Page 571 of 598 FirstFirst ... 71471521561567568569570571572573574575581 ... LastLast
Results 8,551 to 8,565 of 8959

Thread: Arrow

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    I was speaking tongue in cheek, as, I imagine, were you.
    Yes, I was, Sandy.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Nothing really new to see here, but still a good trailer. End of an era

Two things occurred to me watching that-

1. That's the last time we're getting a Comi-Con trailer with the arrows sailing past the WB logo

2. That may be the only time we'll see Willa Holland or Paul Blackthorn in regards to this season

Another dead character returns for the finale

https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/07/24/...rrow-season-8/

Colton Haynes drops out as a series regular in Season 8.

While I wish him the best and hope he's okay, I'm just going to say it. They never should have brought him back as a regular last season. His exit with Willa in Season 6 was the perfect coda for both of their characters, and could have led to guest spots down the road. Instead, he came back to do those damn flash forwards, which spoiled the fact that they didn't work out, and the bit back in the present where we learned now he suffers from Bloodlust after having to take a dip in the Lazarus Pit. It was a disservice to the character, and never should have happened, especially since the character was being played by an actor that is, and I'm sorry for saying this, unreliable.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Colton Haynes drops out as a series regular in Season 8.

While I wish him the best and hope he's okay, I'm just going to say it. They never should have brought him back as a regular last season. His exit with Willa in Season 6 was the perfect coda for both of their characters, and could have led to guest spots down the road. Instead, he came back to do those damn flash forwards, which spoiled the fact that they didn't work out, and the bit back in the present where we learned now he suffers from Bloodlust after having to take a dip in the Lazarus Pit. It was a disservice to the character, and never should have happened, especially since the character was being played by an actor that is, and I'm sorry for saying this, unreliable.
    Of course, after Crisis the future of the Arrowverse might change for the better, meaning that all the horrible stuff in the Flash Forwards may not happen.
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Of course, after Crisis the future of the Arrowverse might change for the better, meaning that all the horrible stuff in the Flash Forwards may not happen.
    I thought that, too. But then there is a possibility that the CW will launch an Arrow spin-off with the future cast. Which honestly felt like the only reason you would launch the flash-forwards to begin with, because it doesn't make a lot of sense to put in the time and effort of creating and launching these new characters when you know the show is going to end in a season and a half.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I thought that, too. But then there is a possibility that the CW will launch an Arrow spin-off with the future cast. Which honestly felt like the only reason you would launch the flash-forwards to begin with, because it doesn't make a lot of sense to put in the time and effort of creating and launching these new characters when you know the show is going to end in a season and a half.
    To be fair i generally ignore anything that happened in the flashforwards, i mean i thought Felicity was bad but for me i dont know Mia just takes the cake, the casting for Zoey wasnt great and then the whole spoiler that Roy and Thea didnt work out, i just didnt have and dont have any interest in that story.

Plus there is also this
    https://www.cbr.com/arrow-felicity-doesnt-deserve-hate/
    I mean i have contempt for the character because of several reasons
    1) she has lied
    2) she to the best of my knowledge has never accept responsibility or grown without it being undercut
    3) she has overshadow and disrespected the main character
    4) i dont believe the olicity romance is a happy one just like i dont believe the ron\hermione one is

To me i could go through this article and disagree with the main point, which seems to be that Felicity as a geeky cheerful woman should get a pass because she should, sorry i dont hand those out unless they are earned and to me she hasnt earned it.
    The revelance is that Mia is part of felicity and felicity is one of the big problems i have with arrow just no, i mean for crying out loud she interuppted her friends wedding so that she, no enough i'm not going there
    Truth is the best policy

So, I was just rewatching The Slabside Redemption from iTunes. I remember when the episode first came out, everyone noted at the end that Diggle just disappeared when Oliver and Felicity reunited. Well, at the very least the digital download fixed it- by inserting a very obviously CGI Diggle as the camera pulled away. That just made me laugh.

Now, if only they'd go back and digitally change Diggle's helmet in Season 3...

Mighty Member

Wondering if the last line we'll hear from Queen will be "you have failed this city"?

Mighty Member

Very frightening ending watching that alternate earth population disintegrate like that.

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Wondering if the last line we'll hear from Queen will be "you have failed this city"?
    Oh! I had started a thread about what his last words might be.... what the hell did I even say? .....

"My name is Oliver Queen"

Although it'd be funny if he said, "You have failed this multiverse." (I kinda doubt that one )

One gripe I have- they didn't shoot at the original Queen mansion. I wonder if they couldn't book it, or if they just decided not to because they only needed it for a few scenes.

Other than that, this was a really good episode with lots of nice callbacks.

Really don't care about the future storyline though, because I'm guessing that in the end, it won't matter at all.

a couple of things I noticed-

1. Wasn't the Green Arrow of Earth 2 revealed to be Robert Queen?

2. There really is no tension when it comes to Oliver dying, if you think about it. At the end of last season, Older Felicity met up with the Monitor and said that she had been waiting to see 'him' for a long time, after which the Monitor opened a portal for her to walk through. I take that to mean that Oliver won't die.

3. Despite building her up as a badass last season, Mia got taken out really easily. That could have been to build up JJ, but it just made her look weak and ineffectual.

Things I did like- I loved seeing Moira, Malcolm and Tommy again. And I really liked seeing normal, befuddled Malcolm and Dark Archer Tommy.

Nice seeing Adrian again, and I loved it when Oliver told him 'Maybe I'm 10 steps ahead of you.'

I loved the bit with Diggle in the car. 'Fool me once...'

I loved the scene when Moira and Tommy tell Oliver that Thea had died of an OD. Oliver's reaction was heartbreaking.

I actually thought that Oliver had killed Dinah on those stairs, the way she was sprawled out on the landing.

In hindsight, I found it odd that when Tommy had Oliver strung up like Malcolm had him in season 1, this time Oliver kept his shirt on.

Possibly the best opener to any season of Arrow. I really can't wait for episode 3 when Thea returns, because I want to see Oliver react to seeing his sister alive (if scarred) again.

Astonishing Member

Yeah I was very confused.

Was this supposed to be Earth 2? It doesn't have its aesthetic and it makes more sense for Laurel to start on a different Earth.

And yeah Robert Queen was alive on E-2 and hailed with returning with the heavy implication that he was The Hood.

But geeze that ending!