Page 498 of 598 FirstFirst ... 398448488494495496497498499500501502508548 ... LastLast
Results 7,456 to 7,470 of 8959

Thread: Arrow

I grew to like Rene, and the other new members.

Then they became whiny little brats whenever Oliver, Diggle, and Felicity are involved.

And considering Rene took a freakin' hatchet and tried to hit Ollie with it, Rene is the one that owes an apology to Ollie. If the series is going to make them re-unite, it better be a damn good storyline, because I'm close to the point where they could walk off the series, never come back, and I would be okay with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I grew to like Rene, and the other new members.

Then they became whiny little brats whenever Oliver, Diggle, and Felicity are involved.

And considering Rene took a freakin' hatchet and tried to hit Ollie with it, Rene is the one that owes an apology to Ollie. If the series is going to make them re-unite, it better be a damn good storyline, because I'm close to the point where they could walk off the series, never come back, and I would be okay with it.
    As long as they keep Curtis. He seems the type that is more willing to forgive and forget. And Curtis still has a good relationship with Felicity so she could probably get Oliver to come around.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    It was great to see Nyssa again and they touched upon Felicity as her sister-wife. They were funny together.
    I was kind of bummed to see Nyssa annul the marriage at the end, because I would've liked to have seen them keep that up .
    Not that NTA is going to win anyone over at this point, but their subplot made them more likeable. It could be because they didn't interact with Oliver at all, or it could just be because Rene wasn't around. Curtis needed to move on from Paul for some time now, though.
    I think it helps that, ostensibly, now they are still working in tandem with Oliver to root out the corruption in the SCPD since he was the one who brought it up to Dinah.

Unless they don't actually tell Oliver that the new SCPD captain is on Diaz's payroll, which would make them look bad again.
    Me too. Although most of the characters that get written off I find myself thinking I'd like to see their solo adventures more rather than "good riddance". That counts for characters like Ragman and even the Hawks.
    Or Huntress (whatever she's doing now), Jesse Quick, Jay Garrick, etc...
    I never read Roy in Red Hood and the Outlaws. That's when he was sporting the baseball hat look, right? Was Roy saying he's always been good at math also a nod to that?
    I know in the New 52 it was established that Roy was Oliver Queen's computer guy, which was before they re-established he had actually been Speedy, but I think Roy being good at math here was like Wally knowing Japanese. Just a random thing the writers threw out there.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    As long as they keep Curtis. He seems the type that is more willing to forgive and forget. And Curtis still has a good relationship with Felicity so she could probably get Oliver to come around.
    I would like to see Curtis end up in Legends if he ever walks off. He can replace Ray.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The writer of this article must have stopped watching the season as he still thinks Cayden James is the main villain.

He definitely started off pretty rough, but I think he really grew over the course of season 5.
    -- I liked Renee except when he calls people "Hoss." Then I hate him. I also preferred his original Mad Dog outfit.
    -- Nice send-off for Thea, but she really didn't have much to do other than be the "Aunt May" for Ollie.
    -- I am not a particular fan of Arsenal or "Red Hood and the Outlaws", but I found myself really enjoying seeing Roy wearing the cap.
    -- Laurel became a big downer after the first few seasons so I wasn't sad to see her go. (even though I hated how they 'fridged her, but that's what happens on this show, right?) Black Siren is much more interesting, but her story would be more interesting unsaddled with Quentin's repetitive performance.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Any news on Ragman?

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post
    Any news on Ragman?
    I recall Guggenheim saying we would see him at some point, though I'm not quite sure where...

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

I recall Guggenheim saying we would see him at some point, though I'm not quite sure where...
    Whenever ya replay season 5.

As much as I hate to say it but I don't think they should have renewed arrow. I mean at this point the only main characters from the first season is Quentin who it seems to me they have misused, Oliver who they have destroyed from last season with the whol serial killer thing, as much as it makes me a bad person I hope someone got fired for that and Diggle who from what I understand they starting to being jealous of Oliver because he is Green Arrow.
    Its losing numbers every year for the first time in 6 years I didn't watch any of the CWs shows until Christmas and I didn't have a problem.
    The new recruits are a problem because they believe they were partners and didn't have to follow orders because felicity never has.
    Which for me is the major issue I know quite a few people have with the show, Felicity as a character hasn't developed since season 1, any growth she has ever gone through was wasted.
    Paralyzed comes to accepted it - 2 episodes later a magic chip is introduced
    Havenrock - everyone telling her that she made the right call, she meets Rory who disappears for 30 minutes because he understands but can't look at her however would you believe it suddenly he can do it
    Black Siren - she goes against Oliver's orders because she doesn't trust her and undermines his control of his whole team and once again nothing.
    Cayden James - she betrays the team and breaks who knows how many laws while she is at it and nothing happens

The issue that I have had people confirm to me is Olicity which is a relationship supported by a fanbase which counts one of the show runners as a member. It has issues that it’s fans ignore because reasons. I know people are going to hate it but with everything the new recruits have said some of it crap but Curtis said one thing that stood out "we are employees because they didn't treat us as equals"
    That made me laugh because Felicity isn't a equal to Oliver she doesn't have the combat experience however Guggy has had her give pep talks about things she has no idea about.
    Really for me I think of it as a dead horse that they keep beating and for me it dead in season 3 when the olicity push started.
    Don't even get me started on that olicity wedding
    Last edited by VolcanikTiger86; 04-04-2018 at 01:20 PM. Reason: To remove language that might be iffy
    Truth is the best policy

I find it kind of interesting that they say shows tend to reach the point where actors are at the end of their contracts at the end of season 6 yet most shows today aim for 7 seasons. I understand they don't want to have to pay people for seasons that never happen but it would seem that if you've already hired them for six seasons, just make the contract for seven.
    Power with Girl is better.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Thank you.

Maybe Arrow will improve when Captain Carrot and Zoo Crew visits.

Incredible Member

kinda want it to end and use olly as a crossover character in all other arrowverse shows.

he seems to improve drastically in crossover shows for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post
    As much as I hate to say it but I don't think they should have renewed arrow. :
    Now days the CW always gives shows a chance to wrap up the finals season so it was sort of a forgone conclusion that Arrow would be renewed because nothing shown thus far suggests an end-game for the series.
    If the CW were going to cancel Arrow the CW would have told the producers to wrap it up, boys. And we would be seeing something to indicate that this was Oliver's final journey. So until that happens Arrow will
    just continue to keep slogging along.