Pakhan Position in Bratva.... He'll be back, he wants his position of Power back and Bratva wanted proof that he'd betray Oliver

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Anatoly wanted Money to get back his Pakhan Position in Bratva.... He'll be back, he wants his position of Power back and Bratva wanted proof that he'd betray Oliver
    I kinda hope Oliver pays him on the sly, if only to make peace with a former friend.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I kinda hope Oliver pays him on the sly, if only to make peace with a former friend.
    Nah, Currently Oliver's relationship with Anatoly is the only reason he's still breathing. I'm willing to bet that Anatoly will cross the line and become a Monster- Not an 'Honorable Man' and then he'll be the main villain in the Final Season

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    'Tragic' doesn't mean he should be forgiven. Malcolm Merlyn was also tragic and even Adrian Chase to a degree.
    Both were still scumbags.

I fully agree on Laurel having to pay (Diaz should be a no-brainer). Quentin is clearly deluding himself.
    See, to me tragic would be if he was a good man that a tragedy changed. The flashbacks showed he was always a criminal. And not a good father either.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Retired

In his former life, James was a criminal in that he broke federal laws, but there was no indication that he ever caused anyone's death*. And he was motivated to do good (I assume). What beggars the imagination is that, just because he thought his son was killed by accident, he was willing to throw out his morals and kill millions of people to get revenge for his son's murder.

So I don't know what they were trying to accomplish by giving him this back story. Was it supposed to build up empathy for the character, so we would feel something when he died? Whatever good there might have been in him, that wasn't there anymore and he was guilty as sin. It's only tragic because he died before he could give any further evidence.

*It is possible that by hacking into government files, James may have caused the death of agents in the field who had their cover exposed--but that's only something we could speculate might have happened, because it happens in real life. But the series never tells us that.

'Criminal' is a very broad-ranging word. And I think there is definitely a difference between a hacker who destroys the profits of corrupt companies and mass-murdering terrorist.
    And the former does definitely NOT warrant an imprisonment as inhumane as Cayden went through.

Properly speaking, even Team Arrow and all other vigilantes are 'criminals'.
    Last edited by Anarchist; 02-10-2018 at 05:29 AM.

Retired

I wonder why there's a Dalek in the Arrowcave.

It's a shame they had to kill off Pike so unceremoniously just to replace him with someone who's on Diaz's payroll. Though I guess since she's a woman it's still progressive...?

Oliver calling a fresh-out-of-prison Barry to help them catch-up to Cayden was a fun moment even if it's also kind of ridiculous that Oliver would call Barry just to transport them from one place to the other and not help with the bomb that's about to go off in Star City. And now whenever Team Arrow can't catch somebody it's going to seem ridiculous if nobody goes "why don't we just call Barry?" .

You mean to tell me that super-smart hacker Cayden James only noticed his own organizations coding in the video of Oliver killing his son now? He couldn't have figured out it was forged in a matter of minutes?

Cayden seemed like just an above-average Hacktivist, not someone who deserved to get locked up in a box with a cloth hanging over his head like Argus had him in seemingly indefinitely. And to add insult to injury he had to face the agent who took him away from his son's final game telling him his son was dead. I'm not surprised that knocked a few screws loose in Cayden's head.

I thought William was a pretty smart kid but him wandering into that situation was probably his dumbest stunt yet. I mean, how did he even get there? Did he take an Uber? Did he walk? Did he steal an Arrowcycle? It just all seemed really silly, especially that the girls at the Arrowcave were so distracted that they never noticed he left .

Did Oliver really need to throw an arrow at Cayden's hand when it looked like he was about to drop the trigger? Ah well, better safe then sorry I guess.

I am so done with New Team Arrow. They keep going on about how "nothing's changed" when it's the fact that they keep ending up still working with Oliver to get anything done that hasn't changed. And Wild Dog keeps whining about Oliver like he has any moral high ground to stand on after admitting to testifying against him for the FBI. Not cool Hoss .

At least it seems like the storyline is finally coming to a head next episode, which will probably end with Oliver creaming the recruits like he should unless they deliberately write him incompetently.

