Page 548 of 598 FirstFirst ... 48448498538544545546547548549550551552558 ... LastLast
Results 8,206 to 8,220 of 8959

Thread: Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    So I finally got my answer. I have been asking about this since November. Just some random act of violence. Stanley didn't even know Dinah had the Canary Cry.
    Stanley knew she had the Canary Cry. At the very least, Dinah had been outed as the Black Canary the week before and had publicly showed her powers. Stanley even had the newspaper of her screaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Which sucks even more. **** Black Siren, she doesn't deserve this.
    I always liked Dinah and all the hate she got was very unfair.

Anyway, still enjoyed the episode. Stanley was creepy as ****.

Also, maybe Curtis is gonna join Team Flash, now that he is in Central City? With Carlos Valdes probably leaving the show and everything....
    I've almost always liked Dinah; I just hated WHY she was brought onto the show. And most of last season, which I am choosing to ignore.

Echo Kellum gave an interview where he said he was leaving to spend more time with his son, and to pursue other avenues other than acting. Though he did say that he is welcome to coming back in a guest spot every now and then.

I can see it now, for Crisis next year they bring everybody back- and kill them all. Except Thea, whom they won't kill.

I haven't minded this Future story as much as most people, but I think this week is my breaking point. You mean to tell me that William NEVER met Mia? Even when she was a baby? You mean that he still calls Felicity his mother, but apparently she never had contact with him once he left with his grandparents? You mean his dad never mentioned his new daughter in a phone conversation, or sent him a picture or anything?

I could buy it if she was an adopted daughter that came into their lives years later, but not as a biological child, which looks to be what they are setting up here.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    So I finally got my answer. I have been asking about this since November. Just some random act of violence. Stanley didn't even know Dinah had the Canary Cry.

That was my thought too. Laurel will be the only one with meta powers. With Curtis gone it seems like they have eliminated almost every character that requires special effects. Cost cutting move?
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Which sucks even more. **** Black Siren, she doesn't deserve this.
    I always liked Dinah and all the hate she got was very unfair.

Anyway, still enjoyed the episode. Stanley was creepy as ****.

Also, maybe Curtis is gonna join Team Flash, now that he is in Central City? With Carlos Valdes probably leaving the show and everything....
    Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    God, yeah. I think a chunk of that is because they hadn't anticipated the chemistry between Ollie and Felicity. Then the popularity of Sara Lance. Then their absolute character assassination of the first Laurel.

I wonder if looking back they would've done anything any differently?
    Here's a thought- what if they had cast Emily as Laurel, instead of Katie?

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Here's a thought- what if they had cast Emily as Laurel, instead of Katie?
    I don't think Emily could've pulled off being Black Canary, especially if the writing wasn't there.

It's just not the kind of character she excels in.

But if they had given Oliver and Laurel's relationship the amount of screentime they gave Olicity in future seasons...well, one way or another the show would have been very different.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I hate everything about the future storyline.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    That would probably be for the best. This future sucks.

Sandy Hausler
    We know know comic books love dystopian futures.

Coming to the CW . . . Mr. Terrific, Vibe, Elongated Man, and Huntress in . . . The Terrifics!

Astonishing Member

I haven't minded this Future story as much as most people, but I think this week is my breaking point. You mean to tell me that William NEVER met Mia? Even when she was a baby? You mean that he still calls Felicity his mother, but apparently she never had contact with him once he left with his grandparents? You mean his dad never mentioned his new daughter in a phone conversation, or sent him a picture or anything?

I could buy it if she was an adopted daughter that came into their lives years later, but not as a biological child, which looks to be what they are setting up here.
    I had the same problem with William and Zoe not being aware of Mia's true identity. The only out I can see is that since Oliver's fate is not certain in that future that Mia was assumed to be with him (dead or in hiding).

And I am calling the resolution of this future arc being Felicity in the present losing the baby. Kill Mia, save the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post
    We know know comic books love dystopian futures.

Coming to the CW . . . Mr. Terrific, Vibe, Elongated Man, and Huntress in . . . The Terrifics!
    Have they revealed with Rory and Helena survived their encounters with Stanley?

Sandy Hausler
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    I had the same problem with William and Zoe not being aware of Mia's true identity. The only out I can see is that since Oliver's fate is not certain in that future that Mia was assumed to be with him (dead or in hiding).

