Page 520 of 598 FirstFirst ... 20420470510516517518519520521522523524530570 ... LastLast
Results 7,786 to 7,800 of 8959

Thread: Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post

Quentin's demise however was far too casual and didn't leave much emotional impact imO.
    t.
    Come on, Oliver said that he learned everything about being a father from him. That had some impact.

And he will probably come back as a dupe from another dimension, hopefully with hair.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    He doesn't go away for good until and unless there's a trial in Federal court... which you're right, they need to find something federal to charge him with first. And he may very well be able to get out on bail while awaiting trial if anyone close to him still has the funds to put up the bond, although they might try to argue he's a flight risk despite surrendering himself given his former jet-setting ways.

And before a judge sentences him, a jury needs to actually convict.

Of course, they didn't handle his local trial any better. I was waiting for them to have him admit he was the Green Arrow, and the prosecution try to rest its case, and then Jean Loring step up and say, hold up, you might have him for the new anti-vigilante statute (but only for being Green Arrow since it was passed, no retroactive laws), but you still have to prove every other charge, guys. Where's your physical evidence for any of the assaults, murders, etc.? Plus, even if Diaz had the judge, the jury, and the city completely wired, Star City is in a state with appeals courts, presumably.... we haven't been shown that he has the governor or state legislature in his pocket, or even the larger county government, and convicting Ollie without sufficient evidence would leave so many grounds for appeal that Jean would surely have a field day. Most prisons are under state or county, not municipal, jurisdiction, too...
    This show (and Flash as well) is REALLY bad at handling trials/legal matters. Barry's trial was terribly-written, as was Moira's trial back in Arrow Season 2.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    This show (and Flash as well) is REALLY bad at handling trials/legal matters. Barry's trial was terribly-written, as was Moira's trial back in Arrow Season 2.
    Which is terribly sad considering that Guggenheim use to be a lawyer.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Which is terribly sad considering that Guggenheim use to be a lawyer.
    Yeah. In Ollie's trial, it was laughable that they were trying to beat Roy into giving testimony against Oliver... he should have just agreed, then both denied Ollie was ever the Arrow and taken his shirt off and shown the court the bruises from the cops beating on him right there in court. Or since Team Arrow had eyes on the situation in that room, recorded video of the beatings and sent it to the whole wide world - local, state, federal authorities plus all the news media and posted anonymously on every form of social media. Plus when the various prosecutors said they were going ahead without any solid evidence at the time (as when Roy was their star witness and got away from them), I don't recall seeing Jean even trying for a dismissal; even if denied by the judge, it would be setting up an appeal.

And with Barry, it was curious that they didn't even try for the obvious, "you can tell it's a frame job by the fact that the prosecution's case depends on a CSI knowingly leaving around DNA and other physical evidence without any effort to get away with it" defense.

Astonishing Member

Having Sara show up just as they announced Quentin was dead … so sad. Too bad Sara didn't have access to a way to get there earlier Or even access to devices that could heal major injuries like those Quentin had.

And was I the only one thinking that Sara would be sending Black Siren back to take the real Laurel's place. It's not like history cares which Laurel actually is killed by Darkh.

Samanda Watson? Either my closed caption messed up or that FBI agent was always meant to be head of the Suicide Squad, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    I really can't imagine why in universe someone like Ollie would even be seen as doomed to prison. Wouldn't Argus or any number of government agencies similarly spring him just to have him work for them like the Suicide Squad? I imagine if this were reality almost everyone would be lining up to have Ollie as a resource albeit secretly.

The show also continuously ignores how nonsensical Watson's actions are. Ollie's the only reason she and the FBI even have a solid chance of taking Diaz down in the end and they still want to put him away.
    I think there is more to Oliver's imprisonment than meets the eye. Watson said she wanted two things from Oliver- a confession, and something else that we didn't hear. I think Oliver is working for Watson, and his stint in the Super Max is his cover for a mission on the inside.

I'm torn about Quentin's death. One one hand, this show seems to loose something every time an original character is killed off. On the other, there really was nowhere else to go with his character. So he dies a martyr, and the city can hold him up as an example of standing against corruption. And it's even fitting he died taking a bullet for Laurel- he wasn't there to do that when his Laurel was killed, and maybe it's his way of atoning for shooting her on Lian Yu.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Let's see if I can remember all the headaches.

Ollie going around congratulating and forgiving team members who are at least partially responsible (though indirectly) for how long Diaz had control of the city IE Tina and Rene. oddly he doesn't address Curtis at all?

An entire scene about Rene and his daughter made to have us feel sorry for him and what might happen if he dies and leaves his daughter all alone. After a ton of episodes that amounted to him saying I don't care if you go to prison Ollie even if you have a son.

Quentin's killed off after everything. Doesn't even get to have a scene with Sara directly. Sara is somehow entirely unaware of who Black Siren is or she'd have kicked her ass for using her sisters name and face to embolden Diaz into well stuff like her Dad's death.

Black Siren...HAS A MISSION to take down Diaz presumably. BUT WHO CARES. GET. BLACK. SIREN. OFF. THE. SHOW. ugh. Have her die and resurrect the real Laurel already. Do a twofer for Tina too.

