Page 551 of 598 FirstFirst ... 51451501541547548549550551552553554555561 ... LastLast
Results 8,251 to 8,265 of 8959

Thread: Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    That's too bad but understandable. The show is (as are Flash and Supergirl) seem played out to me. The year long villains that are uninteresting have drained the excitement from the shows. A spectacular COIE tie in would be a fitting end. Guest shots on surviving shows are ok but Arnell should move on to other things.

Flash - is there even a point to the current season? Just hints at a big reveal - if it's COIE, then Flash will dead for a bit. Unlike the comics, it would be hard to get him back.

Flash's continued stupidity in action and deeds is oh so bathetic. Same with Kara getting kicked to the curb by everyone who comes across her.
    I think we've hit the point where the pendulum between serialized and episodic content is so tilted towards the former that there needs to be a readjustment.

Gotham is interesting because no matter how the season starts you end up somewhere else completely. There is a goal at the end of the each season obviously, but you will have several multi-episode arcs in it that obscures this. Comic books run usually operate like this too.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    I think we've hit the point where the pendulum between serialized and episodic content is so tilted towards the former that there needs to be a readjustment.

Gotham is interesting because no matter how the season starts you end up somewhere else completely. There is a goal at the end of the each season obviously, but you will have several multi-episode arcs in it that obscures this. Comic books run usually operate like this too.
    I agree with that, Pinsir. Create a few shorter-arc stories per season instead of the full-season ones and fill in the rest with single episodes.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Basically create a new show. Don't think that's going to happen. And quite frankly, given the low quality of the show over the past two seasons (at least), I don't think they should re-make the show. DC has a lot of characters.

Sandy Hausler
    How does replacing some supporting character make The Flash a new show? It still has The Flash as the lead character. Supergirl replaces supporting character every season but the show is still Supergirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    How does replacing some supporting character make The Flash a new show? It still has The Flash as the lead character. Supergirl replaces supporting character every season but the show is still Supergirl.
    Hahaha Flash the lead that made me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Hahaha Flash the lead that made me laugh.
    Titular character?

Titular character?
    We are Flash nuff said Barry hasn't been the lead in a long time.

We are Flash nuff said Barry hasn't been the lead in a long time.
    Really? The show I watch on Tuesdays still has Barry as unquestionably the lead character, but maybe there is another Flash show I'm not aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Really? The show I watch on Tuesdays still has Barry as unquestionably the lead character, but maybe there is another Flash show I'm not aware of.
    First season was fine because it was Flash learning to be Flash but Flash suffers from the same issue that Supergirl and Arrow does where their supporting cast is equal and in some story arcs more important than them Teams Flash, Arrow, and Supergirl could survive more without their "Lead" Character than vice versa and that doesn't scream lead to me. I'm actually excited with the idea Cisco and Caitlin might be leaving because it might be Barry will finally become the Flash he should be.

First season was fine because it was Flash learning to be Flash but Flash suffers from the same issue that Supergirl and Arrow does where their supporting cast is equal and in some story arcs more important than them Teams Flash, Arrow, and Supergirl could survive more without their "Lead" Character than vice versa and that doesn't scream lead to me. I'm actually excited with the idea Cisco and Caitlin might be leaving because it might be Barry will finally become the Flash he should be.
    I agree with you that the supporting casts get a bigger share of the pie on these shows than they do in the comics, but that's how these network shows have been doing it for quite a while now.

Astonishing Member

There's a tendency among most shows, not just genre, that as time goes on - the personal life focus on the cast expands. I used to like Law and Order SVU until it started to focus on the female characters' having babies, dealing with the baby, the lovers, etc. Fine if you like romance, but I liked the police procedural aspect more.

BTW, if we think the DC characters are incompetent fighters, that pales in comparison to the SVU officers, total incompetents with their firearms and H2H.

Leaving a show that still has life in it, is stupid for the most part. The furniture stores and car dealerships in Hollywood are littered with failed actors. No one gives a crap about the Cisco actor. He offers nothing unique. He should hunker down, and take most of his salary and invest in good mutual funds. Some actors do that - most are too ego driven. Same with sports stars.
    Last edited by Captain Smith; 03-10-2019 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Leaving a show that still has life in it, is stupid for the most part. The furniture stores and car dealerships in Hollywood are littered with failed actors. No one gives a crap about the Cisco actor. He offers nothing unique. He should hunker down, and take most of his salary and invest in good mutual funds. Some actors do that - most are too ego driven. Same with sports stars.
    What is Floriana Lima (formerly Maggie Sawyer on Supergirl) doing these days?

What is Floriana Lima (formerly Maggie Sawyer on Supergirl) doing these days?
    She was on Lethal Weapon, and then The Punisher.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2779018/

The whole premises of the show is Team Flash. If everyone leaves Team Flash, it's basically a new show. At least that's my view. Yours may differ.
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Supergirl replaces supporting characters? Jimmy Olsen -- check. Alex Danvers -- check. J'onn J'onns -- check. I'll give you Winn, but that's one person. (Cat Grant was never a member of Team Supergirl.)
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    The whole premises of the show is Team Flash. If everyone leaves Team Flash, it's basically a new show. At least that's my view. Yours may differ.
    The vast majority of people watch the show for the Flash, not Team Flash (same goes for Ollie over Team Arrow). In fact, Iris was ridiculed on this site over her "We are the Flash!" statement because it was kind of ludicrous.