Page 506 of 598 FirstFirst ... 6406456496502503504505506507508509510516556 ... LastLast
Results 7,576 to 7,590 of 8959

Thread: Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I would guess it has something to do with illegal hacking with her then boyfriend, Brother Eye.
    But he was believed to be dead by her, and nobody from the government had come after her.

It's just an idea.

Sandy Hausler

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    It actually is a good pairing as could be seen as early as season 1.

Sandy Hausler
    I loved Felicity the first couple of seasons, but after that... ugh!
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I loved Felicity the first couple of seasons, but after that... ugh!
    I found I enjoyed Felicity the most when she just had a crush on and looked up to the man Oliver could be then I did when she actually hooked up with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I found I enjoyed Felicity the most when she just had a crush on and looked up to the man Oliver could be then I did when she actually hooked up with him.
    Yeah, she had the right tone initially, then went off the rails after that.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

All the reasons issues "team" Arrow seems to be having with Oliver, don't make much sense... I'm pretty sure I can come up with explanations for all their beef;

1) They are mad that Oliver only put the three under surveillance; Well, he suspected that someone was informing on him to the Feds, which he was right. Rene was, essentially putting the whole team at risk, not just him. Because if Oliver went down as the Green Arrow, it wouldn't be hard to connect the dots on at least 3 of them. He knew it wasn't Diggle or his wife, so naturally it had to be one of them. He wasn't wrong. And Rene's reason was ridiculous. His daughter was in a foster home, not being held at gun point. He turned traitor, nearly putting everyone around him in prison (or worse with the body count Oliver has) just to have his daughter placed under his care.

2) The Mr Terrific and Canary are pissed that Oliver injured Rene; Oliver asked several times for Rene and the others to stand down. They didn't just refuse, they engaged. Rene pulling guns and firing at them openly. Oliver disarmed Rene of his weapons and asked AGAIN for him to stand down. Rene came at him with an axe. So he got kicked in the chest. Not to mention the only reason the B-team arrived was because they didnt believe Arrow and Company could get the info out of Siren, however, the second the B-team was alone with her, Canary tried to kill her in cold blood. Not saying Siren didn't have it coming, but I'm pretty sure if she's dead, theres no way to get her to tell where the money was.

3) Diggle is mad that Oliver wouldn't give up the hood. Also blames Oliver for the team break up; Oliver is the Green Arrow. He gave it up to concentrate on being Mayor and to throw off the Feds. Once the Fed-threat was gone and the B-team left, what was Oliver supposed to do? Let Diggle go at it alone? No. Oliver stayed active, and if he's active, he's the Green Arrow. Should have he become Spartan instead? As for blaming Oliver for the break up of the team... Diggle WAS there the whole time and did not offer any better suggestions that he ultimately stuck to. He supported all of Oliver's decisions. And the writers having Diggle and Oliver recognize that his reactions were out of character doesn't make it all work. The breakup of the team is supposed to be the result of Diaz' mechanations, but it's just bad writing and poor plotting.

The season, outside of the fight scenes (awesome, same level or better than Black Lightning) is a wash in my opinion. The acting is great, with a couple exceptions, but the story and motivations are nonsense. Ok, Diaz has control of the city... how long would that actually last? The Feds would be cool with this? Something like this doesnt stay secret, ok, I get it. Let me guess, he has the whole Federal government, all their local congressmen and senators in his pocket too? Neighboring cities? Cooperations that do business within the city? Everyone?
    Last edited by donpricetag; 04-19-2018 at 01:13 PM.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Well I plead guilty of being one of the few people left who actually likes Felicity.

When it comes to shipping, my pet peeve is not Olicity but Karamel.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Yeah, she had the right tone initially, then went off the rails after that.
    So you're fine with her having a crush on the guy, but when it gets real, it's no longer fine? Well, everyone's entitled to their opinion. And I have to admit, on the boards, your opinion seems to be the dominant (though not exclusive) one.

Sandy Hausler

I just realized, couldn't Diggle just be the [insert other color besides Green] Arrow, or just another Green Arrow? Now that I think about it, wouldn't it help if there are multiple Green Arrows running about? It would throw some of the suspicion off of Ollie.

