Page 521 of 598 FirstFirst ... 21421471511517518519520521522523524525531571 ... LastLast
Results 7,801 to 7,815 of 8959

Thread: Arrow

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    What annoyed me about Watson is how she treated Black Siren as collateral damage for the entire episode but when they are in the same room together at the hospital she does nothing. Are you not going to arrest her for all her crimes? I'm sure she wasn't apart of Ollie's deal. How can she be in the same room as this bitch and just let her go? My head hurts.
    She may have promised not to arrest her along with the rest but knowing all about Black Siren she could report Laurel to Immigration and have her deported. Laurel is an illegal alien from another Earth. Could use Trump's speech (if that world was also crazy enough to elect him) of how Earth 2 people are murderers and thieves although some are good people (Harrison and Jesse).

However Ollie gets out of this next season, he'll now have to function as a hero whose identity is now publicly known. I guess the mask will just be for effect now if he still wears it.

Finally saw the episode. What a crap ending. Lance dying the same way as Earth-1 Laurel for his daughter’s mass murderer counterpart? Worst villain survives? Public identity for Oliver again? This show desperately needs a Flashpoint style reboot. They didn’t need Lance to die just because the actor was going to leave the show just like Stein didn’t need to die in Legends. Lance could’ve just moved away or something. I would say that that it’s possible for a new showrunner to turn things around, but she’s an Olicity shipper, so it’s all but guaranteed that it’s going to suck.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    And has a not-sister whom she personally has never had any interaction, good or bad, with. Whom her father had taken in and had done his best to reform her. I could see her kind of stay in touch with Laurel, if just to get a better feel on her. After all, she could see it as another chance to be with her sister, even though this Laurel is from another Earth.
    I hope the writers approach it differently than they did with Lance. He used Earth-2 Laurel as a do-over, seeing her as his actual daughter instead of a mass-murdering transplant from a parallel world. Obviously he was understandably very emotional and irrational, but, I would prefer Sara seeing her just as someone who looks like her sister. She can absolutely get to know her, and even relate with her on all the killing stuff**, but she should never, ever call Siren "sis" or "sister".

And if Earth-2 Laurel dies and Sara is upset, she can always pull a Lance and substitute her with Earth-X Laurel

** On that note, I see some chatter online about how because Sara has also killed people, that Siren is no less deserving of redemption than she is. Now it's true that she has, but, as far as we know, Sara never enjoyed killing people during her time in the League. And she's actively worked towards being a better person, wrestling her demons every step of the way. There's an effort there that just isn't present with Siren, but that could be on the books for next season. Still, we've seen Siren smile in a woman's face, kill her, steal her shoes then gloat about how she killed her to another woman she's tried to kill repeatedly. This is of course before the writer's dropped her sadistic personality in favor of Diaz's lack of volume control.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

It'll be great seeing that for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Finally saw the episode. What a crap ending. Lance dying the same way as Earth-1 Laurel for his daughter’s mass murderer counterpart? Worst villain survives? Public identity for Oliver again? This show desperately needs a Flashpoint style reboot. They didn’t need Lance to die just because the actor was going to leave the show just like Stein didn’t need to die in Legends. Lance could’ve just moved away or something. I would say that that it’s possible for a new showrunner to turn things around, but she’s an Olicity shipper, so it’s all but guaranteed that it’s going to suck.
    I disagree. Stein's death was impactfull. It had meaning, and an emotional resonance, and even though I knew he was leaving the show to do Broadway, I completely forgot about it in the moment. With Quentin's death, I couldn't help but think about how he didn't renew his contract, and that he had a new show being picked up on NBC, and the publicity shot of him with one of the leads that was on line. It was like Thea leaving. Even though they dragged it out through a two week hiatus, I knew she wasn't renewing her contract, so I knew she was leaving. There was no way I could NOT think about that when she left. But Stein? I cried like a baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    I hope the writers approach it differently than they did with Lance. He used Earth-2 Laurel as a do-over, seeing her as his actual daughter instead of a mass-murdering transplant from a parallel world. Obviously he was understandably very emotional and irrational, but, I would prefer Sara seeing her just as someone who looks like her sister. She can absolutely get to know her, and even relate with her on all the killing stuff**, but she should never, ever call Siren "sis" or "sister".

