Page 515 of 598 FirstFirst ... 15415465505511512513514515516517518519525565 ... LastLast
Results 7,711 to 7,725 of 8959

Thread: Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Can you imagine how messed up it'd be if Tommy Merlyn WERE to somehow come back now? I can't help but think that's on the table now between his Earth-X doppelganger and his use here in what's relatively quick succession.
    Unless he's leaving Chicago Med, there is little chance of this happening. And really, Chicago Med seems like the long term job over Arrow at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    My bet peeve from the episode is the ever popular 'let's keep talking when we should be killing our opponent'. Alternate Laurel - give me a break. If you need to kill someone, kill them. Oops, he had a remote control from Best Buy to shut you down. What a surprise!
    While I agree, she wasn't jawjacking too much there. She screamed him down, shot and killed a bunch of his men, then moved in close to melt his brain. Now if she had just done it, then boom! End of story. But because she HAD to get a line in, he got the upper hand again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Alex hasn't really been doing that much of support lately though, has she?
    She killed a ton of Nazis in the crossover. Another reason she's one of my favorite characters.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Unless he's leaving Chicago Med, there is little chance of this happening. And really, Chicago Med seems like the long term job over Arrow at this point.

While I agree, she wasn't jawjacking too much there. She screamed him down, shot and killed a bunch of his men, then moved in close to melt his brain. Now if she had just done it, then boom! End of story. But because she HAD to get a line in, he got the upper hand again.

She killed a ton of Nazis in the crossover. Another reason she's one of my favorite characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    No, if only because she's been stuck with either romantic drama or dealing with threats she has no chance against (the Worldkillers), but in seasons 1-2 she did put down a lot of people (including Kara's aunt).

She kill a heck of a lot of Nazi's in the crossover .
    Oh, certainly in the crossover she was back to form, taking names and kicking ass. And a cool team up with Sarah Lance. But since? Not so much.

So...we're never going to see Watson again? Disappointing. I did like General Hale as the lawyer, though, she made some valid arguments and even got Oliver to admit he spent time in Hong Kong and Russia.

Rene, though? My goodness, is he trying to protect his daughter or does he have a grievance against how Oliver operates as the Green Arrow? In this episode it felt like he wanted to keep Oliver out of jail and only revealed his identity because he saw Diaz with his daughter. And then they just kiss and make up at the end of the episode. But Rene has been extremely vocal about how much he disliked being bossed around by Oliver and can't stand him. Where can NTA go after this?

Diaz is getting too sloppy. He's lucky (or I guess smart enough) that there are enough cops and people in the legal system that are loyal to him.

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Oliver should've invited the Human Target to join the team.
    I feel like in Chase's line of work, he has to be constantly moving around and can't really settle down in one place. They should have him on retainer, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Chance!Tommy Green Arrow honestly felt more like traditional Green Arrow then they've ever written Oliver as .
    All he needed to do was take shots at fat cat conservatives and hit on a few women.

Astonishing Member

I would like to see a season start with a super villain confronting and announcing to Kara, Barry or Ollie:

This is my evil plan. It will take all season to unwind. I will torment you and your friends/family. You cannot stop me because I will ... blah, blah.

Then:

1. Kara sets him or her on fire with heat vision.
    2. Barry punches him or her at 80,000 mph
    3. Ollie shoots arrows into each eye and COM.

Next episode. The extended teams of each are eating a pizza and saying - What was that idiot thinking?

Then we can have a season about their love lives. Kara can find someone to replace Mon-el. About about the Super Horse guy? Ollie and Felicity design an app for superhero romance and become rich again. Barry and Iris move to the 30 th Century (never mind).

It is interesting how team Arrow and his lawyer violated zillions of laws and professional ethics. Also, after the trial is there anybody who doesn't think Ollie is Green Arrow? It's like the OJ trial. Yeah, he walked but he did it. The jury certainly thought so. The FBI will be after him till the end of time.

Fantastic Member

Just because Rene and Oliver made peace doesn't mean that the team should get back together. Yeah, Rene had his reasons, but I don't think someone who tried to send you to JAIL and almost killed you should be on your team. Same with Dinah; Oliver made it clear that he doesn't trust her, and he shouldn't. She repeatedly put her relationship ahead of everything else and lied to him about it; then she chose him over saving the city from a BOMB only to fall into a trap which got him killed; then she chose revenge over saving the city again and had to be forced to stand down; she and her team repeatedly assaulted everyone on Oliver's team, including poor Quentin, who she brutalized, and Diggle, who was almost crippled by Curtis; and she put killing Black Siren ahead of getting the city its money back, until Curtis talked her down. She made it clear what her priorities are, and it is not the city. As for Curtis, he was hurt by the spying, but he let that hurt grow into unreasonable resentment. He encouraged Rene's horrible behavior (and Dinah's, to some extent), and he hurt Diggle. The three of them should stay away and let Oliver get a new team.

