Page 507 of 598 FirstFirst ... 7407457497503504505506507508509510511517557 ... LastLast
Results 7,591 to 7,605 of 8959

Thread: Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Diaz sure has been racking up a body count.
    And Laurel is looking less and less satisfied by joining up with him because of it. Note how she never actually, purposefully, killed anyone. The one guy ended up impaled, but that had been an unintentional side effect. And tried to avoid looking at the bodies/deaths.

Well, Diaz might still not be an Adrian Chase or a Slade Wilson, but it was kind of a cool episode. Now we at least know where his motivation is coming from. And now every villain has to have some big, complicated master plan. He just wants to do business, plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    And Laurel is looking less and less satisfied by joining up with him because of it. Note how she never actually, purposefully, killed anyone. The one guy ended up impaled, but that had been an unintentional side effect. And tried to avoid looking at the bodies/deaths.
    And I think it is kinda forced to make her all shocked about it now, given her very own significant bodycount, as well as the sadistic pleasure she always took in all of it.
    I still hope she stays a villain.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I know. The problem is I seriously doubt 60-75% of the viewers actually watching the show feel the same way about the pairing.
    Maybe not but when your showrunner is one of them it seems it doesn’t matter. I know people who have said that the arrow fandom is toxic because it seems to support a toxic pairing and the problem seasons 1 and 2 I couldn’t see it, however now I can see it, the Olicity wedding and the fans reaction to it was what put the final nail in the coffin for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Really? How about the fact that people come back from the dead routinely? (Granted that's a comic book trope.)
    Not as routinely as you might think it has happened to what 3 characters over 6 seasons, Oliver once, sara once, Thea once and Malcolm once. On average about less than once a season I would like to think being thought of as dead and actually being dead are two different things

How about the idea that the leader of the League of Assassins thinks that it's a great idea to make the one man who doesn't want to lead the League of Assassins his successors?
    I think it was meant to come across as he was the only one worthy due to the whole prophecy thing. It wasn’t executed well.

How about a League of Assassins that seems not to assassinate anyone, but whose purpose is to avenge perceived insults?
    They have killed people Isabel for one.

How about the constant back and forth as to whether the Green Arrow is a hero or a villain to the public?
    Comic Book Trope that befalls Batman and Spider-Man to name two

There are a gazillion things in the show that one might find cringe-worthy.
    The writing for Olicity for me is one

Outside of internet message boards, I have not found anybody who dislikes Felicity or her relationship with Oliver.
    Opposite for me I have yet to meet a person who likes it.

In fact, message board outsiders love her.
    Doesn’t seem like it in my neck of the woods.
    Yes, the R'as Al Ghul season was weak, but it was not weak because Felicity and Oliver were in love.
    That to me isn’t the issue, that season Felicity was suppose to be in love with Oliver, after a date which she got hurt in Oliver said they needed to talk and she dumped because of it because she thought that Oliver was going to dump her. The fact that Ras Al Ghul was pushing Felicity and basically shipping the couple here’s a question WHY THE **** SHOULD HE CARE. Then she uses the aftermath to drug Ollie because she doesn’t want to give him up basically acting like a selfish brat.

And, as of now, their relationship is just a part of who they are; it's not a big thing in the plot.
    Really Really we had a large amount of time in the crossover dedicated to Oliver wanting to marry Felicity, Felcity embaressing him by saying no in front of all their friends only for felicity to interrupt their ‘friends’ vows to marry Oliver yeah its still a big part of the plot.

