Page 568 of 598 FirstFirst ... 68468518558564565566567568569570571572578 ... LastLast
Results 8,506 to 8,520 of 8959

Thread: Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by The Ozman View Post
    Yes it's getting way past damn time we got some Green Lantern action somewhere in DC's live action output.
    One of the producers, Guggenheim?, said it would be too expensive to do the effect that would do Green Lantern justice and that is why we are never going to
    get a Green Lantern on the CW. So if we do get Green Lantern at most all we would get is a brief scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    One of the producers, Guggenheim?, said it would be too expensive to do the effect that would do Green Lantern justice and that is why we are never going to
    get a Green Lantern on the CW. So if we do get Green Lantern at most all we would get is a brief scene.
    Yes, I figured cost would be the major stumbling block.

I guess I'm just getting impatient for a live action Green Lantern. DC/WB need to get over the fact that the Ryan Reynolds film failed and get on with rebooting the character into the DCEU. We got a nice GL tease in Justice League and they now need to move forward on that. I know there's supposed to be a GL Corps film in the works, but frankly things change so often with the DCEU slate that there's no guarantee that's even going to get made. I can't recall the last time I even heard any rumours about it.
    Currently Reading
    Immortal Hulk | Avengers | Thanos | Cosmic Ghost Rider | Darth Vader: Dark Visions | Guardians of the Galaxy | Fantastic Four
    Justice League | DCeased | The Batman Who Laughs | Green Lantern | Heroes in Crisis | Doomsday Clock | Last Knight on Earth
    Aliens: Rescue | Invisible Kingdom

I kinda wish the crossover event next year is Futures End just so that I can see Mister Terrific go full on evil, I think that actor can really pull it off.

Mighty Member

Joseph-David Jones Upped To Series Regular For Final Season Of the CW Drama

We will see a lot more of Connor Hawke in the final chapter of Arrow. Joseph-David Jones, who joined the cast of the CW’s DC drama as recurring during its most recent seventh season, has been bumped to a series regular for its eighth and final season.

Created and developed by Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim and Andrew Kreisberg, Arrow, which launched the CW’s Arrowverse, follows spoiled playboy-turned-hero Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) as he protects the city under disguise as a hooded vigilante known as The Green Arrow.

David-Jones plays fan-favorite Connor Hawke, an agent of the Knightwatch who also operates at the second Green Arrow. He was first introduced in a two-episode arc on DC’s Legends Of Tomorrow in 2016 before joining Arrow in early 2019.

They are either building towards the future cast being involved in the Crisis, or they really are trying to set up a spin-off.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Ok finished the season guess the how John Diggle ends up raising Bronze Tigers kid as his own is something for the final season. Hated the WHOLE future story line but did enjoy most the main story line this season. I do get irked by how inconsistent people fighting skills are. And I didnt like the Bloodlust plot line for Roy. It didnt seem nessecary and ridiculous that Emiko knew that was gonna happen and got the footage of it. Also finaly saw the Green lantern hints with Diggles Step dad. Always nice to see Ernie Hudson.
    I cannot overstate how much I hated everything they did with Roy. And I hated it because it completely destroyed the ending that he and Thea had together.

It actually feels just like the grave plot in Season 4. For that, they had a great idea to start off showing a grave- but they had no idea who was in it. With Roy, they started out with the idea that they wanted to bring him back, and Colton was agreeable to come back- so they had to figure out how. "Oh, lets have him in the future story! He's alone on Lian Yu!" Well, what about Thea? "Uh... bloodlust! He had to leave her behind, because... reasons."

Of course, the reason was they weren't going to convince Willa to come back for more than a cameo. Given that she's been treated only slightly better than Katie Cassidy, that wasn't a shock. Honestly, at this point I'll be shocked if she shows up for Crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I cannot overstate how much I hated everything they did with Roy. And I hated it because it completely destroyed the ending that he and Thea had together.