Incredible Member

If Ollie needs a team to fight Diaz's army he should call on the Legends for a hand, plus Mari (Vixen). A first grandmother/granddaughter team-up.

Next season would be a bit crowded in Star City with a new Team Arrow (much like comic Gotham). I hope the show starts out slow with maybe one or at most two new members. With the new member (or one of the new members) being bunker-bound to be tech-support (because Ollie wants to separate his Arrow-life from his Ollie-life). Would like a new Wildcat (maybe being a protege of the previous Wildcat) and with Manhunter having a long DC history finally make an appearance on the show.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Supergirl killed Parasite by nuking him. He definitely wasn't a faceless mook.
    Ok, caveat. If the villains are (or become) obviously monstrous and inhuman in appearance, it's also ok for our heroes, such as they are, to kill them. Only human (or human-looking) villains get the "life is sacred and we shouldn't kill unnecessarily, if at all" deal. Also, I like the "Why Don't We Just Shoot the Bastard(s)?" post, but then we wouldn't have a show. My compromise is to split the season into two smaller arcs rather than one big meta-arc.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    To be fair, it was left pretty ambiguous if Oliver honestly meant that he liked killing or if Chase brainwashed him into thinking it.
    I don’t think it was left ambiguous as he came back to the Bunker and shut the whole thing down.

During the Bunker blackout episode, Felicity told Oliver that it was a load of crap and that he and Adrian are nothing alike.
    What does Felicity know about PTSD or what Oliver has gone through, she shouldn’t have been the one to give him that pep talk, it should have been Diggle, who tried and was shut down which is only one of many examples of Character shilling. When Felicity gets a chance she gets what she wants.
    Ah, Mountain Time Zone.

10 minutes in, I've already flipped off NTA 3-4 times. Even with Rene saying that Oliver being trouble was his fault.
    Finally, did he apologize yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Quentin dies, obviously. And I bet it happens next episode when Diaz goes after all the families.

On one hand, I wish Colin didn't have another show right now so that they could have really brought Tommy back. On the other hand, I'm glad he's got job security because it seems likely that next season will be the last for Arrow, unless something major happens. Hopefully the new showrunner brings the show back to what it once was.
    That would require a complete overhaul and address a lot of issues with the characters including possibly dissolving Olicity which I want to happen but don’t think it will.
    Nice episode with a few surprising twists.
    It seems NTA and Oliver are on the way to finally reconcile.
    I’m looking forward to see what happens because if Ollie apologizes and NTA doesn’t then it will be simply
    NOOOOOOOOOO
    Seems WAY too easy for the way NTA, and even Diggle, acted. Though at least Rene FINALLY admitted he was in the wrong way back when.
    For me admitting you were wrong is step 1 and means little if you don’t follow up on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxmcco View Post
    Wishes for next season:
    Team Arrow is Oliver and Roy supported by Felicity. And Laurel 2 slowly becomes an ally acting more as a badass anti-hero, who joins Team Arrow by mid-season. Back to basics for what is looking like their last season. The ratings have been tanking pretty bad and I wonder if this ship can be turned around.
    I like this but I would swap out Felicity for Alena for me too much baggage and issues to make it believable especially with how they sweep things under the rug.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    I really didn't feel bad for Rene at all. Him being forced in that position because of threats to his daughter in the first place would've been a more sensible way to push Rene's story here. As it is my reaction to the drama of him being blackmailed just had me go " On ho, Mr. Diaz...don't...hurt...her...if only Rene could've seen Diaz and the government here weren't exactly trustworthy, if ONLY."
    This gets to the core of the issue though, NTA point is that the orginals didn’t trust them however everyone excluding Curtis did questionable things, Renee didn’t come to his team and say “Agent Watson wants me to testify you hoss she says she will take my daughter” Felicity, Alena and Curtis could have hacked in and found out what they had and poof no more leverage but he made the deal and then Ollie gets blindsided and I could be wrong but Renee was there and didn’t say anything when Dinah was benched. Dinah kept that she was meeting with someone who had threatened her teams lives multiple times and they are surprised and they make a new team which is going to be different because they trust each other and when Oliver says everyone is to blame Renee says I did it for my daughter you can’t keep blaming me, the fact that you did it for your daughter is noble however you lose all of that because you are the one that allowed Oliver to be arrested in front of his son dip****

