Page 496 of 598 FirstFirst ... 396446486492493494495496497498499500506546596 ... LastLast
Results 7,426 to 7,440 of 8959

Thread: Arrow

Please, please, PLEASE don't use the other Lazarus Pit's as a backdoor to bring that fuckhead Merlyn back again.

I wouldn't mind if Merlyn comes back.

I hate that they killed tygress already. What a waste of a character
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    And so leaves one of the most misused and underused characters on Arrow. I hate that Willa is gone, but then again she really hasn't been a part of the show for most of this season until the past few episodes. I wonder if she asked for her release, or the writers were just tired of trying to find something for her to do.
    TVLINE | How long has this been in motion, the plan to write out Willa?
    By the end of Season 4, Willa had expressed a desire to reduce her episodic commitment to the show and that was sort of done in sort of conjunction with an indication that it was likely that she wouldn’t want to renew her contract past Season 6. So, we’ve kind of known for a while that this was in the offing. We revisited it with Willa at the beginning of Season 6, and she indicated that she hadn’t changed her mind, that she was still interested in moving on.

We talked about some requests she had for us in terms of how her episodes would be utilized and grouped, and at what point in the season she would be written out, and we accommodated her on all those fronts because, look, at the end of the day we love Willa and we love working with her. She’s done right by us and so we wanted to do right by her.

TVLINE | It’s my understanding that part of what made it difficult for you, in considering her wish, was removing this important part of Oliver’s family.
    That’s the thing. Apart from not getting a chance to work with Willa, that was probably the most painful aspect of it, because when we adapted the Green Arrow comic to live-action, one of the earliest and the biggest changes we made from the comic was to give Oliver a family. In the comic, he didn’t have siblings and his parents were both dead. This was a significant relationship for him and also, I think, one of the most effective elements of the show. The relationship between Stephen and Willa on camera was wonderful. But though we went into the season knowing that he’d be losing this relationship, we also knew he’d be—
    http://tvline.com/2018/03/29/arrow-w...-6-episode-16/

I Remember two years ago (around season 4) She Blasts DC For Banned Suicide Squad Characters Rights for TV Show, I wonder if that played a part in her decision to move on

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Please, please, PLEASE don't use the other Lazarus Pit's as a backdoor to bring that fuckhead Merlyn back again.
    I was thinking it will be a backdoor to bring back Earth 1 Laurel. Worked for her sister.

The way they played his 'death' (off screen), that's always a possibility. I honestly expect him to show up sometime during the show's final season, whenever that will be.

As for Thea, this show dropped the ball with her character starting in Season 3. That whole season should have been about Merlyn manipulating Thea's feelings towards her brother and having them fight, having her be one of the big bads of the season, until they reconciled and fought Merlyn at the end of the season. Then season 4 could have been them dealing with the League of Assassins. Instead, it felt like Thea was really pushed to the background for most of the season, only getting a chance to shine near the end of the season. Willa may have been annoyed at that, and so the writers gave her more to do in Season 4- only for her to kind of fade into the background by the end of it. And the writing was on the wall in Season 5 when she wasn't in the final episode of the crossover, and then was gone for a few weeks at a 'conference'.

What's weird is that I thought Guggenheim or Mercile had said that Willa was doing the same number of episodes this season as last season. That may have been a cover story to hide the worst kept secret in television history, because it felt like she was only really in 5 or so episodes (not counting the one where she was in a coma).

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I was thinking it will be a backdoor to bring back Earth 1 Laurel. Worked for her sister.
    I thought the same thing, but I doubt that Nyssa OR Thea would allow that, given their experiences with the Pit.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I thought the same thing, but I doubt that Nyssa OR Thea would allow that, given their experiences with the Pit.
    I don't think Quentin would care. He just wants his daughter back.

I don't think Quentin would care. He just wants his daughter back.
    Normally I'd disagree- he remembers what Sara was like when she first came back, and he's seen what happened to Thea after the Pit when she was dying from not killing anyone- but given recent events, you're probably right.

If John Barrowman ever decides he wants to return they can just say he survived the explosion. The Lazarus Pits will just be either something he's looking for or something he has already found, but I doubt it will be used to explain his resurrection. It wouldn't be necessary given how he "died".

I suppose Quentin could be that desperate. Thing is, did the Arrowverse ever establish if its even possible to bring back someone who's been dead such a long time? Its been a little under two years our time (died in the middle of season 4), what would that be in the Arrowverse? A year? A year and a half at least? I guess if Quentin lets her soak in a pit between season 6 and 7...

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I suppose Quentin could be that desperate. Thing is, did the Arrowverse ever establish if its even possible to bring back someone who's been dead such a long time? Its been a little under two years our time (died in the middle of season 4), what would that be in the Arrowverse? A year? A year and a half at least? I guess if Quentin lets her soak in a pit between season 6 and 7...
    Sara was killed at the start of season 3 before being resurrected in season 4. In the Arrowverse each season amounts to one full year. So Laurel has been dead for two years. Black Siren made herself public recently so Earth 1 Laurel can slide back into her normal life without any issue.

Sara was killed at the start of season 3 before being resurrected in season 4. In the Arrowverse each season amounts to one full year. So Laurel has been dead for two years. Black Siren made herself public recently so Earth 1 Laurel can slide back into her normal life without any issue.
    Its not how easily Laurel could return to the public eye that I was talking about. But rather if it could be done given she was dead longer than Sara, and if it could be done, that they'd have to ring up Constantine on the phone since, like Sara, she'd return a soulless killing machine.

Its not how easily Laurel could return to the public eye that I was talking about. But rather if it could be done given she was dead longer than Sara, and if it could be done, that they'd have to ring up Constantine on the phone since, like Sara, she'd return a soulless killing machine.
    Sara is coming back for the finale. If she's still bearer of the death totem by then she can bring back Laurel's soul herself without the need for Constantine.

I got it! They bring her back in the Lazarus Pit, then she leaves with Sara to go find Darhk in the timestream so she can kill him and be cured of the bloodlust!

Or, yeah. Sara uses the death totem to bring her back.

Ultimate Member

Or they just somehow merge Earth 1 and Earth 2 Laurel's and then she's a brand new character, who is capable of doing bad stuff but also pretty much the old Laurel back so she's conflicted for a time...

Malcolm is a scumbag and a character that had long overstayed his welcome. If he'd return, I'd officially be done with the show. That would be my personal point of no return.

Anyways, interesting interview, concerning Willa's departure
    http://ew.com/tv/2018/03/29/arrow-wi...and-thea-exit/

The most interesting part is the last question. They are, and I quote, 'extremely confident' that the show will be renewed for Season 7, and even already made plans for it. Guess our predictions were wrong.