Page 51 of 598 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151551 ... LastLast

Thread: Arrow

Incredible Member

I just re-watched the ending of the finale. Gotta say it again- my god that was awesome. Gonna be hard to top it. Do you think season 3 will feature another big bad as main villain or will it consist more of plot development- fleshing out HIVE and ARGUS and Oliver's relationship with Waller, Thea being with Merlyn, Diggle's baby on the way, etc? Or will they do all of the above?

One funny thing struck me at the end- as Ollie and company are about to leave the island on what's gotta be a pretty long flight in that little plane and Felicity asks him how he had time to learn how to fly if he was on the island for five years, I couldn't help but think that the next couple of hours in the air would be the perfect opportunity for him to finally tell her and Diggle the entire story. But that would be too simple, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    I just re-watched the ending of the finale. Gotta say it again- my god that was awesome. Gonna be hard to top it. Do you think season 3 will feature another big bad as main villain or will it consist more of plot development- fleshing out HIVE and ARGUS and Oliver's relationship with Waller, Thea being with Merlyn, Diggle's baby on the way, etc? Or will they do all of the above?
    All of the above, certainly, but if they are going to do HIVE, it needs a leader. That person can be the big bad of the season as well.

One funny thing struck me at the end- as Ollie and company are about to leave the island on what's gotta be a pretty long flight in that little plane and Felicity asks him how he had time to learn how to fly if he was on the island for five years, I couldn't help but think that the next couple of hours in the air would be the perfect opportunity for him to finally tell her and Diggle the entire story. But that would be too simple, of course.
    And we wouldn't get to hear any of it. You know, maybe the reason Ollie hasn't told his team everything about his past is because he has some kind of PTSD and doesn't like to relive those moments.

Incredible Member

Putting out this question- What if any relationship does anyone draw between the fact that Oliver began Season 2 back on the island as if he wanted to isolate there, and the fact that at season's end we see that ARGUS has constructed a sophisticated underground prison there? Was the prison already there at the begining of the season or was it constructed behind the scenes as the season played out? Any such instalation would have to have a significant staff of people to operate it so if it was in place at the begining of the season Oliver wouldn't really have been all by himself at all. (After all, Slade's gonna die if there's nobody there to regularly bring him food and water.) Might Oliver have been helping ARGUS and Waller set the place up? And do you think Slade is the sole prisoner so far, or might there be others?

Incredible Member

Oh wow, I just realized something that I can't believe I haven't seen discussed before after two seasons of the show. The name of the island where Oliver spent much of his missing five years is Lian Yu. The word "lianyu" is Chinese for "purgatory," which goes along with Oliver's parting words to Slade. But they've divided the word into two, and is it more than coincidence that in the comics "Lian" is the name of Roy Harper's daughter? I know they like to throw in little references that have little or no meaning other than to give a little nod to comic fans, but I just thought I'd throw it out there for discussion.

Mighty Member

I'm re-watching "Deathstroke" and it probably has one of the best lines in the show. When Roy is arguing with Team Arrow about listening to Oliver after Thea gets kidnapped.

Sara: "And I think you're just blaming Oliver because you lost Slade"

Roy: "Well of course you'd take his side, you're screwing him."

LOL OWNED! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    I'm wondering if it's actually Amanda Waller. They seem to focus on her legs a lot for some reason... just at the top of my head we're looking at her introduction to the series where she kidnapped Diggle, when she approached Bronze Tiger at the prison, and now at the finale when she meets Oliver in the flashback.

Either it's a cue or the cameramen really like Cynthia Addai-Robinson's legs...

The fact that Marc Guggenheim admitted that they basically had no idea what to do with her character this season didn't help either.
    Stephen Amell confirmed it was Amanda here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0kzIxQgiGg

Putting out this question- What if any relationship does anyone draw between the fact that Oliver began Season 2 back on the island as if he wanted to isolate there, and the fact that at season's end we see that ARGUS has constructed a sophisticated underground prison there? Was the prison already there at the begining of the season or was it constructed behind the scenes as the season played out? Any such instalation would have to have a significant staff of people to operate it so if it was in place at the begining of the season Oliver wouldn't really have been all by himself at all. (After all, Slade's gonna die if there's nobody there to regularly bring him food and water.) Might Oliver have been helping ARGUS and Waller set the place up? And do you think Slade is the sole prisoner so far, or might there be others?
    Solo at the minute but they could add others later, after all Slade is not a normal prisoner.

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    I'm re-watching "Deathstroke" and it probably has one of the best lines in the show. When Roy is arguing with Team Arrow about listening to Oliver after Thea gets kidnapped.

Sara: "And I think you're just blaming Oliver because you lost Slade"

Roy: "Well of course you'd take his side, you're screwing him."

