Page 5 of 598 FirstFirst 1234567891555105505 ... LastLast

Thread: Arrow

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    These next two episodes are gonna be so good.

My guess is that it will be Oliver+Roy+Diggle+Sarah+League+Merlyn against Slade and his army
    Plus Laurel and Felicity and mayybbee Thea...

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    Plus Laurel and Felicity and mayybbee Thea...
    From reading the final episode summary, it looks like Roy and Thea will be off doing their own thing, and Merlyn won't be around.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    From reading the final episode summary, it looks like Roy and Thea will be off doing their own thing, and Merlyn won't be around.
    I thought Malcolm was meant to be in Streets Of Fire and Unthinkable?

And I know their goals are sort of different, with one wanting control and revenge, the other wanting salvation and revenge, but ultimately, it amounts to a whole lot of destruction and death.

So, especially after what happened with the trial for Moira, making sure she'd be found innocent, and all that happened with the Glades in Sacrifice and in the time after Tommys' death, how can Malcolm show his face in Starling City and not have someone try to arrest him for his crimes? Question him? Withhold him for a certain period, put him on trial, or something?

Is it all about how the police are help up by the current chaos of the Deathstroke Army, that they don't have the resources, or the time, or people? I would think they'd make some time to capture a mass murdered like him, despite all that. Like, if someone was getting help up during a riot, you'd try to deal with that, whatever about the chaos unfolding. I think, priority number one, Slade Wilson and his group. But, after what Malcolm did, I really do think they should do something about him.

Also, if so many of them have the Mirakuru as he himself does, what makes Slade so unique? Now that Isobel is dressed like him, injected like him, what makes him so unique? it it the way he goes on? His vendetta? His skills, and past career?

What exactly makes Deathstroke so special, when we have that Army and Isobel running around, whatever about Blood?
    Last edited by Crimson Knight; 05-02-2014 at 06:44 AM.

Member in Disguise

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    Also, if so many of them have the Mirakuru as he himself does, what makes Slade so unique? Now that Isobel is dressed like him, injected like him, what makes him so unique? it it the way he goes on? His vendetta? His skills, and past career?

What exactly makes Deathstroke so special, when we have that Army and Isobel running around, whatever about Blood?
    The army and Isabel have a diluted version, made from Slade or Roy's blood. As far as I can tell, the only 'pureblood' Mirakurus are Slade, Roy, and Grundy (if he's still alive).
    ...Expecting the Spanish Inquisition.

My major criticism of Arrow is that it should have more villain versus villain stuff

> I wish Isabel's character had been another faction than Slade
    > I wanna see a some Merlyn vs Slade action (I suspect that is coming)

My major criticism with most media is that villains appear only as antagonists then after they are done they are put to sleep until latter. They often dont feel like autonomous agents.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xiroteus View Post
    The money issue is still bugging me. You can't just affect SOME of the stock in a company and how do they not have any money? They own nothing? No cash reserves, gold? They should be able to sell the house and everything in in and be set for life. Appears people on television shows have no backup plans. They go from being rich pocket change? Don't by that.

Yes, it makes my head hurt whenever it comes up, the stupid it burns.

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    Went differently in The Dark Knight Rises where Bruce loses his money, can't remember for sure about Warne Enterprises, but is allowed to keep Wayne Manor.

So are Oliver, Moira and Thea, then Oliver and Thea, but they were busy dealing with a lot of other important stuff, like prison, possible death sentence, saving people and fighting day to day, as well as other stuff, though Bruce had a fair share of that too, though circumstances were fairly different for him, due to Banes' actions

So, there is an explanation for it, really, as to why they might not have been thinking about it as much as might have been recommended, but, could well make for some interesting stories and dilemmas come Season 3, as well as any stuff with his son, and what have you.

Quote Originally Posted by zhris View Post
    The army and Isabel have a diluted version, made from Slade or Roy's blood. As far as I can tell, the only 'pureblood' Mirakurus are Slade, Roy, and Grundy (if he's still alive).
    Is it diluted in the sense that for the Army and Isobel, they're getting injections from Slade, or Roy, whereas Slade, Roy and Solomon got it straight from the tap itself?

