Page 55 of 598 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155555 ... LastLast

Thread: Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    Armageddon

Stormare plays a Cosmonaut
    I figured it was that or deep impact. been a while since I have seen either

Quote Originally Posted by cjp View Post
    She was also in D.O.A. (Dead or Alive), a movie that's criminally under-rated.
    I loved that movie, good fight scenes, a story you could follow that wasn’t serious and a happy ending, what more could you ask for.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    I liked DOA, its total fan service, it knows it, fight scenes are decent, and it doesn't take itself too seriously
    I agree it was a great wee film.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofspam1972 View Post
    Neither does D.E.B.S.
    Quite like D.E.B.S as well, not a favorite though
    Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post

Vertigo Redux
    I wait until Season 3 Starts in like 3 months before making a call, I can only remember him from Constantine and I can’t remember that film all that much.
    Truth is the best policy

Default Brandon Routh as The Atom?

"In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

BANNED

wow

that role might actually suit him very well

how the mighty has fallen!
    http://www.shadowandflamewithmagik.com/

My Blog following the adventures of Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Magik

Is he going to actually be the Atom, or just a Reed Richards' type genius?

I feel sorry for Routh. Going from Superman to the Atom has to be embarassing on some level and he really isn't that bad an actor.

Quote Originally Posted by JackalsIII View Post
    how the mighty has fallen!
    Whilst I'd agree that appearing on Arrow isn't the highpoint of anyone's career (well, maybe Amell's), a job's a job, ain't it?

Besides, having a decent, charismatic actor on the show is always a welcome bonus, particularly with the likely absence of Bennett for a while. Barrowman and Ramsey can only do so much between them to compensate for Amell and Hayne's non-performances.

^ Preach it. A job is a job. Still...yikes.
    Well, at least he'll be the best looking guy on the cast.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Incredible Member

Umm, Routh has been a regular TV actor for years, this is nothing new. Chuck, Partners, multiple guest appearances on shows....he starred in a summer blockbuster that didn't live up to expectations eight years ago, and he's been working regularly in TV and smaller film roles ever since. Not exactly a tragic fall from greatness. I'm sure he's thrilled to be playing the Atom, its exactly the kind of role he likes.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kalen O. View Post
    Umm, Routh has been a regular TV actor for years, this is nothing new. Chuck, Partners, multiple guest appearances on shows....he starred in a summer blockbuster that didn't live up to expectations eight years ago, and he's been working regularly in TV and smaller film roles ever since. Not exactly a tragic fall from greatness. I'm sure he's thrilled to be playing the Atom, its exactly the kind of role he likes.
    This, pretty sure the dude is one of us. And you can definitely expect a few Superman snarks I think, so that'll be worth it if nothigng else.

BANNED

agreed, he's probably thrilled for the chance and ive enjoyed his guest spots on various shows

BANNED

Very discouraging IMO that they are casting Brandon Routh as Atom. Nothing against Routh, he'll probably do fine, I just want Arrow to remain as much as a possible as show where powers are very limited. The more supers they start putting on the show the more ridiculous a guy with a bow becomes as he tries to hold his own with them. The Flash promo where Flash outruns one of Ollie's arrows despite starting several hundred yards behind shows just how ridiculous Ollie is next to someone with powers.

Incredible Member

A) Routh being cast as the Atom isn't an indication of how long before we see his powers on the show. He could just be Dr. Ray Palmer, a scientific consultant, friend and advisor to Ollie for awhile before he ever begins to explore the things that grant him his shrinking ability.

B) Green Arrow and Batman and other nonpowered heroes have been holding their own alongside Superman and other Justice League members for decades in the comics. Yes, it requires a certain suspension of disbelief to accept a man with a bow and arrow is relevant in a world with superhumans, but considering all of this requires significant suspension of disbelief to begin with, its all about the execution.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mastermind View Post
    Is he going to actually be the Atom, or just a Reed Richards' type genius?

I feel sorry for Routh. Going from Superman to the Atom has to be embarassing on some level and he really isn't that bad an actor.
    I don't see how.

Routh is a fantastic actor that was sadley saddled with a bad script. His work in Scott Pilgrim was fantastic. I also loved his role as the gay boyfriend in that one sitcom two seasons ago. Partners? I was really hoping to see him as Bizarro in an up coming superman movie. I wonder if he will be interacting with jean lauring?
    Last edited by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus; 07-07-2014 at 11:56 AM.