So please stop giving the impression that Arrow would be perfect if Felicity were dead (not talking about you, Darknight Detective, but I've seen a lot of that kind of talk on this thread).
    I wouldn’t go that far I don’t want her dead I would just like some logic, if Felicity pulls crap have her deal with the consequences. She has lied, murder and manipulated people and spoke about things she doesn’t understand and no one has done anything about it. Oliver, Thea, Laurel heck even Roy and Dig there are lasting consequences Felicity not so much.
    She's a well-loved character to the viewers at large, and I suspect she'll be around as long as Arrow is on the air.
    I wouldn’t say that, I think that is part of the problem the show runners think she is so well loved that they cant hurt her or make her face her mistakes which makes her arrogant egotistical selfish and not a good character.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    If I were to guess, I’d say the Olicity fans make up 20% of the viewers at most. The rest either hate it or are indifferent. It’s just that the Olicity fans are the ones all over social media making fanfictions, photoshops, and dressing up as Felicity (as a lot of the Olicity fans see her as a self-insert), which makes people think there are more of them. And sadly that is pretty much what happened since she was introduced and the writers thought there was a groundswell of support for her. This is also when a lot of the normal fans weren’t very much into Laurel because her plot was basically just being a drunk and Sara was outshining her. Then she became more liked and Felicity became hated due to beyond excessive usage of her and rewriting of the plot to make her the main love interest instead. Taking it to it’s extreme when she’s killed off and Olicity is praised by her before she passes. Then Oliver goes out like an idiot and tells the world her identity because he Damian Darhk hurt his feelings, making it harder to bring her back because everybody will know who she is now. I really think the only way to fix Arrow at this point is to write Felicity off and/or bring Laurel back with some time travel shenanigans. It’s good that they’re going to bring back Roy in the next season, but I don’t know how they’re going to have him live in Star City since everyone thinks he was the original Arrow. I did see that Sara’s going to be in the finale, which makes me hope that some kind of time travel shenanigans happen to make people forget the identities of Roy and Laurel, as well as bring Laurel back. And Black Siren could just die. She’s really overstayed her welcome. But Katie Cassidy seems to still want to be on the show, so let her. As Black Canary.
    One correction Oliver reveled her identity because of Evelyn not because of Darhk. I think what may happen is that Sara will pull something so that Black Siren can operate as Laurel and she may be redeem with the Roy thing happening as well. However I think Olicity will be endgame.
    It actually is a good pairing as could be seen as early as season 1.
    I don’t think it was a pairing in Season1 Olicity wasn’t really born until Season 2. Season 1 had Felicity have a crush on Oliver by season 2 Oliver was returning it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Well I plead guilty of being one of the few people left who actually likes Felicity.

When it comes to shipping, my pet peeve is not Olicity but Karamel.
    I’m guilty of not liking either.

So you're fine with her having a crush on the guy, but when it gets real, it's no longer fine? Well, everyone's entitled to their opinion. And I have to admit, on the boards, your opinion seems to be the dominant (though not exclusive) one.
    For me I’m similar however the writing for Felicity wasn’t a massive problem in ½ though there was issues. However after being with and dating Oliver I think it made her character worse. Seasons 1 and 2 Felicity was support and that’s what she did Seas0ns 3-6 Felicity feels like she knows everything and can order people about and be a leader and be ill manner and selfish and just all lecturing and allways right. Might have to do with the fact that Felicity didn’t get that much character shilling in season 1&2 and it starts in season 3 and hasn’t stopped.
    Truth is the best policy

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    The Diaz and Bad Laurel Show so far has been some of the best stuff I have seen on Arrow, IMO.
    Enjoyed this episode a lot. Put some separation between the show and it's nonsensical "inner turmoil" with the defunct team Arrow.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Enjoyed this episode a lot. Put some separation between the show and it's nonsensical "inner turmoil" with the defunct team Arrow.
    Odd that one of the better episodes of Arrow didn't have Green Arrow in it.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I have to wonder if this show will ever use actual Green Arrow villains again. It's been a while since we last saw Count Vertigo, Clock King, Komodo, Brick, Cupid, and China White.

Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post
    For me I’m similar however the writing for Felicity wasn’t a massive problem in ½ though there was issues. However after being with and dating Oliver I think it made her character worse. Seasons 1 and 2 Felicity was support and that’s what she did Seas0ns 3-6 Felicity feels like she knows everything and can order people about and be a leader and be ill manner and selfish and just all lecturing and allways right. Might have to do with the fact that Felicity didn’t get that much character shilling in season 1&2 and it starts in season 3 and hasn’t stopped.
    This just struck a cord with me. They are doing the same damn thing with Iris over on The Flash. She went from being a slightly more well-developed support character to a defacto team leader over the course of a few seasons. Though I do believe they developed Felicity's character better. I admit the writing has been uneven, and she has grated on me sometimes. The breakup in Season 4 was nonsensical, and I hated the love interests introduced for both character in Season 5 because it was obvious they were red shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I have to wonder if this show will ever use actual Green Arrow villains again. It's been a while since we last saw Count Vertigo, Clock King, Komodo, Brick, Cupid, and China White.