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    My major criticism with most media is that villains appear only as antagonists then after they are done they are put to sleep until latter. They often dont feel like autonomous agents.
    I would argue that Arrow has addressed this by letting Merlyn pop up in Season 2 and implying that he's up to something. I imagine he's watching Deathstroke's plot unfold and will exploit the situation when the time is right.

I agree, though, that it would be cool to see Merlyn and Deathstroke interacting directly (or even indirectly) and showcase their differences/conflicts.

Member in Disguise

Is it diluted in the sense that for the Army and Isobel, they're getting injections from Slade, or Roy, whereas Slade, Roy and Solomon got it straight from the tap itself?
    Exactly. Slade got injected by Ollie on the Island of Infinite Flashbacks, Roy and (I believe) Grundy were the only test subjects of Brother Blood that survived. Everyone else got blood transfusions from Roy and/or Slade.
    ...Expecting the Spanish Inquisition.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Went differently in The Dark Knight Rises where Bruce loses his money, can't remember for sure about Warne Enterprises, but is allowed to keep Wayne Manor.

So are Oliver, Moira and Thea, then Oliver and Thea, but they were busy dealing with a lot of other important stuff, like prison, possible death sentence, saving people and fighting day to day, as well as other stuff, though Bruce had a fair share of that too, though circumstances were fairly different for him, due to Banes' actions

So, there is an explanation for it, really, as to why they might not have been thinking about it as much as might have been recommended, but, could well make for some interesting stories and dilemmas come Season 3, as well as any stuff with his son, and what have you.
    With all you have mentioned here, the Queens should still have money. I know why the producers did what they did plot-wise, but they are relying on the fact that most people are ignorant as to how businesses/corporations work.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    With all you have mentioned here, the Queens should still have money. I know why the producers did what they did plot-wise, but they are relying on the fact that most people are ignorant as to how businesses/corporations work.
    You're likely right there. There's the obvious money the three of them'd have on them, cash on hand, as they say.

Then, there's the bank accounts that Moira and Oliver likely had, likely a Will from Robert. Possibly, a likely account set up by either Malcolm - might not be accessible, but could funnel it in, weekly, Breaking Bad style - , Robert, or Moira.

There's Queen Stocks as well, separate to those of Queen Consolidated, in of the stock market, and they could well have gone up, in time, but I don't know how they work, so will leave that be.

No, my point is there that they had a lot of other stuff on their mind, so might not have been so careful with the money, is all, but, I'm not arguing about their other financial otions, separate to the business.

Quote Originally Posted by zhris View Post
    Exactly. Slade got injected by Ollie on the Island of Infinite Flashbacks, Roy and (I believe) Grundy were the only test subjects of Brother Blood that survived. Everyone else got blood transfusions from Roy and/or Slade.
    Speaking of Grundy, is he still alive?

Okay, I understand that now, thank you, zhris.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

You're likely right there. There's the obvious money the three of them'd have on them, cash on hand, as they say.

Then, there's the bank accounts that Moira and Oliver likely had, likely a Will from Robert. Possibly, a likely account set up by either Malcolm - might not be accessible, but could funnel it in, weekly, Breaking Bad style - , Robert, or Moira.

There's Queen Stocks as well, separate to those of Queen Consolidated, in of the stock market, and they could well have gone up, in time, but I don't know how they work, so will leave that be.

No, my point is there that they had a lot of other stuff on their mind, so might not have been so careful with the money, is all, but, I'm not arguing about their other financial otions, separate to the business.
    I agree with your last point that so much was happening to them that the Queens could have made some financial mistakes, but not enough for them to start singing "Brother, can you spare us a dime?"
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    i agree with you guys. The Queens are rich unless the company goes down the tubes. And it's highly unlikely that they don't own their house, that it is owned by the company.

Sandy Hausler