Page 559 of 598 FirstFirst ... 59459509549555556557558559560561562563569 ... LastLast
Results 8,371 to 8,385 of 8959

Thread: Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    So as Arrow starts to wrap up, what do you all think was the biggest missed opportunity of the show.
    Never getting to see Malcolm pay for his crimes. By all rights, Oliver should've killed him back in Season 3. To say nothing of Malcolm's actions in Season 4.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    So what, now actors are responsible for the way their fans act and thus deserve no sympathy themselves?
    Thats an incredible twisted logic.

Nobody can control a fandom, especially not in the age of social media.

Don't think so.
    If you say nothing when your fans attack your coworker do not expect any sympathy if it happens to you later.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I agree with all of that, and I especially agree that Katie and Stephen didn't have any chemistry as romantic partners. I bought them as friends in later seasons, but between the character's history and the actor's lack of romantic chemistry, I couldn't buy them as a couple if they had gone through with it.

So as Arrow starts to wrap up, what do you all think was the biggest missed opportunity of the show. I mean, for me it's had so many:

-Thea not being a main antagonist of Season 3

- the evolution of Laurel into Black Canary, including having Sara willingly pass the mask to her instead of being fridged.

- Ricardo Dragon

- Damian Darhk being more of a threat due to his skills rather than magic

- Amanda Waller

- Oliver's arrest and incarceration and everything around it

- Roy Harper. This is a casting issue. I know that Colton requested to be written off to deal with his health, and I'm all for that. But if they had cast someone else in the role, then maybe that wouldn't have happened and they would have stuck around.
    Biggest missed opportunity to me was Sara. She had great chemistry with Ollie and her fighting abilities felt earned. She would have made a great Black Canary just like she makes a great White Canary. It still wouldn't have been comics accurate but it would have been a Black Canary with Ollie. Maybe its for the best since we now get Sara as the lead character on Legends but I think losing her hurt Arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Biggest missed opportunity to me was Sara. She had great chemistry with Ollie and her fighting abilities felt earned. She would have made a great Black Canary just like she makes a great White Canary. It still wouldn't have been comics accurate but it would have been a Black Canary with Ollie. Maybe its for the best since we now get Sara as the lead character on Legends but I think losing her hurt Arrow.
    Sara was probably the closest realization to Black Canary from the comics until Dinah showed up and before she got de-railed in season 5.

But I definitely found Sara's relationship with Oliver more believable then I did with Felicity.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Things that Arrow bungled in my opinion...

WALLER...like that....that...who OKed that casting? I she was a horrible horrible choice.

Most of season 4.

The Team Arrow civil war plot.

Malcolm stayed waaay too long.

And yes I agree that Thea should have went full on baddie in season 3. I hope we get that going forward with Emiko and they dont pull some redemption **** out of their asses

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    If you say nothing when your fans attack your coworker do not expect any sympathy if it happens to you later.
    Yeah sure, whatever fits your narrative
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Never getting to see Malcolm pay for his crimes. By all rights, Oliver should've killed him back in Season 3. To say nothing of Malcolm's actions in Season 4.
    I agree. This scumbag was around for FAR too long. And he died in sucha lame way.
    Malcolm was probably the most reprehensible person in the whole show.
    Yet idiot Oliver kept covering him over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Was it ever confirmed if Brick killed Wildcat?
    Christ, I forgot all about Wildcat. There was another dropped ball. They cast an actor that was way too young, and they cast an actor that wasn't going to stick around.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I'm just happy to see Rene back in his old Wild Dog costume - and very happy that he's not calling everybody "Hoss" anymore... it was worth Quentin dying just to not hear that from him again.
    Actually, seeing him back in his original costume bugs me a bit. If he's working with the cops now, shouldn't he be wearing his more armored-up version?

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Things that Arrow bungled in my opinion...

WALLER...like that....that...who OKed that casting? I she was a horrible horrible choice.
    Agreed. And so far, there have been two women cast in different roles that would have made much better Wallers- Agent Watson from last season, and Col. Haley over on Supergirl. In fact, I'm kind of hoping we'll find out she actually IS Amanda Waller, and that she was working undercover to expose the President.

Most of season 4.
    I enjoyed Season 4 up to the point where they killed Laurel, and then I was done. But I do see what you mean.

The Team Arrow civil war plot.
    Agreed. Season 6 is the only season I haven't really finished. I just watched youtube clips of the hightlights.

And yes I agree that Thea should have went full on baddie in season 3. I hope we get that going forward with Emiko and they dont pull some redemption **** out of their asses
    With only 6 episodes left? I'm worried that it will feel too rushed. And we'll either get a redemption story, or Emiko will die.

Malcolm stayed waaay too long.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post

I agree. This scumbag was around for FAR too long. And he died in sucha lame way.
    Malcolm was probably the most reprehensible person in the whole show.
    Yet idiot Oliver kept covering him over and over again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

I agree. Malcolm should have been killed at the end of Season 3 at least, and definitely should have been killed at the end of Season 4 after selling out William and drugging Thea AGAIN. The fact that they gave him a 'noble death' irks me, and I'm not convinced he won't show up next season before the end.

I think for Malcolm, it became a case of they cast an actor they genuinely liked, and didn't want to get rid of him.

Also, another dropped ball, if you can call it that, was all the changes enforced on the show by Warner Brothers. Specifically their embargoes on characters, from Slade, to Katana, to the Suicide Squad. I think they are starting to see how stupid that is, but it's too little, too late at this point.

Mighty Member

A Canary smackdown. Awesome!

Hasn't Laurel just killed 3 people this episode? Why are they talking about redemption?

And are they actually thinking of turning the lame furture story into it's own series?
    I won't be watching if they do.

So they just killed all those henchmen without blinking an eye. Felicity, you're a hypocrit.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 04-15-2019 at 06:52 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    And are they actually thinking of turning the lame furture story into it's own series?
    I'd be shocked if they weren't.

Why would anyone watch that? I don't want to watch the segments now.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Why would anyone watch that? I don't want to watch the segments now.
    To each their own. I'm interested in seeing where they take it.

This episode reminds me of how much I miss Sara on Arrow. It also reminds me how much I miss her season 1-2 Legends uniform. Not a fan of the disco suit, even with the cleavage.

Side note- I love how they relegated Oliver discovering that Dante had Emiko's mother killed to the 'C' plot, because I'm sure it was a surprise to no one.
    Last edited by AnakinFlair; 04-15-2019 at 08:11 PM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I really liked Sarah in this episode. I liked her here than any recent episode of Legends. It was a return to form.

Felicity just going to turn a blind eye to all the people Siren help kill?

Hasn't Laurel just killed 3 people this episode? Why are they talking about redemption?

Yes, that stuff is boring as hell with no likeable character. Mia just comes off as a spoiled brat. I can't imagine anything that would motivate me to watch it.