And if Earth-2 Laurel dies and Sara is upset, she can always pull a Lance and substitute her with Earth-X Laurel

** On that note, I see some chatter online about how because Sara has also killed people, that Siren is no less deserving of redemption than she is. Now it's true that she has, but, as far as we know, Sara never enjoyed killing people during her time in the League. And she's actively worked towards being a better person, wrestling her demons every step of the way. There's an effort there that just isn't present with Siren, but that could be on the books for next season. Still, we've seen Siren smile in a woman's face, kill her, steal her shoes then gloat about how she killed her to another woman she's tried to kill repeatedly. This is of course before the writer's dropped her sadistic personality in favor of Diaz's lack of volume control.
    The biggest problem with Laurel 2.0 is the way she was written was so wildly erratic. I also have a hard time reconciling the smiling killer from the first half of the season to the remorseful (?), tormented, reluctant villain in the second half. The best they can do is give us an origin story- show us what make Laurel 2.0 the way she was, give us something to show us she was once a good person, who turned evil out of necessity, and maybe got lost in that before her not-father dragged her back. It wouldn't be perfect, but it would be something.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    Given how Earth-X Quentin reacted to Sara's orientation, something tells me she and Siren X would not get along well at all.

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    And before a judge sentences him, a jury needs to actually convict.
    If he pleads guilty, then there is no trial. In light of his public confession, I assume that he is going to plead guilty.

Sandy Hausler

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    If he pleads guilty, then there is no trial. In light of his public confession, I assume that he is going to plead guilty.

Sandy Hausler
    In order to plead guilty, he still goes to court with the prosecutor (not an FBI agent), a judge, and his own attorney there to make sure he understood and agrees to the terms of the plea. Until that happens, he's not convicted, and is awaiting trial rather than serving a life sentence.

Even if they want to skip over the courtroom scene where the judge accepts his plea, FBI agents don't have the ability to offer and accept plea bargains... a federal prosecutor needs to have gotten involved at some time.
    Last edited by vitruvian; 05-22-2018 at 06:03 AM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I disagree. Stein's death was impactfull. It had meaning, and an emotional resonance, and even though I knew he was leaving the show to do Broadway, I completely forgot about it in the moment. With Quentin's death, I couldn't help but think about how he didn't renew his contract, and that he had a new show being picked up on NBC, and the publicity shot of him with one of the leads that was on line. It was like Thea leaving. Even though they dragged it out through a two week hiatus, I knew she wasn't renewing her contract, so I knew she was leaving. There was no way I could NOT think about that when she left. But Stein? I cried like a baby.
    What sucked about Stein's death is that he had a way out without needing to kill him. Such a thing was his subplot for the season. Not only do they decide to kill him but Jax gets screwed because Stein isn't around anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    In order to plead guilty, he still goes to court with the prosecutor (not an FBI agent), a judge, and his own attorney there to make sure he understood and agrees to the terms of the plea. Until that happens, he's not convicted, and is awaiting trial rather than serving a life sentence.

Even if they want to skip over the courtroom scene where the judge accepts his plea, FBI agents don't have the ability to offer and accept plea bargains... a federal prosecutor needs to have gotten involved at some time.
    I'm aware of that. A judge has to agree to the plea. But whatever the plea, there has to be a sentence. He's not in prison forever. It could be assumed that the court stuff happened off screen, but I'm still not sure what crime he allegedly committed. And the way the FBI acted, there might even be a basis for an appeal or habeas relief.

Sandy Hausler

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    The biggest problem with Laurel 2.0 is the way she was written was so wildly erratic. I also have a hard time reconciling the smiling killer from the first half of the season to the remorseful (?), tormented, reluctant villain in the second half. The best they can do is give us an origin story- show us what make Laurel 2.0 the way she was, give us something to show us she was once a good person, who turned evil out of necessity, and maybe got lost in that before her not-father dragged her back. It wouldn't be perfect, but it would be something.
    She definitely needed her own "The Dragon" episode this season. I think the writers will give her a flashback next season.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Given how Earth-X Quentin reacted to Sara's orientation, something tells me she and Siren X would not get along well at all.
    It would be quite the twist if Siren X actually was supportive and accepting. It would be extremely unlikely, but it would be interesting.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Spectacular Member

Not convinced with Earth 2 Laurel's "fear" of Diaz especially since Earth X Laurel would have no hesitation.