Page 503 of 598 FirstFirst ... 3403453493499500501502503504505506507513553 ... LastLast
Results 7,531 to 7,545 of 8959

Thread: Arrow

Well, wasn't that a great episode. Fantastic cameo by Adrian Chase, great insight at Oliver and his personal fears and an interesting new premise, with Quentin as the Mayor and Oliver going all solo again.

Also, cool to see the old Hood costume again.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Well, wasn't that a great episode. Fantastic cameo by Adrian Chase, great insight at Oliver and his personal fears and an interesting new premise, with Quentin as the Mayor and Oliver going all solo again.

Also, cool to see the old Hood costume again.
    I agree, but do you think they just undid all of the character development Oliver had last season in this one show? Maybe it was the vertigo, but considering he spent all last season with the intent of capturing Chase and NOT killing him, the fact that 2 minutes into their fight he just straight up breaks his neck was jarring.

Ultimate Member

I know that it won't happen but I think that it'd be fun to see next season start the team with just Oliver, Roy, and the Canary that hates Oliver now with Felicity being gone, not dead but just no longer with Oliver, then add like one or two others...did they ever sort out Artemis the one that betrayed the team, thought that they did but couldn't remember...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I know that it won't happen but I think that it'd be fun to see next season start the team with just Oliver, Roy, and the Canary that hates Oliver now with Felicity being gone, not dead but just no longer with Oliver, then add like one or two others...did they ever sort out Artemis the one that betrayed the team, thought that they did but couldn't remember...
    For the love of god...

Let-go-Elsa-Frozen.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I agree, but do you think they just undid all of the character development Oliver had last season in this one show? Maybe it was the vertigo, but considering he spent all last season with the intent of capturing Chase and NOT killing him, the fact that 2 minutes into their fight he just straight up breaks his neck was jarring.
    Maybe it was because he was starting to subconsciously realize it wasn't the real Prometheus before the body just popping up clinched it in his head.

I remember Oliver showed no qualms about killing Deathstroke from the Dominators illusion world during the Invasion crossover.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe it was because he was starting to subconsciously realize it wasn't the real Prometheus before the body just popping up clinched it in his head.

I remember Oliver showed no qualms about killing Deathstroke from the Dominators illusion world during the Invasion crossover.
    Oliver's refusal to kill is woefully uneven. You can't tell me he didn't kill any of Damian's Ghosts, or any of those LOA Assassins. Then there was Ra's and Damian themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Oliver's refusal to kill is woefully uneven. You can't tell me he didn't kill any of Damian's Ghosts, or any of those LOA Assassins. Then there was Ra's and Damian themselves.
    Every Arrowverse heroes no-kill rule is incredibly inconsistent.

Remember those Earth-2 Metas that Barry killed in early season 2? Because the show obviously doesn't.

Remember that time Kara basically killed Parasite, blew up a ship, and vaporized some White Martians? Because I doubt that will come up the next time Kara faces a dilemma over having to kill.

This never really comes up with the Legends, because none of the team seems to have any code against killing for the most part and are as casual about it as your average MCU hero.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

I'm finally getting back into Arrow after passing over season 5 and most of season 6. Rewatching from the first season now and about to start season 2. After the HIVE and Damien Darkh mess in season 4, I dropped Arrow for Flash and LoT full time.

I'm curious to know how people feel about the current season and the previous ones. I found an amusing video where Stephen Amell gives his rankings of the seasons.

“Season one, for sure,” Amell begins. “And then season five. And then season two. And then season three. And that’s it.”
    http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/09/17/a...stephen-amell/

No love for Season 4. I remember back in 2016 when season 4 was so awful that everyone jumped ship for Daredevil.

Incredible Member

When Felicity got the alert on her tablet I was expecting/hoping that she would call out the troops (Diggle, Curtis, Dinah) that Oliver is going after Diaz in city hall alone and to put aside their anger at him and help him out against overwhelming odds. Not put on her running shoes and go after him (Oliver must live pretty close to City Hall for her to get there so fast. Does Oliver walk to work everyday?)

And she didn't even bat an eye when Quentin told her that Oliver was hyped up on Vertigo. You'd think she blow a fuse that Oliver kept that info to himself and didn't tell her. What happened to 'no more secrets'?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    I'm finally getting back into Arrow after passing over season 5 and most of season 6. Rewatching from the first season now and about to start season 2. After the HIVE and Damien Darkh mess in season 4, I dropped Arrow for Flash and LoT full time.

I'm curious to know how people feel about the current season and the previous ones. I found an amusing video where Stephen Amell gives his rankings of the seasons.