Well Komodo was wasted as a one-off; Clock King was dying in his first appearance so I'd think he's dead by now; Brick was reduced to hired muscle in Season 4; and if I never see Cupid again it would be too soon.

I don't know what happened to China White. She got busted in Season 2, and aside from Season 3's flashbacks, we haven't seen her since. I think it would be fitting if she was either THE big bad of Arrow's last season, or a henchwoman of the big bad for the last season. Going full circle and all of that.

Now that I think about it, they've now done Brick three separate times. They had Brick, who took over the Glades for a short time in Season 3. Then in Season 5 they did the exact same kind of character with Tobias Church, which was the red herring villain that was killed off by the real villain Prometheus. Then they did the same damn character again with Ricardo Diaz this season, who was the real big bad that killed off the red herring villain Cayden James.

So basically what I'm saying is I'm glad there is a new showrunner next season, because Guggenheim and Mercile have no new ideas left.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I don't know what happened to China White. She got busted in Season 2, and aside from Season 3's flashbacks, we haven't seen her since. I think it would be fitting if she was either THE big bad of Arrow's last season, or a henchwoman of the big bad for the last season. Going full circle and all of that.
    She showed up last season as part of the "Star City Sirens" with Cupid and Lady Cop, though I think Pike shot her so it was vague whether she was still even alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She showed up last season as part of the "Star City Sirens" with Cupid and Lady Cop, though I think Pike shot her so it was vague whether she was still even alive.
    I forgot all about that episode.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I forgot all about that episode.
    I remember the bad girls kicking poor Curtis while he was down and in a fetal position .

Oh, and they started to build up to the idea that Pike might know Oliver is Green Arrow, which they then proceeded to do nothing with.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

I'm officially caught up on season 6 of Arrow. I hated to see the team split up (veterans vs new team and Ollie and John), but I thought it made good drama. I'm curious how Team Arrow will win the battle for Star City this year.

And I thought Gotham and Marvel's NYC were hell holes to live in. I can't imagine anyone willing staying in Star Cities after so much chaos and several near extinction level threats.

I'd how I'd rank season 6 yet. As for the other 5 seasons, it would look something like this.

5 = 4 < 3 < 1 < 2

Ranking the flashback stories:
    5. S4: Shadowspire and the Idol
    4. S3: Katana, Maseo and the Alpha&Omega Virus
    3. S1: Ollie, Slade, and Fyers
    2. S5: Ollie, Anatoly and the Bratva
    1. S2: Dr. Ivo, the AMAZO and the Mirakuru
    Last edited by Doctor Know; 04-21-2018 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    And I thought Gotham and Marvel's NYC were hell holes to live in. I can't imagine anyone willing staying in Star Cities after so much chaos and several near extinction level threats.
    I remember it was a plot point in season 4 that Star City was dying because people were either leaving the city or no one was coming in.

Maybe we can assume Oliver as Mayor has improved things a little...at least until Cayden James and Ricardo Diaz completely undermined the city's entire infrastructure.
    Ranking the flashback stories:
    5. S4: Shadowspire and the Idol
    4. S3: Katana, Maseo and the Alpha&Omega Virus
    3. S1: Ollie, Slade, and Fyers
    2. S5: Ollie, Anatoly and the Bratva
    1. S2: Dr. Ivo, the AMAZO and the Mirakuru
    This is about my ranking too.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I really liked this episode. I like that Diaz has simple motivation for doing what he does. It's nice having a villain who doesn't have a grandiose master plan.

Laurel being uncomfortable with Diaz killing Jesse is pure bullshit. She reveled in killing innocent people for her own amusement early in the season. I refuse to believe she suddenly gained standards now.

Ultimate Member

I'm guessing that they're trying to show that she's "conflicted" ...