That scene with Lance at the end holding Black Siren captive in his car felt a little more creepy then I think the show was going for. I mean, I wasn't expecting Lance to let her die, but it feels like he's so desperate for whatever bit of our Laurel is in Black Siren that he'll keep going to such crazy lengths to get at it. But even taking into account that Black Siren isn't "all bad" I'm not sure if we're at the point where she could be believably redeemed, which is the only way this swings in a way that makes Lance look good.

I feel like the show wanted me to come off that scene with Diaz revealing he was the mastermind thinking he's really impressive, but instead I just felt kind of...underwhelmed? Like, nothing we've seen from Diaz up to this point has painted him as anything more then a successful drug dealer and small-time criminal but now he suddenly has the means and motive to manipulate everyone, including the Green Arrow, into a situation where he comes out on top. Is this where I'm supposed to start thinking of Diaz as Richard Dragon?

Fantastic Member

I realized what my problem is with Dinah's storyline: the way that they are writing her, she is only steps away from becoming the next Huntress. Remember her? She too wanted to get revenge for the man she loved on a killer (her father) who was very irredeemable and it led to her killing US Marshals and holding a court full of innocent people hostage just to get to him. In the end, someone else (a cop) killed him instead, and she just ended up broken and in jail. Now, I am not saying that this is where they are going with Dinah, but I do have a bad feeling that they are. Dinah's behavior alone is reminding me of Helena's. I do hope that it doesn't lead to her killing and endangering innocents. Helena became a problem that Team Arrow had to deal with; if Dinah ends up the same way, it would hard to redeem her (not as difficult as redeeming Laurel, but still).

Quote Originally Posted by QuinnFillory View Post
    I realized what my problem is with Dinah's storyline: the way that they are writing her, she is only steps away from becoming the next Huntress. Remember her? She too wanted to get revenge for the man she loved on a killer (her father) who was very irredeemable and it led to her killing US Marshals and holding a court full of innocent people hostage just to get to him. In the end, someone else (a cop) killed him instead, and she just ended up broken and in jail. Now, I am not saying that this is where they are going with Dinah, but I do have a bad feeling that they are. Dinah's behavior alone is reminding me of Helena's. I do hope that it doesn't lead to her killing and endangering innocents. Helena became a problem that Team Arrow had to deal with; if Dinah ends up the same way, it would hard to redeem her (not as difficult as redeeming Laurel, but still).
    The only difference is Dinah won't hookup with Ollie because of Olicity...even though, as Dinah Drake and Black Canary, she has way more history iconography with Oliver Queen behind her then Helena Bertinelli and Felicity Smoak.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The only difference is Dinah won't hookup with Ollie because of Olicity...even though, as Dinah Drake and Black Canary, she has way more history iconography with Oliver Queen behind her then Helena Bertinelli and Felicity Smoak.
    Without a doubt. Anybody growing up reading comics post-Silver Age has to think of Ollie and Dinah as a tandem.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Retired

She didn't look like it in season one, but in this season Katie Cassidy looks exactly like the Black Canary/Dinah Lance I used to read about in the comic books. That's why it's so depressing that she's not her.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    She didn't look like it in season one, but in this season Katie Cassidy looks exactly like the Black Canary/Dinah Lance I used to read about in the comic books. That's why it's so depressing that she's not her.
    Until they introduced Drake, I was convinced they were going to give Black Siren the (real) redemption story and mantle of Black Canary. I figured the loss of her father and her Oliver would have set her on a dark path, and they would pay homage to the silver age by having an E2 Canary become the E1 Canary. It seemed like the crossover last year re emphasized Oliver and Laurel's bond and love. It seemed like they were setting up the real Oliver/Dinah story, with Siren going by her first name to differentiate herself.

Then Olicity got married. Bleh.

I really don't see why Laurel can't be redeemed. She killed a bunch of extras and one guy who we knew, who was a murderous psychopath who has tried to kill our heroes on more than one occasion. In comparison, Oliver skinned a guy alive for practice and has killed dozens of people and we root for him. Malcolm Merlyn killed over 500 people- including his own son- and drugged Thea twice that we know of and we still liked him. Nyssa has killed hundreds of people and we all love her. Hell, how many lives has Barry ruined with his time traveling? Even Roy killed a cop and smacked around Sin when he was Mirakurued up. But we still love them and root for them. And on top of that, we still don't know why Laurel is the way she is, but judging by the little we saw of how Meta's were treated on Earth 2, she could have a reason why she turned evil.