Page 519 of 598 FirstFirst ... 19419469509515516517518519520521522523529569 ... LastLast
Results 7,771 to 7,785 of 8959

Thread: Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I can't believe they didn't end Diaz. He is not a villain worthy of two seasons.
    Why didn't Ollie just kill him on the roof?
    Well, I think he wanted to bring him in for the FBI, but Black Siren screwed that up.

I actually find it refreshing that a villain will carry over. Maybe the new show runner can actually do something good with him.

Also;
    CALLED IT! Ollie went public with being Green Arrow, like in the comics. Now, will he become a self-proclaimed SJW next season?

She definitely jumped the gun a bit, but it was worth it to see him fly off of the roof. In that moment he was as powerless as he made her feel. Plus, it's pretty in-character for her to pull something like that. If they bring him back, that'll make him some kind of arch-nemesis for her.

What I want to know is how she was able to contact Sara?

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    She definitely jumped the gun a bit, but it was worth it to see him fly off of the roof. In that moment he was as powerless as he made her feel. Plus, it's pretty in-character for her to pull something like that. If they bring him back, that'll make him some kind of arch-nemesis for her.

Lance probably had a device to do so.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I can't believe they didn't end Diaz. He is not a villain worthy of two seasons.
    Why didn't Ollie just kill him on the roof?

AGREED 100%
    Another season of Diaz yelling his rants.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Well, I'm betting he's out by December at the latest.
    Oh for sure. Probably earlier, depending on when the new season starts.

Sandy Hausler

After what he did in the Dominators Crossover, he can probably be obtaining a presidential pardon.

Oh, and by the way, how long is he going away? Just because you surrender to the FBI, doesn't mean you're in jail for life. Hell, in light of what he did for Star City, a judge (who does the sentencing, not the FBI) might give him a suspended sentence.

And again, for the record, I'd like to know what FEDERAL statute he's supposed to have violated.

Sandy Hausler

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post

I'm sure their Central City pals know how to contact the Legends. They've done it before during the crossovers, right?

Sandy Hausler

Ultimate Member

Well that was kind of crap:

-Diaz of all villains isn't defeated and gets away, ugh. He's not interesting or menacing, get rid of him.

-Quentin's death was handled really poorly. Also what a waste of a Caity Lotz appearance. You bring her in, and Sara doesn't even get a scene with her dad before he dies, lame.

-NTA gets off scott free for their whiny idiocy this season, while Oliver is the one who suffers.

-Oliver's "plan" made no sense, and keeping it from his wife and son was just a douche move.

-Etc.

So a poor ending to a poor season, how fitting I suppose.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Two Arrowverse superheroes go to jail this season and both storylines were done stupidly, IMO.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Astonishing Member

Let's see if I can remember all the headaches.

Ollie going around congratulating and forgiving team members who are at least partially responsible (though indirectly) for how long Diaz had control of the city IE Tina and Rene. oddly he doesn't address Curtis at all?

An entire scene about Rene and his daughter made to have us feel sorry for him and what might happen if he dies and leaves his daughter all alone. After a ton of episodes that amounted to him saying I don't care if you go to prison Ollie even if you have a son.

Quentin's killed off after everything. Doesn't even get to have a scene with Sara directly. Sara is somehow entirely unaware of who Black Siren is or she'd have kicked her ass for using her sisters name and face to embolden Diaz into well stuff like her Dad's death.

Black Siren...HAS A MISSION to take down Diaz presumably. BUT WHO CARES. GET. BLACK. SIREN. OFF. THE. SHOW. ugh. Have her die and resurrect the real Laurel already. Do a twofer for Tina too.

I really can't imagine why in universe someone like Ollie would even be seen as doomed to prison. Wouldn't Argus or any number of government agencies similarly spring him just to have him work for them like the Suicide Squad? I imagine if this were reality almost everyone would be lining up to have Ollie as a resource albeit secretly.

The show also continuously ignores how nonsensical Watson's actions are. Ollie's the only reason she and the FBI even have a solid chance of taking Diaz down in the end and they still want to put him away.

And of course Diaz. Who of course survived many injuries and being screamed at into the river below. As cop out endings go it's not bad but it's hard to care that Diaz is still out there.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post

I really can't imagine why in universe someone like Ollie would even be seen as doomed to prison. Wouldn't Argus or any number of government agencies similarly spring him just to have him work for them like the Suicide Squad? I imagine if this were reality almost everyone would be lining up to have Ollie as a resource albeit secretly.

That actually would have made sense! For Argus to just swoop in as they are putting Oillie in the van and say he's ours now and just tell the FBI its out of their jurisdiction. To have it make more sense, Lila is replaced or demoted and a new director is put in and her/his first action is to reform the Suicide Squad (or an equivalent; Strike Team X) and places Oliver on it with Dig as the handler. Cut. Would have made more sense that way.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    After what he did in the Dominators Crossover, he can probably be obtaining a presidential pardon.

Oh, and by the way, how long is he going away? Just because you surrender to the FBI, doesn't mean you're in jail for life. Hell, in light of what he did for Star City, a judge (who does the sentencing, not the FBI) might give him a suspended sentence.

And again, for the record, I'd like to know what FEDERAL statute he's supposed to have violated.

Sandy Hausler
    He doesn't go away for good until and unless there's a trial in Federal court... which you're right, they need to find something federal to charge him with first. And he may very well be able to get out on bail while awaiting trial if anyone close to him still has the funds to put up the bond, although they might try to argue he's a flight risk despite surrendering himself given his former jet-setting ways.

And before a judge sentences him, a jury needs to actually convict.

Of course, they didn't handle his local trial any better. I was waiting for them to have him admit he was the Green Arrow, and the prosecution try to rest its case, and then Jean Loring step up and say, hold up, you might have him for the new anti-vigilante statute (but only for being Green Arrow since it was passed, no retroactive laws), but you still have to prove every other charge, guys. Where's your physical evidence for any of the assaults, murders, etc.? Plus, even if Diaz had the judge, the jury, and the city completely wired, Star City is in a state with appeals courts, presumably.... we haven't been shown that he has the governor or state legislature in his pocket, or even the larger county government, and convicting Ollie without sufficient evidence would leave so many grounds for appeal that Jean would surely have a field day. Most prisons are under state or county, not municipal, jurisdiction, too...
    Last edited by vitruvian; 05-18-2018 at 08:03 AM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I like Diaz so it's nice to see him carry over. He only had half a season to be the main villain having to take a backseat to the boring af Cayden James.

Diaz needs to be alive since he is bringing in the Longbow Hunters. Someone has to pay them.

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    AGREED 100%
    Another season of Diaz yelling his rants.
    Who say's he's gonna be the Big Bad again though?

Anyway, quite the interesting finale.

Quentin's demise however was far too casual and didn't leave much emotional impact imO.
    Also, agree with the above, get rid of Black Siren. I'll never, ever buy her so called 'redemption'. It's pure and utter fanservice-bullshit.