Page 504 of 598 FirstFirst ... 4404454494500501502503504505506507508514554 ... LastLast
Results 7,546 to 7,560 of 8959

Thread: Arrow

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Wait what, there are people who think Season 1 is worse than 3 or 4?
    The hell.
    I'm scratching my head on that one. Quality took a serious nosedive in those seasons.

For me I put season 3 above season 1 because it felt like we got the culmination of so much stuff in that season, especially with Roy and Laurel suiting up, even if I agree it really took a nosedive at the end and the flashback portion wasn't as strong as season 1.

If I were to rank the flashback storylines:

2->5->1->3->4
    Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Which works better imo. If your not gonna have a strict no killing rule just don't bring it up. Or if you do try to stay consistent like Daredevil but even that he kills resurrected ninjas so.... anyway you can't get mad at Iron man for taking out 20 terrorists with headshots when he's never claimed to be above that. Legends doesn't take itself too serious so you can get away with anything on that show. Like a giant blue stiff animal fighting a season dragon for your finale
    I think it's easier for movies to get away with heroes killing then it is for a serialized TV show, much for the same reasons as in the comics, on-top of the fact that most MCU heroes don't generally fight crime like the main Arrowverse heroes do so they're not as concerned about keeping people alive to face justice (except Spider-Man).

Supergirl and Flash just aren't the types to just casually off people, which makes it all the more jarring when they do because the writers for some reason couldn't think of a better solution.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

I'm on episode 17 of season 3. As I get closer to season 4, I keep debating whether to watch it at all and just skip to season 5. The salient plot points of season 4 were Olicity drama (engagement and paralysis), Laurel dying, and the launching of LoT. The downside of season 4 was everything else. Darkh and his OP/inconsistent powers and insight of what Team Arrow was doing, Andy's subplot, HIVE and their master plan, baby mama drama with Ollie's ex, the short lived Vixen (who was later replaced by the LoT one) and the boring flashback arc on Lian Yu.

I'm really think of skipping 4 and getting right to 5.

Truthfully

Season 2 was pretty great except for the aborted arc with Sara and the whole i'll die before going back to the league to be happy to go back all in the course of 4 months or so. Laurel was pretty bad in Season 2 as well but there was payoff for it.
    Season 1 was the start of it all and I think still holds up today
    Season 5 truthfully I didn't think that Season 5 was bad, Adrian Chase was a good villain messing with his head however Oliver was written pretty badly believe THE BAD GUY over his whole team.
    Season 3 was the start in my mind of Saint Fefe and the mary sueness of Felicity. The beginning of Olicity which was stopped by Felicity because Oliver wanted to talk, her crying a lot and basically being selfish and the fact that the BAD GUY ships Olicity as if that makes the relationship legit no it makes no freaking sense for Ras to give a crap.
    Season 4 where to start the lying, the double standards , the baby drama so much pain and for the love of people still think this is a epic love story sorry but season 4 killed it for me and season 5 just put the final nail in the coffin (the last five eps which is why its higher.)
    Truth is the best policy

I almost want to re-watch season 3 and count how many times Felicity cries during it. There's got to be a compilation video out there somewhere

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

From Comicbook.com:
    'Arrow' Season 7 Gets New Showrunner
    By KOFI OUTLAW - April 17, 2018

Warner Bros. has announced that Beth Schwartz will be taking over showrunner duties on Arrow in season 7, replacing longtime Arrowverse shepherd, Marc Guggenheim! Schwartz has been with Arrow since starting as a writer's assistant in season 1, having served as co-executive producer on the current season 6.

In an official announcement released by Warner Bros. Television, we learned that Schwartz has been upgraded to full EP and showrunner position for season 7, while Guggenheim (who serves as EP and co-showrunner) will be sliding into an Executive Consultant role for both Arrow season 7 and Legends of Tomorrow season 4. Phil Klemmer will take over showrunning duties for Legends.

The other big Arrowverse EP, Greg Berlanti, had the following statement to offer on this changing of the guard:

"We are all so incredibly thrilled to announce Beth Schwartz as the new showrunner of Arrow. She has been a source of some of the show’s most exciting and memorable moments from the beginning. Beth is a true leader and a captivating storyteller, and we all can’t wait for the audience to see what she and her team dream up as they take Arrow into its next big chapter."

Arrow has remained a point of debate among DC fans, with some loving the 'return to form' simplicity of season 5's Prometheus storyline, while others criticize the show for never getting back to the heights of its season 2 storyline with Slade Wilson / Deathstroke. There's almost universal disdain for the magic-influenced 'Olicity' stain of season 4 - and it seems season 6 is similarly on the bubble of being one of the show's least-loved installments.

That's all to say: an injection of some new blood (and especially a female showunner's perspective) may be just what Arrow needs to continue on strong.

Right now, "Team Arrow" is no more, as Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) has lost nearly all of his friends and connections as both vigilante hero and mayor, thanks to insidious scheming of gangster Ricardo Diaz (Kirk Acevedo). While we wait to see if/how Oliver finally outmaneuvers Diaz, it remains to be seen if season 7 will see Team Arrow restored, or Oliver back out on his own in full "Hood Mode" as was teased in the latest episode (at the time of writing this).

