Page 487 of 598 FirstFirst ... 387437477483484485486487488489490491497537587 ... LastLast
Results 7,291 to 7,305 of 8959

Thread: Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by feenix219 View Post
    Until they introduced Drake, I was convinced they were going to give Black Siren the (real) redemption story and mantle of Black Canary. I figured the loss of her father and her Oliver would have set her on a dark path, and they would pay homage to the silver age by having an E2 Canary become the E1 Canary. It seemed like the crossover last year re emphasized Oliver and Laurel's bond and love. It seemed like they were setting up the real Oliver/Dinah story, with Siren going by her first name to differentiate herself.

Then Olicity got married. Bleh.
    Not that I'm saying they will, but they could always have Felicity killed and have Oliver and Laurel drift together in later seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I really don't see why Laurel can't be redeemed. She killed a bunch of extras and one guy who we knew, who was a murderous psychopath who has tried to kill our heroes on more than one occasion. In comparison, Oliver skinned a guy alive for practice and has killed dozens of people and we root for him. Malcolm Merlyn killed over 500 people- including his own son- and drugged Thea twice that we know of and we still liked him. Nyssa has killed hundreds of people and we all love her. Hell, how many lives has Barry ruined with his time traveling? Even Roy killed a cop and smacked around Sin when he was Mirakurued up. But we still love them and root for them. And on top of that, we still don't know why Laurel is the way she is, but judging by the little we saw of how Meta's were treated on Earth 2, she could have a reason why she turned evil.
    Well, I think Malcolm's likeability took a downturn the more Team Arrow just kept making excuses for him, but I guess your mileage may vary .

And there were extenuating circumstances in some of those situations. I mean, Roy was brainwashed for his thing for one and felt terrible about it once he realized what he'd done.

I don't think we've seen Nyssa kill hundreds of people and she never struck me as the type to relish in it like we've seen Black Siren do.

I don't really mourn Vigilante, and I doubt Oliver does either, but he was basically helping the heroes and doing the right thing up until Cayden had Laurel execute him.

We still don't know a lot about Black Siren's background on Earth-2 beyond what little we know now, but I think we've also been given some indications that she does enjoy being evil and hurting people ala Zoom.
    Not that I'm saying they will, but they could always have Felicity killed and have Oliver and Laurel drift together in later seasons.
    If not for the marriage and Felicity being Felicity (on-top of how this series has usually treated Laurel), I think this could be possible.

I feel like Siren has even said at one point that she likes killing people.
    I also liked how she was taunting Dinah after killing Vince. She may have hesitated in that moment, but she still found it fun to torment a grieving lover.

My hope is that Quentin actually comes to his senses and realizes that any 'good' she has in her, is not going to show on the surface like it did with his Laurel.

I'd also love to see Sara interact with Black Siren, or, at the very least, have Black Siren mentioned to her.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Vertigo Psychonaut ChaoticScholar's Avatar

I think the writers are playing 'Top That", with ways to break Quintin, by now. I also want someone to punch Renee alot.
    "People look at us and see the poor and the mad, but they’re looking at us through the bar of their cages.

There’s a palace in your head, boy.

Learn to live in it always. " -- Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticScholar View Post
    I think the writers are playing 'Top That", with ways to break Quintin, by now. I also want someone to punch Renee alot.
    Heck, he even took a Canary Cry through some glass and still got up like it was no big deal .

And just a few pages ago we were talking about his heart condition...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Heck, he even took a Canary Cry through some glass and still got up like it was no big deal .

And just a few pages ago we were talking about his heart condition...
    Next Season: Explosive Bowels.
    "People look at us and see the poor and the mad, but they’re looking at us through the bar of their cages.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    I'd also love to see Sara interact with Black Siren, or, at the very least, have Black Siren mentioned to her.
    Speaking of which have we actually seen Sara's reaction to Dinah assuming the Black Canary name?

I'm assuming they crossed paths during the cross-over, but find it interesting that I can't recall anyone on the show wondering how the first Black Canary feels about her sister being replaced and the name recycled.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    Speaking of which have we actually seen Sara's reaction to Dinah assuming the Black Canary name?

I'm assuming they crossed paths during the cross-over, but find it interesting that I can't recall anyone on the show wondering how the first Black Canary feels about her sister being replaced and the name recycled.
    Well, between the rest of Team Arrow having minimal screentime and the fallout of Stein's death I guess there wasn't enough time for them to fit something like that in there.

Of course I'm equally as curious as to whether we'll ever see Sara meet Black Siren.