Yeah the reasons the team are angry/splitting falls apart under scrutiny, but it looks like the idea is to go back to basics for Season 7. To that end it makes sense, I just wish the in-story reasons were better.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    All the reasons issues "team" Arrow seems to be having with Oliver, don't make much sense... I'm pretty sure I can come up with explanations for all their beef;

1) They are mad that Oliver only put the three under surveillance; Well, he suspected that someone was informing on him to the Feds, which he was right. Rene was, essentially putting the whole team at risk, not just him. Because if Oliver went down as the Green Arrow, it wouldn't be hard to connect the dots on at least 3 of them. He knew it wasn't Diggle or his wife, so naturally it had to be one of them. He wasn't wrong. And Rene's reason was ridiculous. His daughter was in a foster home, not being held at gun point. He turned traitor, nearly putting everyone around him in prison (or worse with the body count Oliver has) just to have his daughter placed under his care.

2) The Mr Terrific and Canary are pissed that Oliver injured Rene; Oliver asked several times for Rene and the others to stand down. They didn't just refuse, they engaged. Rene pulling guns and firing at them openly. Oliver disarmed Rene of his weapons and asked AGAIN for him to stand down. Rene came at him with an axe. So he got kicked in the chest. Not to mention the only reason the B-team arrived was because they didnt believe Arrow and Company could get the info out of Siren, however, the second the B-team was alone with her, Canary tried to kill her in cold blood. Not saying Siren didn't have it coming, but I'm pretty sure if she's dead, theres no way to get her to tell where the money was.

3) Diggle is mad that Oliver wouldn't give up the hood. Also blames Oliver for the team break up; Oliver is the Green Arrow. He gave it up to concentrate on being Mayor and to throw off the Feds. Once the Fed-threat was gone and the B-team left, what was Oliver supposed to do? Let Diggle go at it alone? No. Oliver stayed active, and if he's active, he's the Green Arrow. Should have he become Spartan instead? As for blaming Oliver for the break up of the team... Diggle WAS there the whole time and did not offer any better suggestions that he ultimately stuck to. He supported all of Oliver's decisions. And the writers having Diggle and Oliver recognize that his reactions were out of character doesn't make it all work. The breakup of the team is supposed to be the result of Diaz' mechanations, but it's just bad writing and poor plotting.

The season, outside of the fight scenes (awesome, same level or better than Black Lightning) is a wash in my opinion. The acting is great, with a couple exceptions, but the story and motivations are nonsense. Ok, Diaz has control of the city... how long would that actually last? The Feds would be cool with this? Something like this doesnt stay secret, ok, I get it. Let me guess, he has the whole Federal government, all their local congressmen and senators in his pocket too? Neighboring cities? Cooperations that do business within the city? Everyone?
    Because drama, bruh

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    If I were to guess, I’d say the Olicity fans make up 20% of the viewers at most.

That was probably true back in season 4. But last time I saw the ratings Arrow was down about 60% since then. If the show keeps getting renewed with ever lower ratings they will eventually be the majority. What I don't understand is how Guggenheim has lasted this long. He has been driving the show into the ground for years. If the ratings were up or stable I could see it but with this long term attrition what? It is like the CW doesn't care about $$$$.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post

First- THANK YOU. I knew I couldn't be the only one thinking this.

1. Not to mention the only reason Renee had his daughter back at all was because Oliver pulled some strings.

2. Terrific also risked permanently injuring Diggle with how he tracked them down.

3. Yup.

Also- Quentin was named the new mayor, right? How exactly does that change anything? It's not like Lance is on the take, not like he isn't still going to work with Oliver on the side, and not like Diaz has anything to threaten him with. What would he do, kill Laurel again?

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Well I plead guilty of being one of the few people left who actually likes Felicity.

When it comes to shipping, my pet peeve is not Olicity but Karamel.
    I still like her. She did become a bit whiny in Season 3 and I hated the breakup in Season 4, But she's been pretty good these last two seasons.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

I just finished season 5 for the first time and I don't know whether this season was better than four or not.

The return to street level threats was nice. Also, following up with the consequences of S1 Ollie's murder spree.
    Plus the new team Arrow had some nice moves and interplay.

However, there were way too many new faces and a number of them fell off the map mid-way through the season. Also, the Prometheus thing was stretched out a lot longer than it needed to be. I imagine TPTB saw how successful Punisher was received in DD season 2 (which aired opposite Arrow s4), so they added Vigilante to this season. However they didn't use him to his full potential.

This season should've been split between the two. 11 episodes for Prometheus and 11 for Vigilante. Add 1 episode for the cross over. Both Vigilante and Prometheus demonstrating the bad sides of season 1 Ollie's actions. Vigilante = Clone actions of his inspiration (the hood) and Prometheus = Evil clone of the hero.
    Last edited by Doctor Know; 04-19-2018 at 06:51 PM.

The Diaz and Bad Laurel Show so far has been some of the best stuff I have seen on Arrow, IMO.

Mighty Member

Diaz sure has been racking up a body count.