I really can't imagine why in universe someone like Ollie would even be seen as doomed to prison. Wouldn't Argus or any number of government agencies similarly spring him just to have him work for them like the Suicide Squad? I imagine if this were reality almost everyone would be lining up to have Ollie as a resource albeit secretly.

The show also continuously ignores how nonsensical Watson's actions are. Ollie's the only reason she and the FBI even have a solid chance of taking Diaz down in the end and they still want to put him away.

And of course Diaz. Who of course survived many injuries and being screamed at into the river below. As cop out endings go it's not bad but it's hard to care that Diaz is still out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    Having Sara show up just as they announced Quentin was dead … so sad. Too bad Sara didn't have access to a way to get there earlier Or even access to devices that could heal major injuries like those Quentin had.

And was I the only one thinking that Sara would be sending Black Siren back to take the real Laurel's place. It's not like history cares which Laurel actually is killed by Darkh.

Samanda Watson? Either my closed caption messed up or that FBI agent was always meant to be head of the Suicide Squad, huh?
    Was her first name really Samandra? Man, they really ARE trying to make her the new Amanda Waller.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

What annoyed me about Watson is how she treated Black Siren as collateral damage for the entire episode but when they are in the same room together at the hospital she does nothing. Are you not going to arrest her for all her crimes? I'm sure she wasn't apart of Ollie's deal. How can she be in the same room as this bitch and just let her go? My head hurts.

Astonishing Member
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    What annoyed me about Watson is how she treated Black Siren as collateral damage for the entire episode but when they are in the same room together at the hospital she does nothing. Are you not going to arrest her for all her crimes? I'm sure she wasn't apart of Ollie's deal. How can she be in the same room as this bitch and just let her go? My head hurts.
    I wouldn't put it past him to make her a part of the deal.

I felt this episode needed to be longer. Oliver doesn't give a goodbye speech to Curtis, and Sara doesn't have a final moment with her father? Those things kind of needed to happen.

I liked Diaz living, if only because I wasn't expecting it. He wasn't 100% the main villain this season and won't be for next season. The change in status quo for Oliver is interesting (kind of makes me want to go back to Smallville and re-watch how they handled Oliver coming public), and we're finally getting that Green Arrow Super Max movie, but it doesn't seem possible for him to go back to operating as a Star City vigilante anymore. So maybe after this...retirement?

They kept William, JJ, and Zoe together in protective custody? I wonder what those kids talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I'll split the difference and say they had a five year idea of a plan. They knew where Oliver needed to end up at the end of year five in the flashbacks, but outside of the first two years, years 3-5 flashbacks felt very disjointed. Especially in year 4, where year three CLEARLY should have ended with Oliver heading for Russia and staying there for 2 years, instead of Waller press-ganging him into service AGAIN in Coast City.

As for William- I think that the producers had a good idea that the CW would keep them on the air at least through year five, and so they started peppering in the Williams stuff early on. And that's what they should have done with The Quadrant. Bertinelli is in trouble with them in year 1 or 2. Brick is trying to impress them so he could join in year 3. Darhk threatens them in year 4, and they come to an understanding and pull out of Star City. In year 5, maybe Church was a low-level member of The Quadrant and brings them back into the city. See? Build them up in the background, make them seem like a believable threat, so when Diaz starts killing them all, it's a genuine shock..
    I forgot about the return of Waller thing. If they had enough story for 2 years of Russia, they should've done it, but I think his final return to Lian Yu should've lasted longer. As for the Quadrant, they could've just replaced all uses of HIVE with the Quadrant and then we finally meet the big guns in seasons 5 and 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I can't believe they didn't end Diaz. He is not a villain worthy of two seasons.
    Why didn't Ollie just kill him on the roof?
    It's possible that the sniffer in his gauntlet only worked close range, and he needed to be near Diaz to get all that information off him, and if Oliver went for a kill shot, Diaz may've just hopped into the water before Oliver could've gotten close to him. That and they just wanted an excuse for a showdown between the two of them. Too bad Diaz has never been a physical match for Oliver, even if he did manage to cut his bowstring.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    They essentially had to ignore everything about Sara and what she's doing currently to make any of that work. There wasn't even a "I got here as soon as I could" line (even with time travel, the Legends aren't super precise when it comes to returning to the present). It'd be nice to see her early next season to interact more with Dinah and Black Siren, but they'd have to leave any of her magic time-travel-can-fix-it plot devices out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I wouldn't put it past him to make her a part of the deal.
    If she was apart of the deal then she would pretended to give a crap about her safety. She didn't care if she or her people put bullets in her to get to Diaz.

Diaz's yelling is worse than Felicity's Season 3 crying for me.

I hope Quentin dying doesn't screw up Sara and Ava's relationship. The last time a family member died she screwed her way through history, which was awesome, but now she's with Ava so I'm curious to see how else she'll cope.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    Diaz's yelling is worse than Felicity's Season 3 crying for me.

I hope Quentin dying doesn't screw up Sara and Ava's relationship. The last time a family member died she screwed her way through history, which was awesome, but now she's with Ava so I'm curious to see how else she'll cope.
    And has a not-sister whom she personally has never had any interaction, good or bad, with. Whom her father had taken in and had done his best to reform her. I could see her kind of stay in touch with Laurel, if just to get a better feel on her. After all, she could see it as another chance to be with her sister, even though this Laurel is from another Earth.