Page 53 of 598 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153553 ... LastLast

Thread: Arrow

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RCQ21 View Post
    Devon Aoki is cast as Katana for Arrow's season 3 Hong Kong Island Flashbacks!
    http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/07/01...rrow-season-3/
    That is some excellent casting. I thought she was great in Sin City and she was good in DOA despite that movie being pretty terrible.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    As Arnell says in that article I mentioned, ARROW is low in the ratings in the U.S. because the CW only airs in a few markets, whereas the big networks have many more affiliates--but ARROW does very well internationally, so the series has a lot of support. They also say in the article that the season opener is set in Hong Kong (or Vancouver standing in for Hong Kong). Arnell didn't get much time off on hiatus--filming begins this month and will go through April.

An online version of the article I read yesterday, in the PROVINCE, can be found at the STARPHOENIX--Global Superhero.
    How many episodes do they typical film by October?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by pitbull in a skirt View Post
    How many episodes do they typical film by October?
    Most shows I've worked on are around episodes eight through twelve by October. Midseason finales typically air in December before the holidays, and those are usually filmed between a month and six weeks before they air, for example.

Peter Stormare cast as Werner Zytle

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Arrow-Ve...e-1083968.aspx

BANNED

Amell posts his 'super hero workouts' on Twitter...its like an obstacle course

very intense

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    Blue Beetle in Arrow: More DC characters in S3

Casting calls for four new characters:

Daniel could be Blue Beetle (Throw us off guard? Plus, Kord Industries have made some appearance in the past..in Arrow).

Source: http://tvline.com/2014/06/14/arrow-s...love-interest/
    So which version of BB are we gonna get? or is it gonna be some weird combo of all two or three?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalen O. View Post
    Well Daniel Garrett was the name of the original Blue Beetle, before Ted Kord, for whatever that's worth.
    Thanks for noticing that i forget that.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    She didn't have the scream for the first 20 years of her comic existence, and frankly should never have been given it. She works much better as a martial-arts/gadget character and the scream just gets in the way. Frankly it feels like a holdover from the days when they didn't want female characters to get into brawls, a way to make her into a ranged caster type.
    I don't think the scream works for the character in the modern age especially with her appearances in the Birds of Prey which are a street level group.

Quote Originally Posted by RCQ21 View Post
    Devon Aoki is cast as Katana for Arrow's season 3 Hong Kong Island Flashbacks!
    http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/07/01...rrow-season-3/
    I haven't seen her in anything in ages. I remember in the early 2000's when it looked like she was going to start being in more movies after 2 Fast 2 Furious and Sin City. Nope. Glad to see her back I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    I haven't seen her in anything in ages. I remember in the early 2000's when it looked like she was going to start being in more movies after 2 Fast 2 Furious and Sin City. Nope. Glad to see her back I guess.
    Was she in Sucker Punch?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sonofspam1972 View Post
    Was she in Sucker Punch?
    No. Ironically, the Asian girl in that movie replaced Aoki in Sin City. I think Aoki was pregnant at the time so she couldn't do SC.

Now I remember where I first saw Aoki. She was in that movie D.E.B.S. I didn't even know she was in 2 Fast 2 Furious as well.
    I've liked Katana ever since I saw her in Beware the Batman, so this is great news for me.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

All-New Member

She was also in D.O.A. (Dead or Alive), a movie that's criminally under-rated.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by cjp View Post
    Plot-wise it's pretty underwhelming, but the fight scenes are pretty great. Plus, Eric Roberts has always had a bit of Bruce Campbell in him as far as hammy performances are concerned. DEBS, though...yeesh. The less said about that movie the better.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cjp View Post
    I liked DOA, its total fan service, it knows it, fight scenes are decent, and it doesn't take itself too seriously

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    I liked DOA, its total fan service, it knows it, fight scenes are decent, and it doesn't take itself too seriously
    Neither does D.E.B.S.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sonofspam1972 View Post
    Neither does D.E.B.S.
    I enjoyed DEBS, clever movie

and Aoki as the French student is quite funny