I was ready to call it with Vince's death, but now with James gone too, this is truly the end of the Legion of Meh and the rise of the season's true Big Bad...Ricardo Diaz. I was underwhelmed by the reveal, but at the same time, the fact that we don't know too much about him could mean they're going to show that he has super hacking skills and studied Eastern mysticism. The only problem, as is often the problem with masterminds, is how close was he watching Cayden James just to make sure he wasn't actually going to destroy the city?

I felt bad for James, and I thought they made good use of flashbacks and parallel stories with Oliver and William. William was stupid and annoying, but I don't really blame him for being as afraid as he is. I think he expects Oliver's death as an inevitability and part of him thinks if Oliver is going to die, he wants to be there to die right with him.

::squints:: Was Elena wearing a Legend of Korra shirt? It's kind of funny, Elena feels like a palette-swap version of Felicity. Like if Felicity was in a video game and Player 1 chose to be her, they'd get Felicity, but if Player 2 chose to play as Felicity as well, they'd get Elena.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Given all the magic they've had on these shows--if they really wanted to retcon away Laurel's death, her soul could take over the body of Black Siren. Or two souls could be trapped in one body--which would be better (if somewhat far-out) as it would give Cassidy more to do as an actress--the two souls inside her warring for control.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post
    True; or to connect to Sara, after the battle with Mallus, a side effect from fixing the Anchorisms (forgive my spelling), Laurel's death never happened.
    Here's my out there theory - Rather than the whole soul-swap thing with our Laurel, Black Siren actually takes her place the moment of her death. Sara figures out how to use time travel a bit more carefully and does some sort of magic/future tech swap so that she puts Black Siren in the moment when Damien Dahrk kills Laurel and saves Laurel that way. Then she spirits Laurel away on the Waverider and brings her to the present day. So that way you've taken care of Black Siren, brought Laurel back, and the time line isn't messed up.

It'd be a shame to lose Katie Cassidy (again) after this season. She's been turning in some great performances.

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Nah, Currently Oliver's relationship with Anatoly is the only reason he's still breathing. I'm willing to bet that Anatoly will cross the line and become a Monster- Not an 'Honorable Man' and then he'll be the main villain in the Final Season
    I would really like to see that. There is SO much history between the two of them that for a final, final villain, Anatoly is pretty much the best choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I wonder why there's a Dalek in the Arrowcave.
    After hearing that the Arrowverse likes to use so many Doctor Who actors, the Dalek kept its eyes out for a part it could play. Originally, it auditioned for the role of William, but the producers decided to go in another direction. They felt bad for the Dalek, so they gave it a job as a prop in the Arrowcave.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Oliver calling a fresh-out-of-prison Barry to help them catch-up to Cayden was a fun moment even if it's also kind of ridiculous that Oliver would call Barry just to transport them from one place to the other and not help with the bomb that's about to go off in Star City. And now whenever Team Arrow can't catch somebody it's going to seem ridiculous if nobody goes "why don't we just call Barry?" .
    I don't like the "Oliver can call Barry to do something at the drop of a hat and Barry is fast enough we don't question it" thing they've done two or three times at this point. Still, I'm proud of Diggle for not throwing up this time.

Malcolm Merlyn was never redeemed. Everybody hated his guts. He was only not killed because Oliver was being stupid.

I think we would be more likely to have Oliver start wearing a pink leotard and pink tutu to fight crime in than that happening.

Astonishing Member

Laurel kills Quentin and Thea kills Laurel. That's my desired guess for the end of this drama. I want Thea back in the action. William should go off to boarding school. Poor kid though.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Laurel kills Quentin and Thea kills Laurel. That's my desired guess for the end of this drama. I want Thea back in the action. William should go off to boarding school. Poor kid though.
    I think he will snap, Siren will kill him, and Siren will live w/ the guilt, til Sarah kills her.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I really don't see why Laurel can't be redeemed. She killed a bunch of extras and one guy who we knew, who was a murderous psychopath who has tried to kill our heroes on more than one occasion. In comparison, Oliver skinned a guy alive for practice and has killed dozens of people and we root for him. Malcolm Merlyn killed over 500 people- including his own son- and drugged Thea twice that we know of and we still liked him. Nyssa has killed hundreds of people and we all love her. Hell, how many lives has Barry ruined with his time traveling? Even Roy killed a cop and smacked around Sin when he was Mirakurued up. But we still love them and root for them. And on top of that, we still don't know why Laurel is the way she is, but judging by the little we saw of how Meta's were treated on Earth 2, she could have a reason why she turned evil.
    Ollie, Roy and Dinah never relished in killing and torturing people. Cayden James always had to tell her to not kill people and she would always complain about it. Missing daddy doesn't mean she can be redeemed.

Retired

I have a theory that William is secretly training to be Star City's greatest super-hero. He pretends to be scared, but he actually rushes into danger as he was born without fear. Not even his father suspects the power of William Tell.