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    If Ollie needs a team to fight Diaz's army he should call on the Legends for a hand, plus Mari (Vixen). A first grandmother/granddaughter team-up.
    Amaya has left the legends however it would be cool if the legends appear, it is possible I know caity lotz is due to guest star maybe she brings the legends with her however slightly dissa[pointed about no more firestorm am I the only one who wouldn’t mind Jax and Lilly being firestorm while dating at the same time similar to Jason and his girlfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    Next season would be a bit crowded in Star City with a new Team Arrow (much like comic Gotham). I hope the show starts out slow with maybe one or at most two new members. With the new member (or one of the new members) being bunker-bound to be tech-support (because Ollie wants to separate his Arrow-life from his Ollie-life). Would like a new Wildcat (maybe being a protege of the previous Wildcat) and with Manhunter having a long DC history finally make an appearance on the show.
    I wouldn’t mind seeing more of Alena next season and we know that Roy will be back and hopefully if they are going for redemption for Black Siren they don’t do it this season. Any of NTA should beg for Ollie forgiveness including Diggle.
    Truth is the best policy

Just got into arrow. Am binge watching seasons one and two. Am really enjoying the show so far.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post
    I don’t think it was left ambiguous as he came back to the Bunker and shut the whole thing down.
    Well yeah, because he was brainwashed/tortured into believing it, is what I mean.
    But as I said, I think it was left pretty ambiguous.

What does Felicity know about PTSD or what Oliver has gone through, she shouldn’t have been the one to give him that pep talk, it should have been Diggle, who tried and was shut down which is only one of many examples of Character shilling. When Felicity gets a chance she gets what she wants.
    Not to start a Felicity discussion again, but honestly, sometimes I feel like whatever Felicity does is considered a Mortons Fork. If she criticizes, she is being toxic, if she is supportive it is shilling.
    And yeah, she never directly experienced the same stuff Oliver went through, but she does know him as a person, hence why she tried to convince him that he is no psychopath like Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    Just got into arrow. Am binge watching seasons one and two. Am really enjoying the show so far.
    Enjoy it!
    And please don't give up while watching 3 and 4, 5 gets better again, I promise.

Well yeah, because he was brainwashed/tortured into believing it, is what I mean.
    But as I said, I think it was left pretty ambiguous.
    Fair enough I personally think the tone was set when one of his team members thought it was ok to call him a serial killer and no-one blinked.

Not to start a Felicity discussion again, but honestly, sometimes I feel like whatever Felicity does is considered a Mortons Fork. If she criticizes, she is being toxic, if she is supportive it is shilling.
    Generally because the writing for the character is spotty at best for example the episode in the bunker she was pissed when Oliver said that working with helix might not be the best play and she lied saying she has always supported him only a couple of episodes later she gets to give him a pep talk to suit up when he should never had to not do it, if that makes sense I don't think I see that much consistence is my problem.
    And yeah, she never directly experienced the same stuff Oliver went through, but she does know him as a person, hence why she tried to convince him that he is no psychopath like Adrian.
    So does Dig and Thea but it seems recently that the only character allowed to give pep talks is Felicity because the Oliciters want them to be partners when to me anyway it makes little to no narrative sense.

But as you don't want to get into a felicity i'll just stop there thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    3 and 4 will be hard to get through but as Anarchist says 5 is better than 3 and 4 even though I have more own issues with 5 but it is still a reasonable good season.
    Truth is the best policy

So Laurel II routinely kicks Team Arrow's asses. And all it takes to stop her is a shiny green thingy. And even though TA has two genius level tech people and another member with access to ARGUS, they can't do what Diaz does with ease.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    So Laurel II routinely kicks Team Arrow's asses. And all it takes to stop her is a shiny green thingy. And even though TA has two genius level tech people and another member with access to ARGUS, they can't do what Diaz does with ease.
    Or get Cisco to whip up something.

I'm glad the writers realized how non-threatening Diaz is and instead write him as a whining, insecure man-child. Him raising and lowering his voice in an attempt to sound menacing just isn't doing it for me.

And...Agent Watson? I kind of thought that Oliver's Plan B would be Sara, but I guess she's finale-only.

Mighty Member

I wish Oliver didn't have to reveal his secret identity to that FBI agent. She's really annoying.