LOL OWNED! LOL
    Wouldn't say owned, would haved said trash talking, its been well documentaed that Sara doesn't agree with everything, the previous episode is evidence of that, i think sara had a point Roy had high expectations going into the fight with Slade which he didn't accomplish, its also his girlfriend someone that he cares deeply for and he also has never really worked as part of a team.
    Truth is the best policy

Blue Beetle in Arrow: More DC characters in S3

Casting calls for four new characters:

DANIEL: Though Daniel could be a fake name to throw off spoilerholics, this 20something gent — a major recurring character for Season 3 — is a handsome, enigmatic and highly intelligent entrepreneur developing groundbreaking technology. (Picture a business magnate in Ryan Gosling’s body.) Though exuding charm and confidence in public, he privately harbors a tragic past that will drive him to become a tech-powered superhero. Watch for this formidable fella to be a love interest for Felicity and a rival of Oliver’s – both personally and professionally.

SETH: A well-educated criminal with grand ambitions and a knack for chemistry, this potentially recurring character gains power over his enemies by exposing them to a drug that drains their willpower. Oh, and he is very much a physical match for The Arrow.

TOSHI: Majorly recurring in (at least) the Hong Kong flashbacks, Toshi will serve as Oliver’s teacher and handler, and eventually become a friend. A well-trained operative, skilled in weaponry, combat and intelligence gathering, he is also a devoted father and husband.

AKIKO: Toshi’s wife is another of Oliver’s Hong Kong caretakers, and is herself highly skilled in martial arts.
    Daniel could be Blue Beetle (Throw us off guard? Plus, Kord Industries have made some appearance in the past..in Arrow).

Source: http://tvline.com/2014/06/14/arrow-s...love-interest/
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

BANNED

Have they shown Judge Grell yet and is he remotely [visually] similar to Mike Grell?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    Blue Beetle in Arrow: More DC characters in S3

Casting calls for four new characters:

Daniel could be Blue Beetle (Throw us off guard? Plus, Kord Industries have made some appearance in the past..in Arrow).

Source: http://tvline.com/2014/06/14/arrow-s...love-interest/
    Well Daniel Garrett was the name of the original Blue Beetle, before Ted Kord, for whatever that's worth.

Mighty Member

More teases for season 3. Maybe we'll see Katana or Lady Shiva.

One of the best aspects of The CW's Arrow are the incredible fight scenes crafted by Stunt Coordinator JJ Makaro and Fight Coordinator James 'Bam Bam' Bamford. Entertainment Weekly believes the fight choreography is so good that Makaro and co. might be in line for an Emmy nomination. In a recent interview, Makaro touched on the epic season 2 showdown between Green Arrow (Stephen Amell) and Deathstroke (Manu Bennett) but also looked ahead to season 3. Said Makaro, "Our fights are going to get better again because they always do. James [Bamford], we keep pushing him and we keep giving him stronger challenges. He’s right now in Asia learning some more fight moves, so he’s really moving forward with the fight work. Now that they’ve put us into Asia, hopefully we’ll be able to get in there and have a lot of fun doing those kinds of fights. But the other things that we’re trying to get out is I’ve always wanted to do a parkouring sequence through moving traffic. I’ve seen little bits of it. We dabbled with it in the previous season when we did the huge jump across the alley and then came down the fire escape and hopped on a car, and then we did a little parkour over some moving vehicles, but that’s something I’ve been hoping to do somewhere along the line. I keep watching for the opportunity for it. But of course, it’s as big and complicated as a lot of the things we’ve done already. I’m sure if we do do it, it will be a challenge."

In a season 2 finale flashback, we saw that Oliver actually makes it off the isalnd and washes up in Hong Kong. There, he's met by Amanda Waller (Cynthia Addai-Robinson) of A.R.G.U.S., which makes the familiarity exhibited between the two in present-day Starling City make more sense. And thanks to a recent casting call description there's strong evidence that Oliver honed his martial arts skills there, perhaps under the tutelage of Katana or Lady Shiva.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    I dont see why people are soooo hung up on her having powers (in the TV show)...Sara showed you can do Canary and not need that
    I believe when I was at SDCC for the very first panel said something about her getting powers at some point.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

BANNED

Still waiting 2 see Judge Grell.

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    I believe when I was at SDCC for the very first panel said something about her getting powers at some point.
    Hey Power Torch do you remember if it was Sara gaining powers or did they say Canary cause it could mean that Laurel gains the powers and that would be the reason for her becoming the Black Canary.
    ()
    Truth is the best policy

She didn't have the scream for the first 20 years of her comic existence, and frankly should never have been given it. She works much better as a martial-arts/gadget character and the scream just gets in the way. Frankly it feels like a holdover from the days when they didn't want female characters to get into brawls, a way to make her into a ranged caster type.