Page 494 of 598 FirstFirst ... 394444484490491492493494495496497498504544594 ... LastLast
Results 7,396 to 7,410 of 8959

Thread: Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    You know, next to Diggle and Lyla, my favorite couple on this entire show might be Thea and Roy. They kind of belong together.
    I swear, Willa Holland and Colton Haynes have the best chemistry out of all of the couples that have been on the show. It really makes me wonder what would have happened if he hadn't left during Season 3, and what could happen if they could lock him down into a contract again.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I swear, Willa Holland and Colton Haynes have the best chemistry out of all of the couples that have been on the show. It really makes me wonder what would have happened if he hadn't left during Season 3, and what could happen if they could lock him down into a contract again.
    Which is pretty ironic given Colton's gay .

I do wonder what kind of storylines they would've given Roy had he stuck around. I know Colton mentioned being interested in Cheshire showing up, but I'm not sure if they'd introduce Lian.

But if Roy never left then I'm not sure if we would've gotten Thea as Speedy in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Which is pretty ironic given Colton's gay .

I do wonder what kind of storylines they would've given Roy had he stuck around. I know Colton mentioned being interested in Cheshire showing up, but I'm not sure if they'd introduce Lian.

But if Roy never left then I'm not sure if we would've gotten Thea as Speedy in the first place.
    No, we would have gotten Thea as Speedy regardless. That was part of the whole story of Season 3.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    No, we would have gotten Thea as Speedy regardless. That was part of the whole story of Season 3.
    I know but I think a big part of that was Roy leaving so she could basically take his spot (and his suit).

I'm not sure how that would've played out if Roy had stuck around.

Ultimate Member

Or they could have just altered Roy's look a bit and had him become Arsenal and Thea be Red Arrow or Roy be Red Arrow and Thea Speedy...

As cynical as it is to say, I feel like if Roy stuck around, he and Thea would've been on again/off again. I could see him getting addicted to some kind of substance, maybe even quit/get fired from Team Arrow, strike it out on his own, meet Cheshire, then they'd have a one night stand. After hitting that low, Roy would come back to Team Arrow and just as he and Thea are re-kindling things, that's when Cheshire reveals she's pregnant.

I'm almost tempted to say that most of the other romances on Arrow are better love stories then Olicity...
    I'm actually going to defend Olicity. When it hit its low, it was LOW, but a lot of the highs of Olicity are better than the relationships Oliver and Felicity had in the past which were just...forgettable. Like the cop Ollie was with in season one or the cop Felicity was with in season five. Felicity showed little to no affection for Ray, Oliver's reporter girlfriend was only interesting when she was after him as the Green Arrow, etc. Plus I've forgotten the names of many of these love interests.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I'm actually going to defend Olicity. When it hit its low, it was LOW, but a lot of the highs of Olicity are better than the relationships Oliver and Felicity had in the past which were just...forgettable. Like the cop Ollie was with in season one or the cop Felicity was with in season five. Felicity showed little to no affection for Ray, Oliver's reporter girlfriend was only interesting when she was after him as the Green Arrow, etc. Plus I've forgotten the names of many of these love interests.
    For my money I think Sara was probably one of Oliver's better romances, if only because their relationship seemed to happen naturally and wasn't as bogged down by drama as Olicity ended up being.

It was also the closest we ever got to a Green Arrow and Black Canary romance on the show.

For my money I think Sara was probably one of Oliver's better romances, if only because their relationship seemed to happen naturally and wasn't as bogged down by drama as Olicity ended up being.

It was also the closest we ever got to a Green Arrow and Black Canary romance on the show.
    I've never had a problem with the relationship between Ollie and Felicity. It seems to develop pretty organically to me.

What I do have a problem with is Felicity's ability level. She gets on a computer, touches a few keys and she's hacked into a super-secret government facility. Yeah, I know that these days every hero needs his hacker, but this ridiculous.

Having said that, Arrow remains my favorite of the CW shows.

Sandy Hausler

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    I've never had a problem with the relationship between Ollie and Felicity. It seems to develop pretty organically to me.

What I do have a problem with is Felicity's ability level. She gets on a computer, touches a few keys and she's hacked into a super-secret government facility. Yeah, I know that these days every hero needs his hacker, but this ridiculous.

Sandy Hausler
    It's the limitations of the medium. They can't have Felicity pounding away at the keyboard for 41 minutes and just have the 42nd minute of the show to use the solution. So they have to short hand it.
    Like you said, every show has a hacker. Even shows more grounded in reality, like Designated Survivor, has their hacker which can figure out the bad guy and his location with just a few keystrokes.
    In the last episode the DS hacker restored power to Washington DC and saved the city. So it shouldn't be that big a leap to have a character in a superhero show have the same abilities.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post

Sandy Hausler
    That is pretty much a Hollywood trope/standard. Every hacker can gain access through the toughest security in minutes and 14 yr old hacker geniuses break into CIA computers every day. For Swordfish the movie two minutes of Hugh Jackman typing and drinking champagne were shown to make it seem that hacking is so cool and fun.

Hacking is so overused these days. Especially on the Arrowverse .

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I'm more annoyed on how easily it is for Felicity to track people. There's surveillance cameras everywhere apparently and satellites are magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I'm more annoyed on how easily it is for Felicity to track people. There's surveillance cameras everywhere apparently and satellites are magic.
    It causes my eyes to roll, but as others have said, this is a television trope, not unique to Arrow. It's even popping up in Black Lightning, with Gambi.

Sandy Hausler

Its a necessary evil I guess. Its not that its impossible its that apparently all hackers have access to the speed force. They talk about how difficult it is to hack something then proceed to hack it before they finish their sentence explaining how hard it is to hack something. Typically these things take hours if not days, but, TV magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It's nothing new. Batman was using the Bat-computer to track criminals back in the 1960s. The only difference is that instead of the answer being on a monitor, the Bat-computer spit out
    the answer on a piece of paper. In the 1970s Diana Prince was told the answers by IRAC. And surveillance cameras and satellites weren't as common then so Felicity has it fairly easy.