Arrow now airs Thursdays @ 9/8c on The CW.
    Maybe she can get the show back on track.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    From Comicbook.com:

Maybe she can get the show back on track.
    I can't say I'm bothered by a reduced presence of Guggenheim, at the very least.

I thought that season 3 was worse than season 4 up till they killed Laurel. How and why she was killed, followed by Oliver beating Darhk's magic due to the power of positivity made sEason 4 the worst.

Season 3's problems started with them killing Sara, and were compounded by how they used Ra's. The fact that it took half a season for him to challenge Oliver- I can understand a build up, but he was in maybe 5 minutes total before that midseason cliffhanger. They they did a complete 180 on his character by the end of the season, it was just disjointed.

Season 6 seems to be creeping up there to the top 3 bad seasons, but every now and then they have a bright moment like Oliver going full Hood on the cops.

I still think the biggest problem in both Season 3 and 4 was neither Olicity, nor needlessly fridging Sara and Laurel, it was keeping Malcolm Merlyn around for completely non-existent reasons.

I'm episode 19 of season 4 (where Laurel is stabbed), and I noticed team Arrow reassembled the Khushu idol, before Merlyn stole it for Darkh.

Question is, why? Sure they took a piece out of it, but why enact the labor of putting it back together at all, after Vixen broke it into several pieces?

Plot or PIS?

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    I'm episode 19 of season 4 (where Laurel is stabbed), and I noticed team Arrow reassembled the Khushu idol, before Merlyn stole it for Darkh.

Question is, why? Sure they took a piece out of it, but why enact the labor of putting it back together at all, after Vixen broke it into several pieces?

Plot or PIS?
    That was the dumbest damn thing in the entire season. When you break that thing apart, you either destroy the pieces or, if you can't, you send those pieces all over the world and make it the wold's largest scavenger hunt to get it back together again. The fact that they reassembled it minus one piece boggles the mind.

Incredible Member

I didn't say season 1 was worse than season 4. I said that I like Season 4 more because it had Damien Darkh, they finally removed Laurel from the show, and I like when a normal hero fights against a villain with powers. I like the season 1´s street level, but I only liked Merlyn at the end thanks to his back up plan, and everything was so new. By the time of S4, characters were more interesting to me because I had known them for years. I only hated Felicity and Laurel. And it felt so good to see how Oliver completely humiliated Merlyn.

Of course, flashbacks of S1 are superior to S4´s flashbacks, these ones were the worst of all the seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Batgrayson View Post
    I didn't say season 1 was worse than season 4. I said that I like Season 4 more because it had Damien Darkh, they finally removed Laurel from the show, and I like when a normal hero fights against a villain with powers. I like the season 1´s street level, but I only liked Merlyn at the end thanks to his back up plan, and everything was so new. By the time of S4, characters were more interesting to me because I had known them for years. I only hated Felicity and Laurel. And it felt so good to see how Oliver completely humiliated Merlyn.

Of course, flashbacks of S1 are superior to S4´s flashbacks, these ones were the worst of all the seasons.
    Oh god no. Season 3's flashbacks were the absolute worst. I remember them doing three episodes in a row where he was running from the General's men in a chase that would have taken 5 minutes in real time. Not to say Season 4's weren't lame, but at least you had Oliver fighting a shark!

Season 3's problems started with them killing Sara, and were compounded by how they used Ra's. The fact that it took half a season for him to challenge Oliver- I can understand a build up, but he was in maybe 5 minutes total before that midseason cliffhanger. They they did a complete 180 on his character by the end of the season, it was just disjointed.
    I think the problem with Ra's is that they kept needing to contrive reasons why Oliver would have to go against them and they didn't always make a lot of sense, on-top of the fact that they never bothered to actually explain what the League of Assassins actually does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I still think the biggest problem in both Season 3 and 4 was neither Olicity, nor needlessly fridging Sara and Laurel, it was keeping Malcolm Merlyn around for completely non-existent reasons.
    I'll agree that Merlyn's constant survival increasingly strained logic over time but I don't think it dragged the show down anywhere near as much as Olicity drama did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post

Plot or PIS?
    You are not the only one who brought this up.

That episode was not a high-note for the series, even setting aside the handling of Laurel's death.
    Oh god no. Season 3's flashbacks were the absolute worst. I remember them doing three episodes in a row where he was running from the General's men in a chase that would have taken 5 minutes in real time. Not to say Season 4's weren't lame, but at least you had Oliver fighting a shark!
    I dunno, maybe it's just me but I preferred the season 3 flashbacks since the season 4 flashbacks just felt like they got duller and duller as they went on.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier

You are not the only one who brought this up.

That episode was not a high-note for the series, even setting aside the handling of Laurel's death.
    I forgot about that specific detail. I haven't watched s4 of Arrow since it's broadcast on CW back in 2016. Talk about straining logic, in order to fit a story. With all the member who made up team Arrow; they should've had each member either take a piece of the statue and hide it or see each piece destroyed. Not, put it back together and store it in their extremely insecure base of operations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier

I dunno, maybe it's just me but I preferred the season 3 flashbacks since the season 4 flashbacks just felt like they got duller and duller as they went on.
    S4's flashback was pretty weak. S3 was okay though. What really elevated it was the setting (Hong Kong, instead of the island) and the two actors playing Tatsu and Maseo. Plus a few appearances by Kelly Hu (Chien Na Wei).