No love for Season 4. I remember back in 2016 when season 4 was so awful that everyone jumped ship for Daredevil.
    My ranking of seasons 2 > 1 > 5 > 6 > 3 > 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post

I know in a TV Guide article Amell was candid about how he felt by the end of season 4 they had really gone far away from what the show was supposed to be about.

The treatment of Katie Cassidy, the fallout of Olicity, etc. probably didn't help any.

My ranking would be:

Season 2 -> 5 -> 3 -> 1 -> 4

I'll wait until I've seen all of season 6 before I try to rank it.

Incredible Member

My ranking is:

1.Season 5
    2.Season 2
    3.Season 4
    4.Season 1
    5.Season 3

Maybe I would place Season 6 over Season 1.

I liked Season 4. Its season finale was a story of 4 episodes;it had very good battles; Diggle had a lot of time and emotional scenes; Laurel, one of the characters that I really disliked was eliminated (although I didnīt want her to be killed); Thea has a lot of scenes; but over all the things, itīs the season that gave us Damien Darhk, one of my favorite villians of all the Arrowverse. He was so unique at that time, and Iīm glad that he was used in S2 & S3 of Legends.

Season 3 was the worst between Olicity drama and Ras Al ghul. After that, I could ignore and survive the Olicity of Season 4.

Wait what, there are people who think Season 1 is worse than 3 or 4?
    The hell.

Anywho:

1. Season 5. I thought Season 2 could never be surpassed, but I thought wrong. Adrian Chase is by far the best villain of the entire Arrow verse. And it was also the best character arc for Oliver in particular. Plus, I'm one of the few people who didn't mind the newbies. Sure, Rene was an ******* at first, but he grew on me (what Season 6 did was another thing.) Plus, the choreography improved significantly over the garbage of 3 and 4. Aaaaand, it had some very nice throwbacks, with characters last seen years ago returning and all.

2. Season 2. Before Season 5 came along, like I said, it was the absolute best and it is still pretty great. Slade was a fantastic personal villain, and the flashbacks were pretty much the best in this season. Also, I miss Sara as the Canary

3. Season 1. Looking back now, it is very different in tone compared to what Arrow is today. Almost seems like Christopher Nolan's Batman. But 'different' isn't bad by any means, it laid a solid foundation for the series, and the entire verse as well. The flashbacks were cool, the supporting cast too and this is also the only Season in which Malcolm Merlyn worked great as a character.

4. Season 4. Oh boy, here we go....I agree that it had 'some' redeeming value, but the bad points still vastly outweigh the good. From the horrible choreography (final battle anyone?), to the very unfitting main villain and theme (Magic just doesn't belong in Arrow), to the fridging of Laurel and off course the continuing trend of keeping Malcolm Merlyn alive for no logical reason whatsoever (more on that below). And that's just on top of my head.

5. Season 3. While Season 4 had at least some good moments, Season 3, with the sole exception of introducing Ray Palmer maybe, had absolutely none. It started with the absolutely horrible fridging of Sara, continued with making Thea and Laurel into fighters (which just didn't fit), it had a horrible miscast with Matt Nable as Ra's Al Ghul, the Hong Kong plotline was definitely the low point of the Flashbacks, and Oliver just acted like a complete and utter moron throught the entire season. Keeping Malcolm Merlyn alive, despite what he did, going along with a needless scheme that included endangering and hurting his own friends.....no, I watched this horrible mess once and never again.

As for Season 6, I'll wait until it is over.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Wait what, there are people who think Season 1 is worse than 3 or 4?
    The hell.
    I'm a little baffled by that myself. IMO, 3 and 4 are by far the worst.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Every Arrowverse heroes no-kill rule is incredibly inconsistent.

Remember those Earth-2 Metas that Barry killed in early season 2? Because the show obviously doesn't.

Remember that time Kara basically killed Parasite, blew up a ship, and vaporized some White Martians? Because I doubt that will come up the next time Kara faces a dilemma over having to kill.

This never really comes up with the Legends, because none of the team seems to have any code against killing for the most part and are as casual about it as your average MCU hero.
    Which works better imo. If your not gonna have a strict no killing rule just don't bring it up. Or if you do try to stay consistent like Daredevil but even that he kills resurrected ninjas so.... anyway you can't get mad at Iron man for taking out 20 terrorists with headshots when he's never claimed to be above that. Legends doesn't take itself too serious so you can get away with anything on that show. Like a giant blue stiff animal fighting a season dragon for your finale