Page 583 of 598 FirstFirst ... 83483533573579580581582583584585586587593 ... LastLast
Results 8,731 to 8,745 of 8959

Thread: Arrow

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Fun episode. Not a lot happened, yet a lot did as Oliver comes to terms with dying and rather than railing against, he will endeavor to enjoy the time he has left.

The groundhog day gimmick has been done on Arrow, The Flash and Legends...I don't watch Supergirl outside of the crossovers. Has it been done there?

Bring on the crisis already!

And can we all agree the best thing the Arrowverse folks did was bring in Jesse L. Martin and Paul Blackthorne? Those two are the salt of the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    The groundhog day gimmick has been done on Arrow, The Flash and Legends...I don't watch Supergirl outside of the crossovers. Has it been done there?
    Not yet for Supergirl. The closest they came was an episode where Mon-El, Samantha, and Alura were killed by Reign after Reign was mortally wounded. So Kara used Mon-El's Legion ring to go back in time and
    reset time so Reign didn't get killed this time. But as it worked the first time, it wasn't repeated over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post

And can we all agree the best thing the Arrowverse folks did was bring in Jesse L. Martin and Paul Blackthorne? Those two are the salt of the earth.

Yes. I think someone else mentioned this already, but Arrow lost something when they killed off Lance. It was great seeing him back, if only for one episode. Though my heart broke that Oliver had to say goodbye to a father figure again.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I felt the same back when I was watching "izombie"
    ... or even Jensen Ackles on Supernatural.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Man, this whole season has been truly fantastic.
    Even though it cut deep. Not just Quentin's multiple deaths. Also Oliver accepting that there's no way out.

Also, that promo

No more stories left to tell

Arrow does it's own Groundhog Day/Edge of Tomorrow depending on what age demographic you're from .

Man, it was really nice to see Quentin again. The show just hasn't felt the same without Paul Blackthorne, and he just so naturally re-integrates himself back into things and with the cast so. Even Quentin as mayor is something I would've loved to have seen in the show proper, and in the dream sequence he feels like a perfect fit for the role .

Mia, Connor, and William felt like actual normal teenagers in that opening sequence. Shame it was all fake.

It's kind of funny to think this is the most we've seen Green Arrow and Black Canary together, and as basically partners, since season 2, and they didn't even go by those codenames then (and it was Sara instead of Laurel).

What was Diggle doing while Oliver and Laurel were stuck in the dream-sequence? Did Lyla and The Monitor not think he had any unfinished business worth putting him through that? So he was just on ice? I did find it poignant that it was dream!Diggle that pushed Oliver to believe he'd always find a way to win, given that was the opposite of the lesson The Monitor was trying to teach him.

So The Monitor put Oliver in a no-win case that constantly ends with Quentin dying so Oliver would accept his fate at the end of Crisis. Kind of depressing when you think about it .

Although I guess there's the contrast of Oliver finally accepting his fate while Barry finally rebels against it...but I don't think either will take too well to finding out about what's going to happen to the other during Crisis.

When Oliver tells Quentin he hopes they see each other again...I guess he's talking about when he dies and goes to Heaven or whatever form of afterlife is there in the Arrowverse? Or it's setting up Paul Blackthorne's appearance in the series finale.

The Monitor brought the kids to the present so that Oliver (and Diggle to a certain extent) would get to see them before what happens to them during Crisis? It does seem like they are trying to establish The Monitor's benevolence, in his own way, compared to his more morally ambiguous actions.

You didn't think they could end the series without returning to Lian Yu one last time, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Not yet for Supergirl. The closest they came was an episode where Mon-El, Samantha, and Alura were killed by Reign after Reign was mortally wounded. So Kara used Mon-El's Legion ring to go back in time and
    reset time so Reign didn't get killed this time. But as it worked the first time, it wasn't repeated over and over.
    There was also "For the Girl Who Has Everything."

This was better than your average Groundhog Day episode. Oliver caught on to the loop thing almost immediately, and it was nice that Laurel was in it too (whatever deal Lyla has with the Monitor, it really must mean keeping Diggle safe from any kind of harm). And man...Lance...it was great seeing him again.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I liked this episode (even though it felt a bit redundant after The Flash), but I don't like the lesson that Oliver was forced to learn. I don't accept that he can't fight fate. Because if you can't fight, then what's the point? You may as well just lay down and die.
    Maybe that's not a great lesson, but it would make sense for it to be a lesson the Monitor wants Oliver to learn. I have no idea how this is all going to play out, and I'm expecting an incredible send off to Oliver Queen when this show finally concludes.

Wait, did they say that the Monitor is the reason he didn't die after Ra's stabbed him and kicked him off the mountain?
    When did they say that?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Mia, Connor, and William felt like actual normal teenagers in that opening sequence. Shame it was all fake.
    Isn't Mia the only teenager? And 19 at youngest? Connor is probably in his mid-20's, and William was born in 2006, which would make him like 34.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Isn't Mia the only teenager? And 19 at youngest? Connor is probably in his mid-20's, and William was born in 2006, which would make him like 34.
    ...They all act really young to me .

The future is 2040, they are all born now, so all over 20. William would be in his 30s.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    When did they say that?
    I just rewatched the conversation between Lyla and Oliver, and I mis-heard it the first time. I could have sworne Lyla mentioned hid death at the hands of Ra's, and how he came to in a cabin. What she actually was saying was that everything that he's done since leaving Felicity and Mia in their cabin at the end of last season has been to fight the crisis. She also pretty much said that the Monitor brought his kids to the past so that he could spend time with them before he dies.

I still don't like the idea of you can't fight fate. Fighting to change your fate would make you fight harder in my mind. But I guess now he is fighting for his kids and their future.

I still don't like the idea of you can't fight fate. Fighting to change your fate would make you fight harder in my mind. But I guess now he is fighting for his kids and their future.
    I think Oliver's really going to rebel against fate once he finds out Barry's supposed to die.

Think Oliver will introduce Barry as "Uncle Flash"?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Think Oliver will introduce Barry as "Uncle Flash"?
    I think Barry dying in The Crisis (supposedly) might explain why he was never a factor in the Star City flash-forwards.

Although William would know about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    ...They all act really young to me .
    That they do. I didn't think about it until I typed it out, but William is actually the same age as Oliver (who was born in 1985). Obviously, they want the dynamic to be a father and his kids, which is why Mia and William act younger, but...Oliver and William can't be more than 1 year apart in age.

Astonishing Member

Arrow stays the best of the Arroweverse shows and Ollie is still the best hero. Also, the fights are so much better than the crap on the other shows. There was speculation of a Spectre cameo. I hope the Spectre is like the COIE version and maybe kicks both Monitors in the butt.