It actually feels just like the grave plot in Season 4. For that, they had a great idea to start off showing a grave- but they had no idea who was in it. With Roy, they started out with the idea that they wanted to bring him back, and Colton was agreeable to come back- so they had to figure out how. "Oh, lets have him in the future story! He's alone on Lian Yu!" Well, what about Thea? "Uh... bloodlust! He had to leave her behind, because... reasons."

Of course, the reason was they weren't going to convince Willa to come back for more than a cameo. Given that she's been treated only slightly better than Katie Cassidy, that wasn't a shock. Honestly, at this point I'll be shocked if she shows up for Crisis.
    To be fair that's the whole show; various examples Laurel addiction, Oliver unmasking, Laurel rise to being the Black Canary, Sara as a concept, the Civil War of Team Arrow and the graveyard all of these things were good ideas and could tell exciting stories but the execution just didn't land might have been because they were scared to take risks, lazy because they didn't check what has happened on their own show or they wanted to pander to the Olicty fans some more.

To borrow your statement I cannot overstate how much I am disappointed that this show went down the road and kept doing it, the number of plot holes that can be traced back to Felicity and the only reason seemed to be why not.
    BECAUSE IT MAKES IT A VERY $#!^& STORY that's why, Mary Sues wipe them the hell out period.

Truthfully I think Roy deserved better, Thea differently deserved better and do not and I mean DO NOT get me started on Katie.

Just a thought IMHO Oliver without a doubt deserved better than what he got and if what everyone is saying is true I have no reason to want to watch season 8 none;
    Last edited by VolcanikTiger86; 06-10-2019 at 08:57 AM.
    Truth is the best policy

Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post
    Just a thought IMHO Oliver without a doubt deserved better than what he got and if what everyone is saying is true I have no reason to want to watch season 8 none;
    I know the prevailing theory is that he'll die during Crisis, but they've been beating us over the head with that for so long that I think it's too obvious and probably won't happen. The theory I subscribe to is that Oliver and Felicity will end up in a paradise pocket universe like Kal-L and his Lois did in the COIE comic. Some version of that at least.
    Currently Reading
    Immortal Hulk | Avengers | Thanos | Cosmic Ghost Rider | Darth Vader: Dark Visions | Guardians of the Galaxy | Fantastic Four
    Justice League | DCeased | The Batman Who Laughs | Green Lantern | Heroes in Crisis | Doomsday Clock | Last Knight on Earth

I know the prevailing theory is that he'll die during Crisis, but they've been beating us over the head with that for so long that I think it's too obvious and probably won't happen. The theory I subscribe to is that Oliver and Felicity will end up in a paradise pocket universe like Kal-L and his Lois did in the COIE comic. Some version of that at least.
    Death would be kinder than an eternity with Felicity.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Lol. Maybe he'll eventually bust out like Superboy-Prime just to get away from her, sparking the Arrowverse version of Infinite Crisis.
    Currently Reading

The reason why I think Oliver deserved better is he deserved a partner who didn’t need character shilling even after 5 years to my mind Felicity still does. I actually don’t want the Olicitiers to win but no matter what they already have why should I give my time to this. The writing for Thea chased her away because all, I’m surprised Katie stayed and Dinah is a non starter. The good writing is for Felicity to my mind without actual development – I think of Felicity as a prime example of a Mary Sue and I can’t tell you how much I hate them, the fiery depths of a thousand suns doesn’t even come close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    To me the fact that I cant argue that at all, tells me how much Guggy messed up.
    Lol. Maybe he'll eventually bust out like Superboy-Prime just to get away from her, sparking the Arrowverse version of Infinite Crisis.
    We will have to wait and see – my only saving grace Fanfiction exists for a reason – the fact that I have read some fanfiction better than the show says it all well IMHO.
    Truth is the best policy

You people should really learn to take TV less seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    You people should really learn to take TV less seriously.
    MST3K theme song?

Astonishing Member

The shows had stumbling blocks with some of the characters but I've loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    The shows had stumbling blocks with some of the characters but I've loved it.
    I am with you.
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.