And I am calling the resolution of this future arc being Felicity in the present losing the baby. Kill Mia, save the future.
    It would have to be a miscarriage. An abortion to change a dystopian future (which they don't even know about) would not go over well with some segments of the public.

Sandy Hausler
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    It would have to be a miscarriage. An abortion to change a dystopian future (which they don't even know about) would not go over well with some segments of the public.

Sandy Hausler
    I was figuring on it being a miscarriage as the result of something Arrow-related. If Diaz is coming back maybe he can be involved, which would finally cause Oliver to kill him and quadruple verify that Diaz is "dead" dead.

Next season has no pregnancy, no Diaz and Arrow has a chance to go out on a higher note as a result.

I have to be honest, I can count on one hand the number of things I have liked about this season.
    Ep2 William says he has a boyfriend the internet explodes that he is gay 11 episodes later he is saying he is gay in a scene in my opinion didn’t need it. It raises a question though because I’m a william\zoey shipper guess I can’t do that now because William is gay however any Tom dick and Jane can write a story with Oliver as gay without problems but the reverse isn’t true. There is the fact that after 4 years the once again imo toxic olicity relationship is still going strong so in fanfic terms the majority is either Oliver slash or oilicity neither of which I’m interested in. There is also felicity as a character I just have reached a point that I’m thinking of bailing I might even do it too. The whole stanly thing I have to wait a couple of weeks (arrow starts back end of the month) to see what I think but from what I have heard the story seems iffy.
    Last edited by VolcanikTiger86; 02-17-2019 at 08:57 AM.
    Truth is the best policy

Is Stanley supposed to be a sort of version of Nite-Wing? Short stature, blonde hair, prone to outbursts, unhealthy hero worship. Well, projection of having a big brother actually but it kinda fits.

I just know I'd rather see him again than Diaz.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Is Stanley supposed to be a sort of version of Nite-Wing? Short stature, blonde hair, prone to outbursts, unhealthy hero worship. Well, projection of having a big brother actually but it kinda fits.

I just know I'd rather see him again than Diaz.
    He's supposed to be connected to the boy from the old "Stanley and his Monster" comics. The villain in the Green Arrow comics was his grandfather who I believe was also named Stanley.

Mighty Member

Diaz literally "burned in hell".

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Diaz literally "burned in hell".
    I really hope he is not merely dead, but really most sincerely dead.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

You'd think that with Rene being sanctioned now, they'd give him back his more armored uniform.

So I'm thinking William's Grandparents cut him off from Oliver without telling him.

This future story line better end in some kind of time travel during the Crisis next year. I do like the encryption through obsolescence.

I love this Siren/Felicity friendship. It's picking up the threads of the Felicity/Laurel friendship from back in Season 4.

Wow, the assistant director of ARGUS is dirty- and dead.

Is Dante Adrian Paul, the Highlander?! Awesome!

As an aside- I feel like Dante is the make-good for Diaz. Like he's the character they wanted Diaz to be, but that he could never be due to the writing last season.

I've just realized- they've completely ignored the stuff that happened in the first part of the season. The Longbow hunters get name-dropped, but that's the first time we've heard about them in months. There was never a payoff for the drugs Diaz stole and used.

So Nora is working with Thawne, and Emiko is working with Dante. I'm guessing they are doing a variation of the Ninth Circle story line.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

You'd think that with Rene being sanctioned now, they'd give him back his more armored uniform.

So I'm thinking William's Grandparents cut him off from Oliver without telling him.

This future story line better end in some kind of time travel during the Crisis next year. I do like the encryption through obsolescence.

I love this Siren/Felicity friendship. It's picking up the threads of the Felicity/Laurel friendship from back in Season 4.

Wow, the assistant director of ARGUS is dirty- and dead.

Is Dante Adrian Paul, the Highlander?! Awesome!

As an aside- I feel like Dante is the make-good for Diaz. Like he's the character they wanted Diaz to be, but that he could never be due to the writing last season.

I've just realized- they've completely ignored the stuff that happened in the first part of the season. The Longbow hunters get name-dropped, but that's the first time we've heard about them in months. There was never a payoff for the drugs Diaz stole and used.

So Nora is working with Thawne, and Emiko is working with Dante. I'm guessing they are doing a variation of the Ninth Circle story line.

Knew I knew the face but I couldn't place it. Haven't seen Adrian Paul's face in forever I guess.