Page 562 of 598 FirstFirst ... 62462512552558559560561562563564565566572 ... LastLast
Results 8,416 to 8,430 of 8959

Thread: Arrow

This episode crystallized something for me. I'm glad they are ending next season, and that next season is only 10 episodes. I'm glad because with this episode, they have proved that they have run out of ideas. From Roy going on a rage and killing security guards instead of cops, to Emiko wanting to destroy the city to make Oliver suffer- it's Season 2 all over again. If Felicity weren't pregnant, I'm sure she would have been in the building as well, and found Oliver's bow and quiver, and used them to get him out next episode. Heck, even the 9th Circle goons are pretty much the same faceless, voiceless goons that Slade used.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

personally id have been fine with it ending with 7 or 6 even, better to go out when you are still somewhat good instead of jumping every shark and beating every dead horse humanly possible like Supernatural.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    This episode crystallized something for me. I'm glad they are ending next season, and that next season is only 10 episodes. I'm glad because with this episode, they have proved that they have run out of ideas. From Roy going on a rage and killing security guards instead of cops, to Emiko wanting to destroy the city to make Oliver suffer- it's Season 2 all over again. If Felicity weren't pregnant, I'm sure she would have been in the building as well, and found Oliver's bow and quiver, and used them to get him out next episode. Heck, even the 9th Circle goons are pretty much the same faceless, voiceless goons that Slade used.
    Where do the villains get these hoards of goons that just serve at cannon fodder? Are the goons so incompetent because they work for cheap? Maybe the villain should hire better quality goons even if they can afford only two or three.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Where do the villains get these hoards of goons that just serve at cannon fodder? Are the goons so incompetent because they work for cheap? Maybe the villain should hire better quality goons even if they can afford only two or three.
    That is an excellent point. I think that's why I liked Brick so much for what little he did- he was a goon, but he was intelligent. God help me, I could say the same about Diaz. He was cannon fodder that made good for a while.

I'd like to know why the Ninth Circle's cannon fodder follows them. At least with the League and even the Ghosts, there was some backstory given to the troops. These guys just showed up.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    They couldn't give him a happy ending with Thea. It's like they go out of their way to piss us off.

I really can't stand that black cop. He's got no cause to have such an upity attitude.

Why was Roy so impressed with the Bunker? He's been there before.

Anyone else think that the 9th Circle's tech guy looks like a young Hugo Weaving?

Um..... when did the Star City subway reopen? Last we heard of it was in Season 1, when it was abandoned and forgotten.

So Emiko is Slade now? Sorry, she's no Slade.
    I don't think Roy ever had a happy ending. In the crappy flash forward story (where did he go in that story btw) it was never explained why he was living on his own at Lian Yu. Best guess I have is he never learn to keep his bloodlust under control and isolated himself because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I don't think Roy ever had a happy ending. In the crappy flash forward story (where did he go in that story btw) it was never explained why he was living on his own at Lian Yu. Best guess I have is he never learn to keep his bloodlust under control and isolated himself because of it.
    Which is TERRIBLE.

For the record, while I don't dislike the future story line as much as many others do, I have NEVER liked Roy's part in it. Because it implied that he and Thea never got that happy ending the both of them deserved.

As for where he is, I think he's in the bunker right now, while the others are... somewhere else.

I liked the way the episode as shot, but yeah, the whole Roy thing was terrible (for the characters to do I mean).
    Unwilling or not, he is a dangerous loose cannon. He can't be allowed to just walk after all that.

Mighty Member

The writers think of creative way's to bring back Tommy.

Umm.... William, they asked if you wanted to go live with your grandparents, whom YOU CALLED IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Roy's sacrifice perfectly encapsulates what is wrong with the fast forwards. There was no suspense that he was going to die, because we know he's alive in the future. Same with Felicity, actually.

Loved seeing Tommy again, even if he had a beard.

SCPD being destroyed? Must be May.
    Last edited by AnakinFlair; 05-06-2019 at 08:06 PM.

I guess this is the episode where Roy becomes best friends with Rene and Dinah, as shown in the future.

I really wonder how they'll deal with Emiko. I'm guessing she'll have a last-minute change of heart and is gonna sacrifice herself.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I guess this is the episode where Roy becomes best friends with Rene and Dinah, as shown in the future.

I really wonder how they'll deal with Emiko. I'm guessing she'll have a last-minute change of heart and is gonna sacrifice herself.
    Hell they showed the moment in the promo already when Oliver hands her the knife and says to kill her. Of course, she is not going to and at that moment she will decide to try and undo what she did. Probably not succeed and thus sacrifice herself completing this crap Emiko redemption angle.

Can't we have reprehensible villains on this show? This redemption crap is becoming old hat and it's being done with characters that don't deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Can't we have reprehensible villains on this show? This redemption crap is becoming old hat and it's being done with characters that don't deserve it.
    Well, there was Chase....

And we don't know if Emiko will actually be 'redeemed'. For all we know, Oliver is forced to take her down anyway, and she goes to prison not only for the attack on the SCPD, but also for Roy's murders as the cops could be convinced that Emiko tampered with the evidence.

Question- I fast forwarded a bit. In the future, did Alana lead Galaxy 1 to the bunker? Or was that a coincidence?

I had always thought that one of the best Arrow villains was Clock King, and thought of him as Felicity's arch-enemy. Now that the show is winding down, I guess we won't see him again. I would have enjoyed a re-match. Since Felicity won't even be back for the last season, I guess that's for the better.
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

It seems like the arrowverse is borrowing from Batman Beyond with the killer robots from the future being called Zetas.